Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

In 2011, down had been in an all Ireland final so the derby with Armagh was a big attraction. At present down need all the support they can get.

downjim

Bringing the Down game forward to 6pm would be perfect for everyone but the dinosaurs won't move it

thewobbler

Quote from: downjim on May 10, 2018, 12:30:54 PM
Bringing the Down game forward to 6pm would be perfect for everyone but the dinosaurs won't move it

I'd casually estimate a 7pm throw-in would keep at least 1,000 people at home to watch the first half on iPlayer, before switching over.

I'd be genuinely shocked if the Ulster Council are prepared to lose out on a hefty 5-figure sum on the gate, for the sake of an hour

ardtole

Travelling from east Down, it would probably need to be put back to 5pm. I'd guess more than 1000 would miss the game. What size of crowd are people expecting? I don't think it was ever going to sell out regardless.

outinfront

When's the Championship draws?

Targetman

Quote from: ardtole on May 10, 2018, 01:42:16 PM
Travelling from east Down, it would probably need to be put back to 5pm. I'd guess more than 1000 would miss the game. What size of crowd are people expecting? I don't think it was ever going to sell out regardless.
Be lucky to get 10,000 there!

downjim

I just hope Ulster GAA puts it back. I will be there regardless but I think it would look bad on us as a GAA county to have less than 10,000 at ahome championship match. Has the county board offered clubs a chance to take their underage teams FOC ??

charlieTully

downjim

thewobbler

Quote from: charlieTully on May 11, 2018, 10:43:21 AM
Fcuk Liverpool.

Much as id love to agree with you, only a truly mad bastard would schedule anything in Ireland directly against them playing in a Champions League final.

Ambrose

Sean og is waiting on UEFA to announce that they will move the CL Final back to it's rightful spot on a Wednesday night.

I'll be in Kiev.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

downjim

In fairness it's Ulster GAA that sets the timing but the two county boards would have a big say. Liverpool have a massive following on this Island. It would be great to see common sense prevail as them players have sacrificed so much. Sean og give our Brian a wee call

elk

Are there any new additions to the squad or are we going into the championship with the same bunch of players who got relegated?

ardtole

Quote from: downjim on May 03, 2018, 11:34:54 PM
Bad night at the office but looking forward to finishing the Bridge next week

Bridge won by 2

thebar

Quote from: ardtole on May 11, 2018, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: downjim on May 03, 2018, 11:34:54 PM
Bad night at the office but looking forward to finishing the Bridge next week

Bridge won by 2

Bridge deserving winners...Burren very average outfit now but have been for some time.