Anti Catholicism prevalent in Ireland,but...

Started by T Fearon, October 01, 2014, 04:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

It all boils down to intention and motive.Not even you would suggest that the Church as an institution wilfully facilitated child abuse

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2014, 09:15:48 PM
It all boils down to intention and motive.Not even you would suggest that the Church as an institution wilfully facilitated child abuse

Does it really??

An drunk driver that mows down a crew kids creates horrific pain and loss, suufers public disgust and legal penalty but they do not intend to nor are motivated to kill kids. The moral and legal judgement of them and their actions still flow. Your point sounds very much like a barrel being scraped.

Eamonnca1

I would.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 09, 2014, 11:48:40 PM

I would.
[/quote

No-one who's paid attention to the news over the past 2 decades or so could deny wilfull facilitation of child abuse. 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on October 08, 2014, 08:56:00 PM
Tony is a warning to kids of the dangers of crossword abuse

Fearon is sound compared to you Seafoid. You are the most false person on gaaboard.

T Fearon

So none of you have turned a blind eye,passed a difficult problem on or did or failed to do something , instinctively knowing it was not the right course of action,after of course,fully contemplating all the possible outcomes years down the line,the potential victims of your action or inaction,or perhaps took comfort in the thought that "well there are people more experienced or knowledgable than me who can deal with this?"

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 10, 2014, 07:46:12 AM
So none of you have turned a blind eye,passed a difficult problem on or did or failed to do something , instinctively knowing it was not the right course of action,after of course,fully contemplating all the possible outcomes years down the line,the potential victims of your action or inaction,or perhaps took comfort in the thought that "well there are people more experienced or knowledgable than me who can deal with this?"

None of us sheilded a child abuser Tony.
None of us blamed the parents of the victims.
None of us hid our connection to Brendan Smyth for 13 years,
None of us inderstated our involvement when it finally did come out.

Nope I'd say you and your hero are firnly on your own there.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on October 10, 2014, 08:57:26 AM

None of us sheilded a child abuser Tony.
None of us blamed the parents of the victims.
None of us hid our connection to Brendan Smyth for 13 years,
None of us inderstated our involvement when it finally did come out.

Nope I'd say you and your hero are firnly on your own there.
It's interesting to read what the new Pope has to say about  topics such as clerical child abuse and marriage breakdown.
The church has to change and he understands that. Tony doesn't.
There isn't really any point in debating with him.
The Pope is trying to move things on. He's in direct communication with God.  According to Tony.
So Tony has a logic malfunction.

T Fearon

I wholeheartedly condemn the abuse that went on and the abusers and agree with all  the reforms past and present

AhNowRef

Jesus H .... Are you for real  :o .. WTF !!!

Eamonnca1

This is officially beyond satire at this point.