Natural Disasters

Started by 5 Sams, May 20, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Just watching the devastation in Oklahoma...how lucky are we in Ireland that we don't get wrecked by tsunamis, tornadoes, twisters, hurricanes, etc, etc.

The Aristocrat Years

Aristo 60

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 20, 2013, 09:54:15 PM
Just watching the devastation in Oklahoma...how lucky are we in Ireland that we don't get wrecked by tsunamis, tornadoes, twisters, hurricanes, etc, etc.

There was a twister named Dunne in Breffni yesterday and you might have been as happy to see him as me!

Back on topic, as a child I was a bit miffed we didn't have an odd spewing volcano or few fault lines somewhere on our green isle but I now concur we are lucky.

The Iceman

Definitely lucky to not have to deal with it. Nearly every part of america seems to have one disaster or another. In NJ we had that earthquake and some hurricanes. Out in WA now we have one of the largest active volcanoes a couple of hours away..... San Francisco has the gays and Eamonn and Nevada has eathquakes and Puck..... Natural disasters....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

theticklemister

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

do you ever go outside? theres the first part of a famine going on right outside your door. we are the top grass growing country on the planet and we are hauling in hay and straw from france.. most of last years spuds werent dug and are being plowed into the ground. i think i heard there were some sheep killed by snowfall in county down.. isnt that near you or was that the other county down ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Aristo 60

Quote from: lawnseed on May 20, 2013, 10:24:37 PM
do you ever go outside? theres the first part of a famine going on right outside your door. we are the top grass growing country on the planet and we are hauling in hay and straw from france.. most of last years spuds werent dug and are being plowed into the ground. i think i heard there were some sheep killed by snowfall in county down.. isnt that near you or was that the other county down ::)

I think the point is that there is huge risk to human life with the natural disasters mentioned by 5sams. No such risk from the poor grass growth, spud problem or the sheep/snow events we had in Down. To say we have the first part of a famine now is a bit of an insult to the famine itself.

theticklemister

Ill correct ye there, neither were / are a famine

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on May 20, 2013, 10:15:26 PM
Definitely lucky to not have to deal with it. Nearly every part of america seems to have one disaster or another. In NJ we had that earthquake and some hurricanes. Out in WA now we have one of the largest active volcanoes a couple of hours away..... San Francisco has the gays and Eamonn and Nevada has eathquakes and Puck..... Natural disasters....

Hilarious.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 20, 2013, 10:29:59 PM

I think the point is that there is huge risk to human life with the natural disasters mentioned by 5sams. No such risk from the poor grass growth, spud problem or the sheep/snow events we had in Down. To say we have the first part of a famine now is a bit of an insult to the famine itself.
what??? an insult to the famine you say?? didnt you read my post? half of last years spuds were lost!! vets are flat out putting malnorished cattle out of their misery farmers are topping themselves.. mooooohh!! dont you watch the news? the farmers union in the south estimate the cost of the poor weather to be a billion euro!!! mooooohhh!!! and want simon coveney to apply for european funding.. mooooohhhh DISASTER FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT INSULTING ENOUGH FOR YOU?????????????  the secrets in the name disaster etc

Aristo 60

Quote from: lawnseed on May 20, 2013, 10:44:20 PM

what??? an insult to the famine you say?? didnt you read my post? half of last years spuds were lost!! vets are flat out putting malnorished cattle out of their misery farmers are topping themselves.. mooooohh!! dont you watch the news? the farmers union in the south estimate the cost of the poor weather to be a billion euro!!! mooooohhh!!! and want simon coveney to apply for european funding.. mooooohhhh DISASTER FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT INSULTING ENOUGH FOR YOU?????????????  the secrets in the name disaster etc

I do watch, listen and read the news and I'm fairly sure the people in Oklahoma who are watching, listening and reading their news tonight haven't heard much about Ireland's spuds in the last month or two. But I'm only guessing...

lawnseed

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 20, 2013, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 20, 2013, 10:44:20 PM
do you ever go outside? theres the first part of a famine going on right outside your door. we are the top grass growing country on the planet and we are hauling in hay and straw from France.. most of last years spuds weren't dug and are being plowed into the ground. i think i heard there were some sheep killed by snowfall in county down.. isn't that near you or was that the other county down ::)

what??? an insult to the famine you say?? didn't you read my post? half of last years spuds were lost!! vets are flat out putting malnorished cattle out of their misery farmers are topping themselves.. mooooohh!! dont you watch the news? the farmers union in the south estimate the cost of the poor weather to be a billion euro!!! mooooohhh!!! and want simon coveney to apply for european funding.. mooooohhhh DISASTER FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT INSULTING ENOUGH FOR YOU?????????????  the secrets in the name disaster etc

I do watch, listen and read the news and I'm fairly sure the people in Oklahoma who are watching, listening and reading their news tonight haven't heard much about Ireland's spuds in the last month or two. But I'm only guessing...
well sure as long as you don't notice it then its not happening. I'm fairly sure the okies didn't hear about the ulster farmer who tried to sell his starving animals and failed then turned his legally held weapon on them and then on himself.
i fairly sure that the governments have noticed that THIS countries biggest industry and only growth industry is in crisis that must be why they are setting up EMERGENCY COMMITTEES to deal with the "emergency"

i wonder if you'll remember the okies when you paying double for your grocery bill this time next year?
i'll remind you.. when your splitting up a pot noodle

Carmen Stateside

Been glued to CNN since I got in.  It's absolutely shocking what damage this has caused.  Praying that the kids are in a basement in school or have escaped before it hit.  Some have been found at a nearby church, but still more unaccounted for.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on May 20, 2013, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 20, 2013, 10:15:26 PM

Hilarious.

Go easy on him. He's finally admitted that being gay is natural.