Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

maybe stevie o neill wasnt there today?

redzone

Quote from: longballin on January 14, 2018, 08:21:20 PM
By all accounts Tyrone still playing that defensive sh*te doesnt bode well for the real money in the months ahead.

+ 44 so far in 4 games. Conditions brutal for football today. Maybe u should go to a game and judge for yourself rather than rely on second hand info. That's if your even from Tyrone.

lenny

Quote from: the goal was on on January 14, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
Well a lot of Tyrone team today are hardly regulars and some are newbies not even sure of making panel I presume. Tyrone by 2!!!

Pretty good prediction. Tbh I'd have fancied tyrone to win by 8-10 points but maybe fermanagh had a more established team on.

longballin

Quote from: redzone on January 14, 2018, 08:35:47 PM
By all accounts Tyrone still playing that defensive sh*te doesnt bode well for the real money in the months ahead.

+ 44 so far in 4 games. Conditions brutal for football today. Maybe u should go to a game and judge for yourself rather than rely on second hand info. That's if your even from Tyrone.

still recovering from the Dublin game...

Jim Bob

Il Bomber Destro

Who are the likeliest candidates to nail down a place this season. At the close of last year we had a pretty settled side.

Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron

T McCann
Hampsey
Harte
C Cavanagh

C McCann
McGeary
Sludden
Mulgrew/McClure
Bradley
S Cavanagh
Donnelly

The ones in bold are nailed on starters for me, the ones in italic I feel Harte will stick by them but I think they should be under serious pressure to maintain their place. The other players are the ones who I think will really have to fight for their spot. I expect McAliskey will start this year and take Sean Cavanagh's spot, I think Cassidy, McKernan and Rory Brennan will push hard for places in the back line while Meyler should be pushing hard for a place too. I think Conall McCann is too passive, I'd much rather see Richie Donnelly or McClure in the middle of the pitch as I think they bring more of a presence there.

Rory Brennan and Meyler are two guys who always seem to be picking up niggly injuries of some sort and I think if they get an injury free run they will both establish themselves as starters. I also feel Cassidy really deserves a run at corner back, he's tough, pacey and brings the ball out of defence at speed. I hope he gets a run during the league, he will bring more to the table than McCrory.

McCarron has looked like his legs are going and I think McNamee has really failed to play to his 2015 levels in the past couple of seasons.

southtyronegael

Quote from: redzone on January 14, 2018, 08:35:47 PM

+35 after 4 games in last years mc kenna cup. means nothing when the big games come.

skeog

Rony Mc Namee was dropped by UUJ to subs bench due to him playing 90 mins in another code Saturday.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 14, 2018, 10:24:15 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 14, 2018, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 14, 2018, 08:22:25 PM
maybe stevie o neill wasnt there today?

Clearly you weren't !!!
your right there!

It's you're.
Did you listen at all in school or did you just mouth there too?

Bendyerback

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 14, 2018, 10:12:59 PM
Who are the likeliest candidates to nail down a place this season. At the close of last year we had a pretty settled side.

Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron

T McCann
Hampsey
Harte
C Cavanagh

C McCann
McGeary
Sludden
Mulgrew/McClure
Bradley
S Cavanagh
Donnelly

The ones in bold are nailed on starters for me, the ones in italic I feel Harte will stick by them but I think they should be under serious pressure to maintain their place. The other players are the ones who I think will really have to fight for their spot. I expect McAliskey will start this year and take Sean Cavanagh's spot, I think Cassidy, McKernan and Rory Brennan will push hard for places in the back line while Meyler should be pushing hard for a place too. I think Conall McCann is too passive, I'd much rather see Richie Donnelly or McClure in the middle of the pitch as I think they bring more of a presence there.

Rory Brennan and Meyler are two guys who always seem to be picking up niggly injuries of some sort and I think if they get an injury free run they will both establish themselves as starters. I also feel Cassidy really deserves a run at corner back, he's tough, pacey and brings the ball out of defence at speed. I hope he gets a run during the league, he will bring more to the table than McCrory.

McCarron has looked like his legs are going and I think McNamee has really failed to play to his 2015 levels in the past couple of seasons.

I would start Mickey O'Neill ahead of Morgan. In my opinion Mickey O'Neill is a better keeper and his kick outs are excellent. He made a mistake in Clones coming of the line early and he has been punished ever since that.
I would also rate McClure above McCann in the middle of the field. He can field a ball and has excellent potential.

Dire Ear

Don't think M ONeill has impressed so far with kickouts 2018.  I'd have McNamee all day at full back , but agree about CmcCann.  Would be playing McNulty and McClure both aswell

driveherin

Would you be from Clonoe by any chance bendyerback?
All this talk about how SO'N has transformed Tyrones attack and they score 0-08 against FERMANAGH!?

WT4E

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 14, 2018, 10:12:59 PM

Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron

T McCann
Hampsey
Harte
C Cavanagh

C McCann
McGeary
Sludden
Mulgrew/McClure
Bradley
S Cavanagh
Donnelly

Not a bad summary - however McKernan hasn't a chance this year - he still as to do his years penance on the bench/squad

The Bearded One

Quote from: driveherin on January 15, 2018, 02:22:31 PM
Would you be from Clonoe by any chance bendyerback?
All this talk about how SO'N has transformed Tyrones attack and they score 0-08 against FERMANAGH!?

Are you for real? The conditions were horrible; wet and windy. They faced a wall of 14 green jerseys the whole game and found it impossible to move the ball at pace through the hands due to said conditions. If you are seriously judging O'Neill's input after that, then you need to wise up. the jury is still out, obviously, but give it a chance.
It is what it is. Presumably.