Moviebox or showbox

Started by lenny, January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2015, 01:47:36 PM
What is showbox and how do i get it on my tablet? Im taking it that it is an app?

Google "showbox apk" and download from first search result. Make sure to turn off trusted sources in security settings.

tyrone girl

trueblue1234

once I try and open a film on it, it says "video not available" And when I click the "Why
" button it says this.

QuoteSome internet service providers block our video content. We can offer you a solution to this problem.
The solution is to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to alternative connect to Movie box.
For example you can use free VPN service www.justfreevpn.com.
First of all go to this web sitehttp://www.justfreevpn.com you're going to need to make a note of a few details from the homepage. Just free VPN provide 3 servers in the USA, the UK and Canada make a note of the following details:
- server
- PPTP username
- PPTP password
Make a note of the details for the server which is closest to your Country and grab your device.

If you're on an IPad:
- Go to the 'Settings >> General >> Network >> VPN'.
- Click 'Add VPN Configuration';
- Select the 'PPTP' tab, adding fields as:
- Description: xx.juskreevpn.com (Or type anything you want here)
- Server: xx.juskreevpn.com (You made a note of this from the website earlier)
- Account: enter VPN username (You made a note of this from the website earlier)
- RSA SecurID: OFF
- Password: enter VPN password (You made a note of this from the website earlier)
- Encryption level: Auto Send All traffic: ON Click 'save'

If you're an iPhone or iPod touch:
- Go to the Settings Application.
- Go to General > Network > VPN > Settings.
- Select PPTP, in the Server field type "xx.juskreevpn.com" as the name of VPN Server.
- Enter VPN account name and password (You made a note of these from the website earlier), encryption level let it "Auto" and select "Send All Traffic", Press Save.

For setting it up that's pretty much all there is to it really.
Remember to click 'save' to store the VPN on your device. By doing this you can imply toggle the VPN on and off in future without having to re input all the details.
Now, make sure you have properly closed down Movie Box from backgrounder by deleting it from the App switcher.
Go back to Settings on your device and you should now have a VPN toggle underneath your WIFI settings.
Use the toggle to turn the VPN on and after a few seconds while your traffic is routed over the VPN.
Now open Movie Box again and as you can see the VPN has worked as the 'Download' and 'Watch now' buttons are now available :)

Do I just go ahead and do everything it asks?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

A quick scan on Google suggests it's ok.. Probably a pain in the arse as if I understood it right you will have to change the password on it everyday or ungrade to a paid vpn :-).

Who is your ISP by the way?

trueblue1234

It's on my iPhone so I just went in through safari. (Would now be a good time to mention I'm pretty crap with IT!!  :-[ )
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyroneboi

Another Showbox fan here - has anyone else's app have very few updates to movies? There has only been one new movie on the updates section since 27 December.

tyrone girl

Are there any new movies on it or is it just like netflix with older stuff?

The Iceman

I'm running a Raspberry Pi with XBMC. I've seen preloaded android boxes out there that come with XBMC, Moviebox and Showbox and other popular apps.
I have used Moviebox, Showbox and XBMC and although I prefer Showbox on a tablet I really love XBMC and the Pi for it's versatility.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 06, 2015, 04:05:18 PM
Another Showbox fan here - has anyone else's app have very few updates to movies? There has only been one new movie on the updates section since 27 December.

Very few movies released is all in good quality. It's a free service, full of what should be premium content. I wouldn't complain too much.

JoG2

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2015, 04:44:00 PM
Are there any new movies on it or is it just like netflix with older stuff?

Far superior to Netflix.  Anything available to download on say Kickass or piratebay etc will be available. Some movies that are still in the pictures will be there.

Archie Mitchell

Link for movie box for iOS devices - http://ipa.othman.tv/ipa/mbox.php

No need to change date and time or passwords.

Also if saying not available, download Hola from App Store, install the VPN profiles and use one of them to watch the content.

Only downside is that there is currently no option to send to chromecast through Moviebox like there is on Showbox for Android.

stiffler

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 06, 2015, 06:53:32 PM
Link for movie box for iOS devices - http://ipa.othman.tv/ipa/mbox.php

No need to change date and time or passwords.

Also if saying not available, download Hola from App Store, install the VPN profiles and use one of them to watch the content.

Only downside is that there is currently no option to send to chromecast through Moviebox like there is on Showbox for Android.

Thanks for that URL Archie.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2015, 02:34:13 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2015, 01:47:36 PM
What is showbox and how do i get it on my tablet? Im taking it that it is an app?

Google "showbox apk" and download from first search result. Make sure to turn off trusted sources in security settings.
Downloaded onto the wife's Samsung Galaxy s4 and the movies play on the phone but when I press the Chromecast icon it tries to search for my Chromecast it just returns My Device (the phone!). The Chromecast app is on the phone and it picks it up.

tyroneboi

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2015, 06:06:07 PM

Very few movies released is all in good quality. It's a free service, full of what should be premium content. I wouldn't complain too much.

Definitely not complaining about it I was just wondering if it was a problem with my app!

tyroneboi

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 06, 2015, 08:20:07 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2015, 06:06:07 PM

Definitely not complaining about it I was just wondering if it was a problem with my app!

Also it's so good I'm continually surprised it hasn't been shut down by the tv companies!