'Punch a Jew' GAA star in criminal investigation

Started by Agent Orange, August 20, 2014, 11:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: haranguerer on August 20, 2014, 01:08:17 PM
I have to say I find it a little sinister how a badly judged tweet from someone of no consequence on this issue, makes national Israeli news, and is so strongly pursued. Its like sending in an airstrike in response to someone throwing a firework
The Israelis make a point of "proving" time and again that the world is anti-Semitic and everyone hates them which is why Jews should all move there to be safe.

There is a whole industry built around it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJ2v19o46A

Sidney

Why aren't the pro-Israel posters asking "what about the anti-traveller tweets, anti-gay tweets, anti-black tweets, anti-women tweets, anti-Catholic tweets, anti-Protestant tweets, anti-Muslim tweets, anti-Jehovah's Witnesses tweets, anti-left handed people tweets?"

Why aren't pro-Israel posters asking why the media aren't highlighting these?

Why aren't they out protesting about them?

Why the selective outrage?

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on August 20, 2014, 01:22:38 PM
Why aren't the pro-Israel posters asking "what about the anti-traveller tweets, anti-gay tweets, anti-black tweets, anti-women tweets, anti-Catholic tweets, anti-Protestant tweets, anti-Muslim tweets, anti-Jehovah's Witnesses tweets, anti-left handed people tweets?"

why do you hate Israel, Sidney ? There are 22 Arab countries you could hate.
Or you could hate the Dubs. Why do you hate Israel and not the Dubs ?  Is it because Israel has more money for training ?

T Fearon

I thought Ardboe men only punched people from Coagh?

Sidney

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2014, 01:25:51 PM

Or you could hate the Dubs. Why do you hate Israel and not the Dubs ?  Is it because Israel has more money for training ?
If I hated the Dubs, I'd have to hate every other team, less I look like a hypocrite.

Of course given that I follow Dublin but don't follow every other team, I'm a hypocrite anyway.

rrhf

In a world where everything is taken literally and humour is lacking silly stupid  comments such as my guigans make news ironically it has made more headlines than some of the same publications might have used in the early days of Israeli slaughter in Palestine. Mc guigans comments are more excusable  than Israeli slaughter but still in very poor taste and show more ignorance than menace. Id have no worry that the lesson is learned here.

deiseach

All joking aside, I must confess to being shocked by this. A sensational story about a GAA star that involves someone more noteworthy than a guy who was on the Carlow minor hurling panel in 1997!

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on August 20, 2014, 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2014, 01:25:51 PM

If I hated the Dubs, I'd have to hate every other team, less I look like a hypocrite.

Of course given that I follow Dublin but don't follow every other team, I'm a hypocrite anyway.
you can be absolved by repenting in front of the Israeli embassy.

Milltown Row2

It could be any local sports star that would be criticised if they left a statement like that in FB/twitter/snapchat or whatever else is out there. Was a daft spur of the moment thing to do no doubt.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Stupid comment to make by Mc Guigan when a foreign national was punched into a fit in front of his wife and kids by a Cookstown local as a result of road rage in the town last Saturday.

quit yo jibbajabba

originally posted 29th july tony; unless you want tommy to apologise for being unable to time travel now on top of it all

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 20, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
originally posted 29th july tony; unless you want tommy to apologise for being unable to time travel now on top of it all

Ah come on now! There's no excuse in this day and age, for someone not to be able to travel through time.

seafoid

In fairness to McGuigan

-95% of Israeli Jews support the carnage
-The Jewish Chronicle was forced to refuse to carry an ad for humanitarian relief for Gaza because it would upset advertisers
-You are not allowed to criticize Israel as it is anti-Semitic to do so

And a lot of people are sickened by what Israel is doing 
He would have been better off saying "punch a Zionist"