Author Topic: Irish News  (Read 17659 times)

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Irish News
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »
The Parish Priest,the fact that the Bishop has ordered an independent financial audit means that wrongdoing and whoever is responsible for it will be exposed

So the parish finance committee were removed by the very same priest they'd concerns about over a year ago.
Our Noel was a bit slow in acting was he not?

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »
These things take time.Perhaps there were and are legitimate reasons for their removal.Lets wait to hear both sides of the story,and not indulge in catholic bashing immediately upon hearing about any controversy,however hard it may be for anti Catholics to resist.The audit will tell the tale,and it is the procedures that have produced the audit.

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2016, 04:32:13 PM »
Perhaps there were and are legitimate reasons for their removal.Lets wait to hear both sides of the story,and not indulge in catholic bashing immediately upon hearing about any controversy

Now if only you took you own advice Tony.  You aren't usually so keen to waiting to hear both sides of the story, but perhaps it depends what dog you have in the particular fight.

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2016, 07:07:47 PM »
Did anyone see today's Irish News?  Pic of Dee Stitt with the caption underneath referring to him as "North Down DUP Commander"!   :)

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »
Irish news .  90p on Monday! 

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2016, 12:56:47 AM »
Interesting front page story today, Catholic Church gifted a house in Drumbo & Carryduff (outskirts of Belfast) in a person's will, reading between the lines its been sold at considerably under market value with a nod and a wink, the Parish Finance Committee were dismissed from their positions for having the temerity to ask searching questions! Go Catholic Church.
If I remember correctly an old lady in Camlough, Betsy Doyle, left a plot of land to the local community and the Parish Priest tried to sell if yo a housing developer
Careful now

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »
Interesting front page story today, Catholic Church gifted a house in Drumbo & Carryduff (outskirts of Belfast) in a person's will, reading between the lines its been sold at considerably under market value with a nod and a wink, the Parish Finance Committee were dismissed from their positions for having the temerity to ask searching questions! Go Catholic Church.
If I remember correctly an old lady in Camlough, Betsy Doyle, left a plot of land to the local community and the Parish Priest tried to sell if yo a housing developer

I heard yesterday that the priest involved has "retired".

I didn't think priests retired nowadays.

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »

I heard yesterday that the priest involved has "retired".

I didn't think priests retired nowadays.
yep hes retired ok not just the house  being sold that questions were being asked of father kelly , whole things reeks of a cover up and once again the catholic church is doing itself no favours
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:07:13 PM by Newbridge Exile »

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2016, 12:14:30 PM »
Surely if anything is left to anybody then same anybody has a right to do what he or she likes with his or her inheritance,including selling it?

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »
The  Parish finance committee was sacked  (without proper authority as  regulations state  "If a member is to be removed the Bishop should be informed and a reason given". when they began asking questions not just about the sale of the house but also about they way parish services such as building works had been " procured" . , I have seen the copy of the letter that the finance committee sent to parishioners in May this year detailing the  background  of their concerns and that Despite informing the Bishop of our concerns in July 2015, and filing a formal complaint in October 2015,they had yet to receive any assurances to several specific concerns about the financial stewardship of the Parish.,(as well as the sale of the house other specific matters raised were as to why the parish bank account was suspended in July 2015)

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
If I was a member of a committee and felt I wasn't getting the whole story,I'd be gone in a flash,without the need for a "sacking".There are two sides to every story,usually personality clashes,but if anyone,including a priest, has acted inappropriately, then they should not escape the consequences

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
So the finance committee should have resigned and walked away rather than trying to ensure sound financial stewardship of the parish was in place, yep that no doubt is what father Kelly was hoping for ,

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
Surely if the finance committee had resigned en masse,it would have drawn greater attention to their concerns.

I have seen too much dissention on practically every committee I've been involved with,usually to do with personality clashes.If they have concerns and these are not being addressed why not go to the Police?

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2016, 03:39:06 PM »
Surely if the finance committee had resigned en masse,it would have drawn greater attention to their concerns.

I have seen too much dissention on practically every committee I've been involved with,usually to do with personality clashes.If they have concerns and these are not being addressed why not go to the Police?

Yip Tony,
.   you'd do anything other than question the integrity of a man of the cloth, that goes without saying as we all know.
As for the house, it was left to the parish, not the priest, but once again the hierarchy went into cover-up mode and it was only when the stood down finance committee were forced to go public with this that the bishop bothered his arse.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2016, 03:52:18 PM »
If anyone has done anything wrong,then cloth or no cloth,they should face the consequences.Like no priest ever disagreed or failed to comply with orders from his Bishop?

None of us know any great deal of detail about this,so why speculate or assume the priest has done wrong?