AFL Season 2014

Started by Aerlik, March 06, 2014, 04:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

As per usual not much to add to Aerlik's summary. The Hawks were simply stunning. The  old guard of Lewis, Mitchell, lake and Hodge dominated and the young bucks up front ran riot. Mitchell is a magician with the ball in hand.

Buddy had a great game but the swans midfield simply couldn't cope.

Season over and the missus will be delighted that our set top box will have a lot more memory now on a Sunday evening! Roll on 2015

AlriteHorse

B(l)uddy Hell! I'm assuming it was as bad as what the highlights showed. Glad I didn't get to see it now! (Was in China then straight to Port Hedland for a few days.) Seen some of the highlights which was pretty much all Hawthorn goals. I can't really comment on what went wrong but it looks like the Hawks had their homework done.

Not the best ending to the year but at least the Grand Final experience will bring a few of the younger boys on. No official announcement yet but I'm hoping Goodes hangs around for another year even if it is just for some cameos.
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

Club Rossa

An awesome display from the Hawks on Saturday,they were dominant all over the park.That 5 goal burst at the start of the 2nd quarter was as good as you will see.
Was good to see the mutual respect between Buddy and Hodge during the game.Hodge even planted a cheeky kiss on him lol.

TabClear

Just to bump the thread back up. Young McKenna from Tyrone to the bombers on a rookie contract.

In the trade period a couple of big moves on the last day. Griffen from the Dogs to GWS with former No 1 pick Boyd going the other way.

Paddy ryder  has went to Port Adelaide. Dayne Beams to Brisbane could be interesting. I fancy the / lion's to give it a good rattle next year.

Aerlik

All is not well at Essendon, so I'm not sure how the players will take the news that they are to be exposed for the drugs scandal.  Several big names have moved on, including Ryder.  Wish he'd have come home to Perth though!

Sean Hurley from Kildare has signed on for Fremantle.  They are impressed with him.  Now if we could get him to kick the Sherrin straight, we might be heading over to the MCG on the big day again soon enough, but not next year I regret to admit.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!