Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandino

"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

orangeman

The boss is back – and he's not coming to Dublin this time (yet, anyway). You can catch Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band at Limerick's Thomond Park (July 16), Cork's Páirc Uí Chaoimh (July 18) and Belfast's Kings Hall Arena (July 20). Tickets go on sale next Thursday (December 6, 9am) and are €90 (general admission) and €100 (seats) for the Limerick and Cork shows (plus TM Bruce tax). Weirdly, no prices on the press release for the Belfast show so I'll update that when it comes to hand after they've finished converting euro to sterling to dollars. Memo to those who will inevitably moan about the ticket price: no-one is forcing you to go, bud. Springsteen has played in Belfast before (with the Seeger Sessions Band in 2006 and the E Street Band in December 2007, both at the Odyssey Arena), but it will be his first live outings by the Shannon and the Lee.

belleaqua

Anyone know the likely capacity for the Belfast gig? Would like to get the Indoor one-always the best. No problem getting tickets for the others I reckon given the locations and being mid week and the over saturation in the past 4 years.

Am I right in saying this will be the 11th E Street Band gig in Ireland since December 2007?

Awaiting the furore over ticket prices

screenexile

Quote from: belleaqua on November 28, 2012, 03:05:40 PM
Anyone know the likely capacity for the Belfast gig? Would like to get the Indoor one-always the best. No problem getting tickets for the others I reckon given the locations and being mid week and the over saturation in the past 4 years.

Am I right in saying this will be the 11th E Street Band gig in Ireland since December 2007?

Awaiting the furore over ticket prices

£79 doesn't sound like it'll be too bad. Considering he plays 2.5 odd hours a night I'd say that's pretty good value!!

Declan

Agreed re the indoor gigs - would definitely prefer that one and he's been playing for 3.5 hours on this tour so no probs re value

Edit - Just noticed the Belfast gig is slated as "This is a fully standing outdoor event". Is there an outdoor park/arena as part of the complex?

Ulick

Why always putting the tickets on sale just before Christmas?

belleaqua

Options as presents maybe to boost sales?? Not ideal for everyone that's for sure though.

Some talk that the Kings Hall gig is outdoor?? I presumed it was an indoor venue. Or is it both like the RDS??

Mikhail Prokhorov

90 yoyo for a gig thats available on youtube is awful value imo

Maguire01

Quote from: belleaqua on November 28, 2012, 03:05:40 PM
Anyone know the likely capacity for the Belfast gig? Would like to get the Indoor one-always the best.
I assume the Belfast one will be outdoors - It's King's Hall Arena.

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on November 28, 2012, 03:32:17 PM
Are you competing for the most ridiculous question of the year award?!

charlieTully

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 28, 2012, 04:38:10 PM

its music maguire, leave party politics out of it  :D

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 28, 2012, 04:38:10 PM

It was rhetorical, as in I've enough to be spending money on at the minute, stalker.

ziggy90

I'd say there will still be plenty for sale after the Christmas. This year's concerts were the best he's played in years both for quality and length, but there reaches a point where people can have enough of a good thing. I don't see anything announced yet for England, I wonder if it's payback time for the Hyde Park fiasco or were his sales a bit on the disappointing side last time around.Any word on a new album?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Sandino

I think this is a farewell tour. I think playing outside dublin is just Bruce saying thanks to all his irish fans. I think this is the last one with the E Streed Band. Everyone in ireland is getting one last chance to see him at a live gig.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''