Philip Seymour Hoffman dies

Started by Zulu, February 02, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold tea

Quote from: easytiger95 on February 03, 2014, 12:39:36 PM
What it proves Cold Tea, is that you are a moron that can't read. To define that as a list of "celebs" just proves you should go back to the Daily Mail.com with the rest of the trolls. What is Bieber up to today, I wonder?

As for my original point, creativity and addiction are often intertwined - which they are, as people who are fairly high up the creative genius curve tend to have characteristics that can make them predisposed to addiction - that doesn't mean that they will become addicted, it also doesn't mean that their creative output is enhanced by their addictions.

You're right Milltown, but again that is because of enviromental factors that can leave people exposed/ predisposed to addiction e.g. if you're living in a block of flats where heroin is easily available, you're unemployed, under pressure, these can all be factors - but it doesn't mean you certainly will, and most people don't. What differeniates those who do and those who don't is the nature,soul and personal circumstances of the person, something none of us can fully claim to know. Which is what I was saying in response to people dancing a jig on a man's grave.

Ill read all the evidence you have on this, you can post it here, at least it rules you as you are obviously brain dead.

trileacman

Quote from: Cold tea on February 03, 2014, 12:48:43 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on February 03, 2014, 12:39:36 PM
What it proves Cold Tea, is that you are a moron that can't read. To define that as a list of "celebs" just proves you should go back to the Daily Mail.com with the rest of the trolls. What is Bieber up to today, I wonder?

As for my original point, creativity and addiction are often intertwined - which they are, as people who are fairly high up the creative genius curve tend to have characteristics that can make them predisposed to addiction - that doesn't mean that they will become addicted, it also doesn't mean that their creative output is enhanced by their addictions.

You're right Milltown, but again that is because of enviromental factors that can leave people exposed/ predisposed to addiction e.g. if you're living in a block of flats where heroin is easily available, you're unemployed, under pressure, these can all be factors - but it doesn't mean you certainly will, and most people don't. What differeniates those who do and those who don't is the nature,soul and personal circumstances of the person, something none of us can fully claim to know. Which is what I was saying in response to people dancing a jig on a man's grave.

Ill read all the evidence you have on this, you can post it here, at least it rules you as you are obviously brain dead.

Sure only the rich pay for drugs and sex, or so you say. Them junkies off O'Connell street are f**king millionaires sure. And all the hookers shooting up are f**king loaded too.

Show us some evidence that "only the rich pay for drugs and sex" there and be a big man, since you're demanding evidence from every else.  ::)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

easytiger95

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-a-link-between-creativity-and-addiction/

Fairly good over view there, and a nice distinction made - it's not creativity and addiction that are linked, it is the characteristics that are prerequisites for creativity that are linked with addiction.

Hope that is clear enough for you. You might need to get someone to read it to you.

CD

Quote from: lawnseed on February 03, 2014, 09:52:34 AM
So I guess we'll 'sey no more hoffhim'  he was supposed to pick up his kids instead he was doing drugs. Kids money and a brillant career still wasnt enough. Hard to get too upset over this..

I'm with you on this one. I can imagine the whole 'poor twisted soul using drugs to help him cope, He's the victim etc etc rubbish that the Hollywood press will doubtless peddle. (see River Phoenix and Heath Ledger). Going to get some mileage out of this pre Oscars. Great actor, feel fantastically sad for his youngsters.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Jonah

I was wondering when someone would roll out the tortured genius line  ::)
As if somehow this druggie was better than some unemployed dead beat druggie because he was a good actor and therefore deserves our sympathy and how sad it is he is gone because the world has lost should a wonderful talent.
Give me a break ffs. A druggie is a druggie end of.

J OGorman

Quote from: Jonah on February 03, 2014, 01:13:56 PM
I was wondering when someone would roll out the tortured genius line  ::)
As if somehow this druggie was better than some unemployed dead beat druggie because he was a good actor and therefore deserves our sympathy and how sad it is he is gone because the world has lost should a wonderful talent.
Give me a break ffs. A druggie is a druggie end of.

an angry troll is an angry troll is an angry troll....the likes of yourself and cold tea, what goes through you boys heads to continuously rant and get angry and whip out the wee eyes to heaven emoticon? Surely life has more to offer than using a gaa forum as your anger / bitter outlet?

bennydorano

Cretins abound.

Rip to a fine actor.

easytiger95

A man is a man, end of, whether famous or not. He deserves as much sympathy as any other person to lose their lives in terrible circumstances. You and your alter ego are the ones suggesting he deserves as little sympathy as a "druggie", whatever that may be.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16715.Men_and_Cartoons

Try "The Dystopianist" - essential reading for WUMs  8)

trueblue1234

For me, anyone dying from Drug abuse is sad, especially when children are involved. Doesn't matter if they're a homeless person of the streets or a hollywood actor. Drugs claiming another life is sad. It's just in most cases it's a stat, and there's very little connection to the person. When someone famous dies, it puts a face to it and can make it  bit more identifiable. That doesn't mean that we don't feel pity for the unknown homeless person as well, as I said, any loss of life to drugs is sad. But when it's someone famous there's more opportunity to make comment on it. Attacking someone for feeling sorry for a death even by a selfish act is pretty pathetic if you ask me. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Cold tea

Quote from: bennydorano on February 03, 2014, 01:23:01 PM
Cretins abound.

Rip to a fine actor.

So if everyone doesn't buy into the whole out pouring of emotion for a famous drug user's death, they are cretin, dry you eyes ffs.  It's sad the man is dead for his family and friends but he's gone, and this bullshit that because he was creative he was almost destined for addiction is bollocks.  Although according to easytiger there has been less than 20 creative people throughout history!

easytiger95

Yeah that is exactly what I said - well done. Tell me, anymore word on Bieber today? Or Niall Horan?

Midterms coming up soon.

EC Unique

Bit sad the way this thread has gone but typical of the GAABoard this last while.

RIP to the man.

Zulu

Lads don't mind these fools. It's one thing being anti drugs but to use a thread which simply expresses sympathy for a man's death to preach is beyond pathetic. It's been pointed out repeatedly that these threads are started only because we know these people in some way, not because their lives are more important than anyone else's but any sane person would understand that already.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on February 03, 2014, 01:46:17 PM
Bit sad the way this thread has gone but typical of the GAABoard this last while.

RIP to the man.
Has always been this way since I joined (not linked  ;D) and not exclusive to the gaaboard. Some boys could start a fight in a phonebox.

CD

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 03, 2014, 04:45:58 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 03, 2014, 01:46:17 PM

RIP to the man.
Has always been this way since I joined (not linked  ;D) and not exclusive to the gaaboard. Some boys could start a fight in a phonebox.

I once saw two fellas fighting in a phonebox. it was hilarious!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!