WGS new Scotland manager

Started by T Fearon, January 15, 2013, 09:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Doubt if he'll have any success but the press conferences will be good,and may lead to more Celtic supporters taking a genuine interest in the Scotland team.

clarshack

they'll be more organised and will be a bit more harder to beat under wgs.

T Fearon

Another win for the scots tonight in Norway.Surely even the wee man's greatest detractors will admit his impact has been remarkable in his short spell as Scotland boss.If O'Neill and Keane do nearly as well in their first year we'll all be raving

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on November 19, 2013, 09:13:03 PM
Another win for the scots tonight in Norway.Surely even the wee man's greatest detractors will admit his impact has been remarkable in his short spell as Scotland boss.If O'Neill and Keane do nearly as well in their first year we'll all be raving

I hadn't realised they qualified for Rio, there you go, well done gordy.

heganboy

Quote from: johnneycool on November 20, 2013, 01:18:21 PM
I hadn't realised they qualified for Rio, there you go, well done gordy.

They didn't qualify, they were 4th in their group.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

sid waddell

Presume we'll all be getting behind the bhoys next summer

Great to see them back in the big time

Serious night's work to go to Serbia and come through

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sid waddell on November 13, 2020, 12:23:23 AM
Presume we'll all be getting behind the bhoys next summer

Great to see them back in the big time

Serious night's work to go to Serbia and come through
Fcuk me they know how to do things the hard way. I couldn't believe the equaliser- it looked like every Scottish player was rooted to the spot!

laoislad

When was the group stages draw made? I'm reading this morning they will be in Englands group? When was that decided.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

shark

Quote from: laoislad on November 13, 2020, 08:19:23 AM
When was the group stages draw made? I'm reading this morning they will be in Englands group? When was that decided.

About a year ago. Ireland would have had home games against Poland and Sweden, and faced Spain in Bilbao. Slovakia now take that spot. Sweden v Poland also in Dublin.

galwayman

Quote from: shark on November 13, 2020, 09:00:09 AM

About a year ago. Ireland would have had home games against Poland and Sweden, and faced Spain in Bilbao. Slovakia now take that spot. Sweden v Poland also in Dublin.
I read somewhere recently that Uefa are considering moving the whole competition to one country - Russia being touted as the most likely.

shark

Quote from: galwayman on November 13, 2020, 09:22:43 AM

I read somewhere recently that Uefa are considering moving the whole competition to one country - Russia being touted as the most likely.

Moving it to one country does seem to make sense right now. Russia has the infrastructure following the world cup. Would prefer Germany though, who you'd imagine could run it well at short notice.

galwayman

Quote from: shark on November 13, 2020, 09:34:26 AM
Quote from: galwayman on November 13, 2020, 09:22:43 AM

Moving it to one country does seem to make sense right now. Russia has the infrastructure following the world cup. Would prefer Germany though, who you'd imagine could run it well at short notice.
I hope in the future they revert back to it being hosted by one country. It's brilliant from a supporters POV. Great memories of Poland in 2012 (off the field obviously).

clarshack

Well done to Scotland but Clarke got away with one last nite, taking off 3 of their better players and trying to hold on was madness imo.
Will be cheering them on next summer and hopefully they can get a result against England!

Angelo

6 of the starting XI came through the Celtic youth ranks

Marshall
Gallagher
McGregor
Robertson
Tierney
O'Donnell
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lurganblue

Yeah I have a ticket to the Sweden game in the Aviva (if there is fans allowed), thankfully NI didn't make it.