Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on July 28, 2016, 03:34:53 PM
Where do you draw that line though in "righting" the perceived demographic wrongs of the past?

Native Americans...Palestinians... wee six Catholics... :)

Anyway, we'll not solve it here!
The lamentations of Jeremiah , about the loss  of Jerusalem, from a Judeo Christian point of view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts79MTUCOaY

Zahrat al Madaen about the loss of Jerusalem from an arab point of view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNaPFgyNkE
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on July 28, 2016, 03:34:53 PM
Where do you draw that line though in "righting" the perceived demographic wrongs of the past?

Native Americans...Palestinians... wee six Catholics... :)

Anyway, we'll not solve it here!

...Laggan Presbyterians ;) Yeah thats another point we have to consider...but even if you want to move on from the present situation forward you have to consider that the Fijians do not have an equal culture to Indians so is a level playing field fair. Sports have handicaps based on ability for example.... but where do you stop?

Anyway as you say... we'll hardly solve it and I think we have fully lapped ourselves, reason only takes you so far sometimes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2016, 07:30:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2016, 08:45:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2016, 06:36:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2016, 01:05:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2016, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2016, 10:39:37 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2016, 08:17:16 AM
Immigration is needed when the rich control most of the wealth and or when there aren't enough workers  .

Are you say that unemployment levels would need to be zero? because if we have high unemployment a need for immigration is pointless
UK growth in the last 5 years is mostly due to immigration .
If the money was spread out there would be less need for immigration

So take the money off the high earners (which they do, tax) and spread it around to people who are on minimum wage and on the dole? like equal pay for everyone? Now, where did they try that before?
In the UK/US  between 1948 and 1960 . Bonds were savaged. Growth was fabulous

So again, would you want equal pay for everyone and spread the wealth? Explain how that works
Not equal pay. But the wealth has to be spread around because otherwise we get deflation. And that destroys everything.
They broke the rich in the 50s so it  is not rocket science.

Look that Utopia will never happen, lovely in Sci-fi films and non fiction books.... Anyone that can afford an account or tax expert will look for loopholes to save them money... But keep fighting the fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thejuice

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-is-making-same-mistakes-as-germany-and-france-on-terror-34918544.html#comments

To paraphrase Christopher Hitchens, wouldn't it better to live with the regret of not letting them in rather than the regret of letting them in.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

macdanger2

Quote from: thejuice on July 28, 2016, 11:49:05 PM
http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-is-making-same-mistakes-as-germany-and-france-on-terror-34918544.html#comments

To paraphrase Christopher Hitchens, wouldn't it better to live with the regret of not letting them in rather than the regret of letting them in.

I'm sure Carson and Paisley would agree

muppet

We have to oblige by our EU commitments on immigration, or we either change the agreements or Irexit.

However, I don't understand why, for example, nearly half of our immigrants came from outside the EU last year. Why are we taking in so many? The US, Australia, Canada and a few other places where we emigrated to, I can understand. But the rest? I am not sure we need to be so open to countries that may be hostile to any western country.

It should be mentioned though, that we still have net emigration. I believe that everyone putting up borders will impede us more than it helps.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Quote from: muppet on July 29, 2016, 12:11:54 AM
However, I don't understand why, for example, nearly half of our immigrants came from outside the EU last year. Why are we taking in so many? The US, Australia, Canada and a few other places where we emigrated to, I can understand. But the rest? I am not sure we need to be so open to countries that may be hostile to any western countries

We had ~70k immigrants last year. ~44% of these were non-EU but we had.~21% non-EU emigrants so you're looking at a net total of 13,000 non-EU immigrants. A huge proportion of these are students and high skilled workers.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 29, 2016, 12:49:33 AM
However, I don't understand why, for example, nearly half of our immigrants came from outside the EU last year. Why are we taking in so many? The US, Australia, Canada and a few other places where we emigrated to, I can understand. But the rest? I am not sure we need to be so open to countries that may be hostile to any western countries

We had ~70k immigrants last year. ~44% of these were non-EU but we had.~21% non-EU emigrants so you're looking at a net total of 13,000 non-EU immigrants. A huge proportion of these are students and high skilled workers.

That's all fine, but these immigrants aren't the problem, if indeed there is one in Ireland.

Places like Australia put restrictions on immigrants such as education or qualifications. Would that be so bad here?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

We have to oblige by our EU commitments on immigration, or we either change the agreements or Irexit.

However, I don't understand why, for example, nearly half of our immigrants came from outside the EU last year. Why are we taking in so many? The US, Australia, Canada and a few other places where we emigrated to, I can understand. But the rest? I am not sure we need to be so open to countries that may be hostile to any western country.

It should be mentioned though, that we still have net emigration. I believe that everyone putting up borders will impede us more than it helps.
A lot of nurses and IT workers come from India.
For the jihadi stuff you need a Muslim precariat. Ireland's local precariat does the nihilism thing with drugs.The brutality of the drugs gangs is up.there with what IS do but the victims are typically poor so middle class people don't pay much attention.

NI doesn't need IS cos it has the paramilitary history.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

What do we reckon about the young doll looking to come home to Britain having left to join ISIS??

She was 15 at the time she left and clearly brainwashed but is that enough to allow her to come home??

Are you automatically allowed to return to the home of your birth no matter what?

Strange one. Personally if she is coming back she needs to be prosecuted but I'd be very tempted to say tough shit you made your bed now you have to live with it.

Interesting case!

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on February 14, 2019, 11:58:37 AM
What do we reckon about the young doll looking to come home to Britain having left to join ISIS??

She was 15 at the time she left and clearly brainwashed but is that enough to allow her to come home??

Are you automatically allowed to return to the home of your birth no matter what?

Strange one. Personally if she is coming back she needs to be prosecuted but I'd be very tempted to say tough shit you made your bed now you have to live with it.

Interesting case!

Syria are encouraging the Western countries these people come from to come and take their garbage home with them.

She's a UK passport holder so they can't stop her.

What they do with her when she gets there is another issue.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on February 14, 2019, 12:27:00 PM

Interesting case!

Syria are encouraging the Western countries these people come from to come and take their garbage home with them.

It's quite simple. Take the child off her and jail her.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2019, 12:50:01 PM

Interesting case!

What are you jailing her for?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2019, 12:50:01 PM

Interesting case!

Interesting view.

Denn Forever

QuoteWhat are you jailing her for?

Membership of terrorist organisation.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...