Woolwich Islamic Terrorist Attack

Started by Aaron Boone, May 22, 2013, 09:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: theskull1 on May 23, 2013, 05:07:34 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 23, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

Quote from: The Iceman on May 22, 2013, 11:12:41 PM

To murder a random stranger in cold blood hacking off his body parts and then speak calmly to bystanders would be clean nuts in my book.....

Feck me can I not even express my opinion on something....

So the movers and shakers who inflict the same fate on countless thousands at arms length from a desk are what??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CQ_1GWn4w
I believe to be able to butcher someone on the street, have their blood dripping off your hands and be calmly talking to the public and the media shortly thereafter would indicate some level of insanity or pure evil. I am not saying someone who commits a horrific crime like that should receive lesser punishment on grounds of insanity but I don't believe a "normal" human being has the capacity to do what those guys did, whether it was to a random stranger or not.....

I haven't thought much about the people who make the arms length decisions. I can imagine they have great responsibility weighing down on them and suffer afterwards from regret or remorse for the atrocities. I can imagine too they would try to offset this through some sense (be it false or not) of having done it for the greater good.

Personally I am not equipped to kill en masse as these politicians and "movers and shakers" are. Nor am I equipped to carry out those orders and kill people and write it off as "just doing my job".
Thankfully and unfortunately there are people in this world who can make decisions and others who can carry them out.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

seafoid

The war on terror is pointless. RIP that squaddie and everyone killed in afghanistan this week.

Rossfan

Quote from: Count 10 on May 23, 2013, 06:31:45 PM
Britain is reaping what it has sown....far too liberal in who it allows into the country.....and then look at the saga of Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza......all paid for by the tax payer....you couldn't make it up! Hundreds of years of plundering, murdering, oppressing etc in other peoples' countries
Straightened that out for you  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: theticklemister on May 23, 2013, 12:27:18 PM
The man with the cleaver knows who he is attacking as he was face to face.

The man in the apache helicopter is pressing a button that will release 400 rounds a minute into a building full of people. He doesnt know his target.
End result is the same - someone or many dead and mutilated.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: The Iceman on May 23, 2013, 07:20:46 PM

To murder a random stranger in cold blood hacking off his body parts and then speak calmly to bystanders would be clean nuts in my book.....

So the movers and shakers who inflict the same fate on countless thousands at arms length from a desk are what??????

I believe to be able to butcher someone on the street, have their blood dripping off your hands and be calmly talking to the public and the media shortly thereafter would indicate some level of insanity or pure evil. I am not saying someone who commits a horrific crime like that should receive lesser punishment on grounds of insanity but I don't believe a "normal" human being has the capacity to do what those guys did, whether it was to a random stranger or not.....

I haven't thought much about the people who make the arms length decisions. I can imagine they have great responsibility weighing down on them and suffer afterwards from regret or remorse for the atrocities. I can imagine too they would try to offset this through some sense (be it false or not) of having done it for the greater good.

Personally I am not equipped to kill en masse as these politicians and "movers and shakers" are. Nor am I equipped to carry out those orders and kill people and write it off as "just doing my job".
Thankfully and unfortunately there are people in this world who can make decisions and others who can carry them out.
You'd be surprised what 'normal' human beings can do. Butcher someone on a London street, walk out of a bar leaving a bomb under the table, shoot someone in front of their children...

The thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is the fact that unarmed police had to wait at the bottom of the street for the peelers with the guns to arrive. What if the two murderers had started on someone else, what would they have done? Would they have been expected to tackle two armed men with only truncheons to protect themselves and the public? Time the British police moved with the times and carried side arms as a matter of course.

Hardy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 23, 2013, 11:14:15 PM

You'd be surprised what 'normal' human beings can do. Butcher someone on a London street, walk out of a bar leaving a bomb under the table, shoot someone in front of their children...

The thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is the fact that unarmed police had to wait at the bottom of the street for the peelers with the guns to arrive. What if the two murderers had started on someone else, what would they have done? Would they have been expected to tackle two armed men with only truncheons to protect themselves and the public? Time the British police moved with the times and carried side arms as a matter of course.

Yes, because that works so well in the USA.

thejuice

Allow me if you will to state my dire and depressing synopsis of what we saw yesterday and matters relating to it.

In recent years especially post 9/11 in multicultural England towns with large Muslim communities have seen the slow entrenching and segregation of cultural and religious groups. One in particular being Luton. This town by no coincidence has spawned both radical islamist groups and the EDL. Coupling multicultural society with post-colonialism and the wests insatiable need for oil it is inevitable that there would be conflict abroad and resentment at home.

One gets the sense that the decent into sectarian violence almost on a level with that of the troubles is not all that far away. The economic depression in Europe is starting to put a strain on community relations and given that loyalty to a state is usually low within immigrant communities and particularly those from very different cultural backgrounds and possibly coming from the poorer side of history, it should not surprise us to see rioting and other outbursts against states they may feel they owe nothing to. See Stockholm.

Only a few weeks ago a group of young muslim men were arrested for planning a terrorist attack. Their target was an EDL march.  While we may revile the EDL, they did not fall out of a tree and they do have the right to march and protest within certain limits. We can only imagine what the reprisals may have been for a successful attack on this march. You get the feeling that tit-for-tat violence may spiral out of control and who knows where that may lead.

Also recent events and challenges to traditions has brought thinkers on the right to start calling into question what is happening to European society. They have accused liberalism of having lead us into being unable to define ourselves and defend ourselves. Last week in what some thought was an act against gay marriage, Dominique Venner placed an envelope on the altar at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris. He then shot himself in the head in front of startled tourists. Venner was, as he wrote in his letter, for a common, greater good removing his own life, hoping younger men will be inspired to reverse Europe's decline and secure its destiny. Venner hoped, and we may yet see, that right wing opposition may take radical action in future to achieve this. Of course Brevik got there first.

We supposedly live in an age of tolerance. But tolerance is a dangerous word, for what does it really mean. That we do not love but merely put up with that which we'd rather not have in our midst. So now we lie with the strangest of bedfellows, I hate to be so pessimistic but we may find that tolerance has its limits and the multicultural ideology while it seemed like a nice idea back in the 1960's may not be worth all the trouble.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

whitey

The responses here are just so predictable.   The big bad Brits and Yanks invading other countries only have themselves to blame, blah, blah, blah.  You guys are a frickin joke

Botton line is these animals are looking for a reason to be offended.

Anyone remember the affront that precipitated the 9/11 attacks-US Military presence in Saudi Arabia.

How convenient is it for them to forget that the US were only invited in by the Saudis who were afraid Sadam was going to Annex them after he was done in Kuwait.

The US faced down the Nazis, it faced down the Japs, it faced down Communism and it sure as hell isn't going to be dictated to by a monkey religion.

stew

Quote from: Hardy on May 24, 2013, 12:35:45 AM

Right, lets arm the bobbies with lollipops ffs, I despise this kind of stupidity, i would rather these two cnuts were shot in the head and killed before one more civilian got chopped to pieces, some of you lads on here need to catch yourselves on for the love of pete!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2013, 05:03:18 AM

Right, lets arm the bobbies with lollipops ffs, I despise this kind of stupidity, i would rather these two cnuts were shot in the head and killed before one more civilian got chopped to pieces, some of you lads on here need to catch yourselves on for the love of pete!

Trying to legislate for madness is a quick way to dangerous laws. Just because someone doesn't' agree with you doesn't mean you should throw your toys out of the pram and blame everyone else for being 'wrong'.

stew

Quote from: whitey on May 24, 2013, 03:05:52 AM
The responses here are just so predictable.   The big bad Brits and Yanks invading other countries only have themselves to blame, blah, blah, blah.  You guys are a frickin joke

Anyone remember the affront that precipitated the 9/11 attacks-US Military presence in Saudi Arabia.

How convenient is it for them to forget that the US were only invited in by the Saudis who were afraid Sadam was going to Annex them after he was done in Kuwait.

The US faced down the Nazis, it faced down the Japs, it faced down Communism and it sure as hell isn't going to be dictated to by a monkey religion.

dang whitey, i think i want to have your babbies!  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Myles Na G.

It works well enough in most European countries - why focus on the USA?

Count 10

Ah the paddy turned yank....watch those pom-poms don't get wet ;D
How convenient to forget about Saudi oil, Saudi investments on Wall St, Saudi purchase of arms etc....it's the "monkey" religion keeping you lot afloat.

theticklemister

From sea to shining sea..............

Fair play to the old Americans.

The best bunch of lads ye could wish to meet.