Boxing Day

Started by Eamonnca1, December 26, 2013, 11:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

And what are youse doing driving on the left and speaking English? Did you tune in for the Queen's Christmas Speech while you were at it?

5 Sams

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 29, 2013, 09:32:01 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 28, 2013, 11:07:59 PM
By the way what is all this craic with "we" for small, are ye all from Ayrshire or Dumfries?

It's wee, not we.

My only problem is its overuse. "Do you want a wee bag?" says the girl on the checkout. I started talking to her about how everything was "wee" these days. She says "Here's your big change."

Full conversation in Dunnes a week ago. "Ny. That's 12 99. Do you want a wee beg. Put your wee cyard in there. Ny. Put in your wee PIN. There's your wee cyard and your wee receipt."
The Aristocrat Years

Minder

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 29, 2013, 10:05:51 PM
By the way what is all this craic with "we" for small, are ye all from Ayrshire or Dumfries?

It's wee, not we.

My only problem is its overuse. "Do you want a wee bag?" says the girl on the checkout. I started talking to her about how everything was "wee" these days. She says "Here's your big change."

Full conversation in Dunnes a week ago. "Ny. That's 12 99. Do you want a wee beg. Put your wee cyard in there. Ny. Put in your wee PIN. There's your wee cyard and your wee receipt."

I was in Next in Belfast City Centre and a young fella on the till was exactly the same, "do you want a wee bag, put your wee pin in, there's your wee receipt".

f**king numpty.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 29, 2013, 09:34:12 PM
And what are youse doing driving on the left and speaking English? Did you tune in for the Queen's Christmas Speech while you were at it?

Well that's because you lunatics are already dangerous enough on our autobahns when ye come off those old decrepit queen's highways when you cross the border into our liberal democratic republic.

We speak Hiberno-English as opposed to that Mid-Ulster and Ulster Scots Twaddle ye lot propagate.

I hear there was another Grimaldi born there recently, good Mayo stock that family.

Give me Bosco, Pennys and real Tayto any days.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Minder on December 29, 2013, 10:21:50 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on December 29, 2013, 10:05:51 PM

It's wee, not we.

I was in Next in Belfast City Centre and a young fella on the till was exactly the same, "do you want a wee bag, put your wee pin in, there's your wee receipt".

f**king numpty.

That's a terrible sitch-Uuu-Aaa-shuun

laoislad

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 29, 2013, 11:18:52 PM

Well that's because you lunatics are already dangerous enough on our autobahns when ye come off those old decrepit queen's highways when you cross the border into our liberal democratic republic.

Fuckin animals the lot of them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on December 29, 2013, 11:26:32 PM
Suppose it's like adding ín to the end of every feckin wordín.

Don't you think your being a bitin harsh there  :(

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: laoislad on December 29, 2013, 11:27:49 PM

Fuckin animals the lot of them.

They make Kerry folk look like fierce socialites.

Eamonnca1

Don't worry about us. We can handle ourselves on motorways, we've had them since the 60s and we're used to them. That's why we don't have the problem of oul dolls from the country in Honda Civics driving into the exits and ending up going the wrong way, so we don't need to put signs up facing the wrong direction saying "Danger! Turn back!"

But I'm glad you've finally joined the civilized world in having motorways. Took you long enough, but you got there in the end.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 30, 2013, 01:56:21 AM

Don't worry about us. We can handle ourselves on motorways, we've had them since the 60s and we're used to them. That's why we don't have the problem of oul dolls from the country in Honda Civics driving into the exits and ending up going the wrong way, so we don't need to put signs up facing the wrong direction saying "Danger! Turn back!"

But I'm glad you've finally joined the civilized world in having motorways. Took you long enough, but you got there in the end.

;D Now who is taking the bait  ;)

armaghniac

If motorways are civilisation then no wonder you went to California!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 30, 2013, 01:56:21 AM

I thought the motorways up north were for the use of protestants. They seem to be concentrated in unionist areas. They never bothered building one to Derry . I wonder why.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Any plans for Boxing Day the year then? As I said before when talking about Boxing Day, Boxing Day's one of my favourite days of the year. There's something relaxed about Boxing Day, like a day you can lie about and not do an awful lot.

seafoid

It is a day for ould lads falling asleep in front of the telly while the racing is on and others getting sick of the sight of chocolate. If you call it Boxing day what sort of accent would you use ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

5 Sams

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 26, 2014, 08:39:39 AM
Any plans for Boxing Day the year then? As I said before when talking about Boxing Day, Boxing Day's one of my favourite days of the year. There's something relaxed about Boxing Day, like a day you can lie about and not do an awful lot.

It's the Wren's (prounounced "rans")Day where I am...best day of the year by far.
The Aristocrat Years