Should gays be allowed to legally marry?

Started by Saffrongael, February 05, 2013, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gays be allowed to legally marry?

Yes
No
Don't care

Saffrongael

I see it has passed fairly comfortably in the House of Commons, I have no real issue with it. What do the rest of you think ?

I will add a poll
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Apparently so

No problem with gays at all as long as they are not proper poofy gay like that f**ker Louis Spence you seen on the TV

All the best to them

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

I know a gay couple who think this equality agenda is a complete load of shite. They're happy with civil partnerships, but think marriage is way too far.

Also, I wonder if the DUP component of the flag protesters are annoyed that the same legislation is not applicable here. It is pick & mix britishness.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Orior on February 05, 2013, 08:08:33 PM
I know a gay couple who think this equality agenda is a complete load of shite. They're happy with civil partnerships, but think marriage is way too far.

Also, I wonder if the DUP component of the flag protesters are annoyed that the same legislation is not applicable here. It is pick & mix britishness.

Sure King Billy was gay and married
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Pangurban

Have no problem with Gays, but do not think society should turn natural law,logic and reason on its head to accommodate a misguided notion of rights

seafoid

Gay couples should have the same legal rights as straight couples IMO. So if one of them dies the surviving partner should be entitled to inherit etc.

The argument that heterosexuals are superior marriage material is interesting now with Chris Huhne's ex-wife's carry on

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chris-huhne-trial-vicky-pryce-1587138

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

laoislad

I have no problem with it and I would vote yes.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2013, 08:26:09 PM
Gay couples should have the same legal rights as straight couples IMO. So if one of them dies the surviving partner should be entitled to inherit etc.

Is this not what civil partnership is for?

IMO marriage is between a man and a woman, anything else is a contradiction of the word marriage.

ziggysego

I really cannot see how anyone would be against this. In 100 years time, people will look back and wonder why so many people were against it and why it was even illegal in the first place.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

This is kind of related to this thread. I'm old enough to have lived in the days when homosexuality was a crime.

What sex crimes do you think will be legal in another 50 years?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

How could this ever have been seen as a crime?
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: Orior on February 05, 2013, 08:48:46 PM
This is kind of related to this thread. I'm old enough to have lived in the days when homosexuality was a crime.

What sex crimes do you think will be legal in another 50 years?

Mutton rights.
MWWSI 2017