Likeable Politicians......

Started by 5 Sams, October 27, 2014, 11:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

...if there is such a thing. Simon Coveney comes across as a decent skin...duine ar bith eile?
The Aristocrat Years

lynchbhoy

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 27, 2014, 11:57:44 PM
...if there is such a thing. Simon Coveney comes across as a decent skin...duine ar bith eile?
Nah
He's a sickening two faced hoor like the rest of them.
Took over as Td from his oul lad and is one of those private school silver spoon cnuts!

Maybe it's just me that doesn't like him.
Then again I'd find it hard to name too many I do think are decent!!

armaghniac

Should be a short thread.
Even those with some affability are unlikeable as they are happy to ruin the country to advance themselves.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

weareros

The dirty truth is that Irish politicians are representative of Irish people in general. It's a good cross section of Irish society made up of crooks, psychopaths, thickos, alcoholics, sex abuse apologists, tax cheats, retired GAA stars, cowboy builders and amadáns of all stripes.

Asal Mor

I know even less about politics than I do about most topics but Ming has always struck me as someone who's honest and in it for the right reasons.

Eamonnca1

John Hume.

Seamus Mallon.

Mark Durkan.

Austin Currie.

John Alderdice.

John Cushnahan.

Tony Baloney

Jeffrey Donaldson
Gregory Campbell
Nelson McCausland

Great fellas, all.

brokencrossbar1

If you're talking about current politicians then there are very few.  While I understand where LB is coming from about Coveney he is not the worst of them.  I also like his FF counterpart in that area Michael McGrath,  they were local enough to me when I lived down there and always came across very genuine.

Past politicians, John Hume, Seamus Mallon, Tony Benn, Dabid Ervine and I always had a soft spot for Dennis Skinner!!

billabong

Franko

That Máirtín Ó Muilleoir boy seems like a right decent skin.

LeoMc

Quote from: Franko on October 28, 2014, 11:17:33 AM
As does his successor Nicola Mallon. Maybe with the pick we have it doesn't take much to appear better than average but Belfasts last 3 or 4 Lord Mayors (2 x SF, 1 x DUP & 1 x SDLP) have all seemed OK.

O Muilleoir could poll very well in South Belfast next year.

billabong

Quote from: LeoMc on October 28, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
Quote from: Franko on October 28, 2014, 11:17:33 AM
As does his successor Nicola Mallon. Maybe with the pick we have it doesn't take much to appear better than average but Belfasts last 3 or 4 Lord Mayors (2 x SF, 1 x DUP & 1 x SDLP) have all seemed OK.

O Muilleoir could poll very well in South Belfast next year.

Seems to be a lot of momentum behind a Unionist Unity candidate though-difficult one to forecast

mikehunt

Michael Lowry, the Healy-Raes, O Donoghue, O Cuiv, Dilly O Wee, Dempsey, Ahern*2, Phil Hogan, McCreevy Frank Fahey, Pee Flynn,Merkel, Sarkozy.

For such a small country we've been blessed with such greatness to represent us over the last 30 years. And those ones are just off the top of my head.  :'(

AZOffaly

What do you mean by likeable? By their nature, most politicians are likeable, in a superficial way at least. That's how they get votes a lot of the time, especially in small constituencies. Brian Cowan is a nice fella, but his record as member of government means he mightn't end up on a list like this :) Enda Kenny is also supposed to be a nice enough fella. I think unlikeable politicians would be fairly rare, so maybe that's a more interesting topic. I dislike Joan Burton and Leo Varadker's public personas. I'm lukewarm on Mary Lou.

Hereiam

Barry McElduff

Good hard working local politician.