The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lads, I meant to ask, who was it that went to tackle the last pass there, forcing the forward pass? That's the winning of the game right there. I nearly puked when Rob Kearney kicked the ball nearly behind him after the French missed touch. Then I cheered when we won the scrum. Then I think I did puke when we lost it against the head.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2014, 03:26:07 PM
Lads, I meant to ask, who was it that went to tackle the last pass there, forcing the forward pass? That's the winning of the game right there. I nearly puked when Rob Kearney kicked the ball nearly behind him after the French missed touch. Then I cheered when we won the scrum. Then I think I did puke when we lost it against the head.

Think it was BOD that rushed in to force the forward pass!!

Ian Henderson made the choke tackle following the scrum we lost!

AZOffaly

Was it O'Driscoll. If it was fair fecking play to him for still going at that stage. I couldn't believe Kearney's kick or the lost scrum. They were channeling poor Paddy Wallace at that stage.

edit.. Just watched a clip on t'internet there. It wasn't BOD actually, it was Dave Kearney.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2014, 03:33:34 PM
Was it O'Driscoll. If it was fair fecking play to him for still going at that stage. I couldn't believe Kearney's kick or the lost scrum. They were channeling poor Paddy Wallace at that stage.

edit.. Just watched a clip on t'internet there. It wasn't BOD actually, it was Dave Kearney.

Fair play....takes balls to rush in like that. Proved to be the right call.

muppet

L'Equipe's team of the 6N.

Fair pay to Tommy O'Donnell, and out of position at that.

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Who could have imagined three years ago that the entire front row of the Irish team would be making team of the tournament lists. Apart from losing that last scrum against the head our set plays were a thing of beauty this season.

Main Street

Bastareaud makes it onto 'our team'.
He's our bastárd now.

trileacman

I can't believe they've picked our entire front row, although I'd question the inclusion of Ross. Best has improved his line-out game to the point where he is the hooker he had the potential to be. His lineout game was his weak link, especially high pressure throws in the last 5 metres and the last 10 minutes. He's now a decent ground hog and a reliable thrower.

Fair fucks to Tommy O'Donnell, didn't get the game time his persona deserved but obviously his reputation preceeded him!  ;)

Healy is a solid loosehead and aggressive in the open. I'd have picked Dan Cole's replacement at England or Adam Jones who had a couple of fine games in the face of Welsh defeats.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on March 19, 2014, 07:51:18 PM
I can't believe they've picked our entire front row, although I'd question the inclusion of Ross. Best has improved his line-out game to the point where he is the hooker he had the potential to be. His lineout game was his weak link, especially high pressure throws in the last 5 metres and the last 10 minutes. He's now a decent ground hog and a reliable thrower.

Fair f**ks to Tommy O'Donnell, didn't get the game time his persona deserved but obviously his reputation preceeded him!  ;)

Healy is a solid loosehead and aggressive in the open. I'd have picked Dan Cole's replacement at England or Adam Jones who had a couple of fine games in the face of Welsh defeats.

It is some turnaround to have a foreign publication pick our entire front row for honours. But it was the best unit certainly.

Think scrum, line-out and maul and they had a great Championship.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

Fair f**ks to Tommy O'Donnell, didn't get the game time his persona deserved but obviously his reputation preceeded him!  ;)

It is some turnaround to have a foreign publication pick our entire front row for honours. But it was the best unit certainly.

Perhaps the best unit, but that doesn't make it the 3 best individuals. Englands front row are world class but that train wreck called Hartley just bombs them. Anyway it's all just media fawning, match performances are the real deal.

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on March 19, 2014, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

Perhaps the best unit, but that doesn't make it the 3 best individuals. Englands front row are world class but that train wreck called Hartley just bombs them. Anyway it's all just media fawning, match performances are the real deal.

Why do they keep picking him?
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

His play outside the moments of madness is generally of a good standard. Plus the brits put it all down to the old "bulldog" character and lap that shite up. For the most parts the pundits seem oblivious to his discrepancies, often stating "that was a bad penalty for England to concede" or sometimes just ignoring it completely.

I suppose for years we let DOC off with it because in general they're both honest enough players (just stupid as f**k).

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: trileacman on March 19, 2014, 11:19:51 PM
His play outside the moments of madness is generally of a good standard. Plus the brits put it all down to the old "bulldog" character and lap that shite up. For the most parts the pundits seem oblivious to his discrepancies, often stating "that was a bad penalty for England to concede" or sometimes just ignoring it completely.

I suppose for years we let DOC off with it because in general they're both honest enough players (just stupid as f**k).

I watched the England Italy game there the other day and Italy gave away a penalty in opposition territory - the BBC commentator (Setanta get their feed from the Beeb) said something like "the penalties racking up now for Italy" and they showed the graphic at the bottom of the screen Penalties conceded England 4, Italy 3.
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnneycool

Quote from: trileacman on March 19, 2014, 11:19:51 PM

Is Hartley not a Kiwi?