Woolwich Islamic Terrorist Attack

Started by Aaron Boone, May 22, 2013, 09:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone exile

Don't understand why this is being described as a terrorist attack. A 75 year old Muslim grandfather was murdered at the start of the month in Birmingham on his way home from prayers. He was not robbed, but stabbed in the back so viciously that the wounds penetrated his chest. This was rightly described as a racist attack. I fail to see the difference between these two attacks, just because the perpetrators were Muslim and shouting allahu akbar, instead of some far right wing rhetoric! The media, and subsequently the government description that this was a terrorist attack does nothing but scaremonger the average citizen and gives ammunition to these far right wing groups such as the EDL and the BNP!

All of a Sludden

Dead muslims don't make good headlines.  :(
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

rosnarun

country at war ,Soldier dies

no story, move on
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyrone exile on May 23, 2013, 12:33:20 PM
Don't understand why this is being described as a terrorist attack. A 75 year old Muslim grandfather was murdered at the start of the month in Birmingham on his way home from prayers. He was not robbed, but stabbed in the back so viciously that the wounds penetrated his chest. This was rightly described as a racist attack. I fail to see the difference between these two attacks, just because the perpetrators were Muslim and shouting allahu akbar, instead of some far right wing rhetoric! The media, and subsequently the government description that this was a terrorist attack does nothing but scaremonger the average citizen and gives ammunition to these far right wing groups such as the EDL and the BNP!

Indeed - when does a murder become a terrorist attack?

I found it interesting that in his rant to the camera he referred to the British soldiers as our troops. Clearly mixing up where he was from.
That was never a square ball!!

Count 10

They should have listened to Enoch Powell!

dillinger

Quote from: tyrone exile on May 23, 2013, 12:33:20 PM
Police said it may have been a racist attack. I expect to hear it wasn't.
They have CCTV footage and if it was a white attacker i am sure they would have said by now.

Of course if it had been a 75 year old white Grandfather stabbed no mention would have been made of a possible racist attack. Even if the attacker was non-white.

naka

The Iceman

Quote from: haranguerer on May 23, 2013, 08:27:43 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 22, 2013, 11:12:41 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 22, 2013, 11:02:04 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 22, 2013, 10:16:09 PM
Seen some video's from ITN. Shocking - the guys who did it are clean nuts. Calmly talking to the camera, apologizing that women in the vicinity had to witness it....

So not at all nuts then
To murder a random stranger in cold blood hacking off his body parts and then speak calmly to bystanders would be clean nuts in my book.....

Just because some people place a lower value on life than you do, and are more willing to take it, does not make them nuts. Not does it make them nuts that they chose to do it by hacking at someone. They wanted to make a statement, and shock is the most effective tool of doing so. They knew what they were doing, and I for one would feel that out of the many murders committed annually, this is one where a plea for insanity would have no grounds whatsoever.

Oh, and it wasn't a random stranger-they knew what they were doing.
Feck me can I not even express my opinion on something....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

thejuice

QuoteFeck me can I not even express my opinion on something....

.......on a discussion forum without it being discussed, please?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

theskull1

Quote from: The Iceman on May 23, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

Quote from: The Iceman on May 22, 2013, 11:12:41 PM

To murder a random stranger in cold blood hacking off his body parts and then speak calmly to bystanders would be clean nuts in my book.....

Feck me can I not even express my opinion on something....

So the movers and shakers who inflict the same fate on countless thousands at arms length from a desk are what??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CQ_1GWn4w

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

red hander

Quote from: theticklemister on May 23, 2013, 12:27:18 PM
The man with the cleaver knows who he is attacking as he was face to face.

The man in the apache helicopter is pressing a button that will release 400 rounds a minute into a building full of people. He doesnt know his target.

+1
Awful incident yesterday, but these awful incidents are happening every day in Afghanistan, and have been perpetrated, by his own admission, by Harry Hewitt of Buckingham Palace, London

As for Boris Johnson, every time he opens his mouth just reiterates what an out-of-touch buffoon he is

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2013, 11:58:13 AM
Yes the incident yesterday was completely abhorrent but equally the tirade of racism pouring out on Facebook and Twitter is equally abhorrent.

Why must uninformed people feel the need to comment on things unnecessarily. It was a horrible crime and the perpetrators and anyone they are allied to should be brought to justice. Why people feel the need to say all blacks, pakistani's, muslims should all be put to death is beyond me!
That was my first thought when I saw the Gaaboard thread title "Woolwich Islamic Terrorist Attack". Some people are suckers for cheap propaganda. Perhaps the British Army blowing someone to smithereens in Afghanistan or Iraq is regarded as a humane christian act and long may it continue 'til the last drop of oil is safe.

give her dixie

You would never imagine a British soldier beheading someone and pose for a photo...........................

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

haranguerer

Imo it's only the method of the attack that is actually causing so many issues. Had that soldier been shot, and the perpetrators fucked off, there would be parallels drawn so close as to make people think more carefully about the circumstances and causes.

Those guys believe strongly in their cause. Some of us may have some sympathy for their cause. But given its unlikely many agree with what they did, I wonder where people think they went wrong- in killing a soldier, or doing it in such a bloody way?

Just food for thought. There's always a tendency to distance people who do stuff like this by saying they're nuts, or psychos, or brainwashed, or just different fundamentally in some way from each of us, because it makes us feel better about ourselves, and  safer too, when in actual fact, there's little difference, and in particular members of 'terrorist' organisations have found to be very stable individuals.

Count 10

Britain is reaping what it has sown....far too liberal in who it allows into the country.....and then look at the saga of Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza......all paid for by the tax payer....you couldn't make it up!