Sports 'Calls' as our American friends call them

Started by AZOffaly, July 03, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Came across this site searching for something about Joe Frazier, and there's some class calls in here. It covers things like Secretariat winning the triple crown, Maradona's goal v England in 86, the good goal :),  A hobbling Kirk Gibson with his home run into the evening in 1988, Foreman's knockdowns of Frazier (hence the find), The Stanford Band on the field etc. Great stuff.

I always like Michael O'Hehir's comment in 1982. "Is there a goal in this game?" just before Offaly find Seamus Darby with a pinpoint ball that Tommy Doyle unfortunately misjudged :D

Windmill abu

Never underestimate the power of complaining

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2014, 04:17:30 PM
Maradona's goal v England in 86, the good goal :)

I thought the one where he dribbled past practically the entire English team was nearly as good.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mike Sheehy

I always like Michael O'Hehir's comment in 1982. "Is there a push-in-the-back in this game?" just before Offaly find Seamus Darby with a pinpoint ball that Tommy Doyle unfortunately misjudged :D

I just corrected a minor mistake there.

Boycey

I've always loved Harry Carpenters calling of one of the biggest events in sporting history... You could tell the regard he had for Ali and the almost feel the shockwaves it sent around the world. There was genuine fear that Foreman could maim or kill Ali in the ring.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZjyWvQmiY

5 Sams

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2014, 05:29:35 PM
Maradona's goal v England in 86, the good goal :)

I thought the one where he dribbled past practically the entire English team was nearly as good.
;D ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

ludermor

Mayo4Sam

"Packie Bonner hasn't conceded in 700 minutes, oh Danger here...."
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me