Author Topic: Irish News  (Read 23108 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Irish News
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »
Who was the player? Surely he is the one who let the story out.

Winker

Heard about this the other day, crazy stuff, all of it
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2016, 08:05:46 AM »
Once again is the paper supposed to censor bad or embarrassing news?
It's not a story though
It is a story. Remember that a young lad died recently due to one of these scams. We shouldn't pretend that they don't exist.
Who it happened to (in this case) is not a story. No need to identify who it was. I was able to guess who it was ffs. I'm sure the individual involved heads wrecked enough as it is without the Irish News giving clues to his identity

How were you able to guess who it was?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2016, 08:25:11 AM »
MR2 is smart with deep intuitive powers.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »
Interesting front page story today, Catholic Church gifted a house in Drumbo & Carryduff (outskirts of Belfast) in a person's will, reading between the lines its been sold at considerably under market value with a nod and a wink, the Parish Finance Committee were dismissed from their positions for having the temerity to ask searching questions! Go Catholic Church.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »
No.Go greedy priests.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
Is greed the issue?? Corruption / Nepotism / Cronyism more likely I would have thought (& I honestly don't know the full story), if it was greed he'd surely not have undervalued it.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
Is greed the issue?? Corruption / Nepotism / Cronyism more likely I would have thought (& I honestly don't know the full story), if it was greed he'd surely not have undervalued it.

I imagine the difference in value could have been gifted to said Priest possibly??

Dubh driocht

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2016, 03:20:43 PM »
Patrick Murphy's column in today's paper should be obligatory reading for all

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
Parish Finance Committee,made up of lay people,did its job,raised concerns, informed other parishioners and as a result the Bishop has initiated a full independent audit.Congratulations Catholic Church on robust and effective procedures.Maybe the Government could follow suit.

johnneycool

« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:03 PM »
Parish Finance Committee,made up of lay people,did its job,raised concerns, informed other parishioners and as a result the Bishop has initiated a full independent audit.Congratulations Catholic Church on robust and effective procedures.Maybe the Government could follow suit.

Did the finance committee get booted out when they first raised concerns last year?

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »
They have done their job,and the independent audit will prove or disprove any irregularities.Once again anti Catholics all too quick to blame the Church without knowing any facts.Finance Committees are regularly disbanded in many organisations.Let the audit proceed and the fact that it is proceeding proves the efficacy of systems and procedures
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:29:06 PM by T Fearon »

johnneycool

« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »
They have done their job,and the independent audit will prove or disprove any irregularities.Once again anti Catholics all too quick to blame the Church without knowing any facts.Finance Committees are regularly disbanded in many organisations.Let the audit proceed and the fact that it is proceeding proves the efficacy of systems and procedures

Who disbanded them?

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2016, 10:30:59 PM »
The Parish Priest,the fact that the Bishop has ordered an independent financial audit means that wrongdoing and whoever is responsible for it will be exposed

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2016, 10:45:18 PM »
You mean the Parish Priest like

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2016, 05:29:25 AM »
If that is the case,yes,and he should face the consequences,but let's wait until the audit takes place before jumping to any conclusions.