Lost Suitcase

Started by anportmorforjfc, October 22, 2012, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Lads i travelled with Ryanair from Palma to Dublin last week and still haven't recieved my suitcase. They told me if i don't hear anything within the week to fill out the claims form on the Ryanair website. But i never took the 5 euro (or whatever it was) insurance when booking the flight (I'm guessing they would know that). Does anyone know if i am still covered for lost suitcase or not? i presume its lost as i am home 5 days now and have heard nothing, i have even traced the case online and have only got 'tracing continues'. Has this happened anyone before and if so how long did it take for you to get your suitcase back?

Pangurban

Returning from Italy To Dublin last month with Ryanair, filled out form at Airport, Case traced and returned to me via Courier within 4 days

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on October 22, 2012, 07:11:07 PM
Lads i travelled with Ryanair from Palma to Dublin last week and still haven't recieved my suitcase. They told me if i don't hear anything within the week to fill out the claims form on the Ryanair website. But i never took the 5 euro (or whatever it was) insurance when booking the flight (I'm guessing they would know that). Does anyone know if i am still covered for lost suitcase or not? i presume its lost as i am home 5 days now and have heard nothing, i have even traced the case online and have only got 'tracing continues'. Has this happened anyone before and if so how long did it take for you to get your suitcase back?

ryanair? u need an iq test not ur suitcase, stupid is as stupid does!

Norf Tyrone

Hi

I'd think you're still entitled to 'insurance' irrespective if you filled in the form or not or paid a levy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Cold tea

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 23, 2012, 04:00:57 AM

I would guess you wouldn't be scoring too highly in the old IQ tests!

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 23, 2012, 04:00:57 AM
Lads i travelled with Ryanair from Palma to Dublin last week and still haven't received my suitcase. They told me if i don't hear anything within the week to fill out the claims form on the Ryanair website. But i never took the 5 euro (or whatever it was) insurance when booking the flight (I'm guessing they would know that). Does anyone know if i am still covered for lost suitcase or not? i presume its lost as i am home 5 days now and have heard nothing, i have even traced the case online and have only got 'tracing continues'. Has this happened anyone before and if so how long did it take for you to get your suitcase back?

Was the only non stop flight to Dublin on that date and much cheaper than the others. Baring in mind it was the middle of October there are not many flights flying from Palma to Dublin.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 23, 2012, 05:17:45 AM
Hi

I'd think you're still entitled to 'insurance' irrespective if you filled in the form or not or paid a levy.

Cheers Norf i was thinking that myself, il fill out the claims form and see what happens.

Bud Wiser

Will ya ever go and fill out the claim form as quickly as you can. Ryanair are responsible for your suitcase whether you had insurance or not, unless you had it crammed with four thousand Marlboro and crystal meth.  The insurance is a different thing altogether, more for if the yoke you are on plummets out of the sky or your flight is cancelled.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Geoff Tipps

Your luggage will be covered regardless of whether you booked insurance or not. Some carriers will insist you fill out an inventory of what you had in the bag, how much it cost and may require receipts. Obviously the receipts thing is going to be difficult as you're unlikely to have them.
I lost my bag with a carrier a few years ago. After 30 days or so they declare it officially dead and pay either the value of what was in the bag or something like 1300 euro as laid down in the Montreal Convention.
You'll really need to check the small print in the Ryanair website as they may not have signed up to this.