Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Have ye Denn folk not got an imminent hammering from Cavan Gaels to be occupying your thoughts with at present?  :P  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

We might just beat Cavan Gaels for badness!  Also hoping the Seanie Johnson will be thinking more about Australia than Denn as he would be hoping for a call up.

Quote from: North Longford on October 01, 2008, 09:52:29 PM
Something even closer to home for Dennforever. Two of Colmcilles top men last sunday Tommy Doyle and Declan Reilly(MoM) are 1st cousins. Their mothers are sisters, married to Colmcille men and they are originally from Denn. So we have more to thank Denn for than you might think!
Who are they?  Six degrees of seperation and all that.

Also we only have to hold on to Ciaran until 2012 to repeat the 50 year symmetry.

Also glad Colmcille won and would always root for the small parish rather than a town team.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

Quoteand would always root for the small parish rather than a town team.

And sure they're nearer geographically to Ulster and all that.  ::)

North Longford

QuoteWho are they?  Six degrees of seperation and all that.
I'll have to check that one.
Reilly is probably the best player in Longford at the moment. Don't know if he can be loaned under the grandparent rule!!

North Longford

QuoteWho are they?  Six degrees of seperation and all that.

I'll have to check that one.

McKiernan

Billys Boots

NL, I hear the Wicklow final was a draw - what's the news from Carla?

paddypastit

Youse boys are getting Glen Ryan as Co team manager... heard it from informed, and disappointed, sources.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Billys Boots

Well that's interesting paddy, thanks.  Any word round HQ about this Laureleye/Shamrock Shore??

North Longford

Heard from a good source yesterday that Justin McNulty was there or there abouts!?!?

paddypastit

NL - I believe that has (had?) some basis in truth as his name was mentioned as being front runner when I first heard of this Friday evening but the more recent update was this morning and it was informed from within the process, albeit informally.  The decision is tonight?
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Billys Boots

Well Palatine beat Rathvilly by a point in one of the Carla semis - answering my own question, as others appear obsessed by Lucky Look's replacement.

North Longford

Billy you are worrying far too much about that auld Leinster thing!!! It'll all sort itself out in the end.................but if you do get any useful info on any of the likely opponents do let me know.................you'll be acknowledged at the presentation of whatever cup the Leinster champions get!!!!

The Forfeit Point

glenn ryans just been appointed longford manager and look at what takes precedence on the official site........... ::)

Shamrock Shore

In fairness to

No actuallly I won't go there - WTF is Paddy O'Connor????

It's getting more and more like a shaggin Bebo page every day.

Cop on Webmasters FFS  >:(

Billys Boots

Crayonland is getting more bizarre by the minute, great picture of Glen Ryan and our esteemed leader at the foot of the page though.