Tattoos - am I the only person without one?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 04, 2012, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Just watched the really slick Miami Ink on Discovery/Nat Geo and the art of tattooing is the place to be, everyone's cool on the street and leaves the 'boutique' with a smile this wide. Turn over to a similar channel and Jodi Marsh:Tattoo Apprentice is on and the her first customer will be her Dad. All easy-peasy no probs viewing.

Turn over to say Sky Sports and young James McClean has his left arm adorned, Fernando Torres has them under the forearm, last week for Setanta Cup I saw a Sligo Rovers player similar.

Is it just me but aren't tattoos still permanent once inked?
Are they then really that cool?

Tony Baloney

Ink free and will die ink free. Don't see the point.

Dougal Maguire

+1. Sad thing is that all the celebrities will be able to pay to have theirs removed once this fashion fad ends. You and I will have to pay for the others who can't afford to have them removed privately and go crying to the NHS.
Careful now

laoislad

Puckoon and Gab Hurl have them.
Thought about one myself for a while but decided against it .
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Nope, I don't have one either. Never actually entertained getting one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 04, 2012, 10:07:47 PM
You're f**king yella that's why.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2012, 10:14:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 04, 2012, 10:07:47 PM
You're f**king yella that's why.
The wife said I can't have one   :-[
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

I don't have any intention of ever getting a tattoo. I actually went into the Miami ink place with my friend a few weeks ago, he was quoted 200 dollars a hour for the one he wanted done. It made me think i'll have to get into the tattoo business.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 04, 2012, 10:05:57 PM
+1. Sad thing is that all the celebrities will be able to pay to have theirs removed once this fashion fad ends. You and I will have to pay for the others who can't afford to have them removed privately and go crying to the NHS.

;D

One of the more painful treatments one could ever want to undergo voluntarily. I've smelt the sizzle up close and it's not something I will ever ever consider.  I also doubt very much if more than 0.001% of the tax you will ever pay will go towards the removal of a tattoo on the NHS for someone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-az/tattoo-removal-will-the-nhs-help-762743.html

The above is from 2006 - I don't think money has gotten any more abundant since then.

You can rest easy now. :)

Captain Obvious

Ultimate nightmare for any father is his daughter getting a tr**p stamp.

Puckoon

Quote from: ross4life on May 04, 2012, 10:36:00 PM
I don't have any intention of ever getting a tattoo. I actually went into the Miami ink place with my friend a few weeks ago, he was quoted 200 dollars a hour for the one he wanted done. It made me think i'll have to get into the tattoo business.

See the OP. The likes of the Jodie Marsh tattoo apprentice TV show is a blemish on hardworking tattooers who have put in years and years of apprenticeship and developed a trade and a serious reputation and a client base. Unfortunately any gobshite can think what you just typed (I imagine you were being tounge in cheek) and can open a tattoo parlour these days and many are doing so due to the heavily edited glory of TV shows such as Miami Ink, London Ink and NY Ink. It is leading to a lot of really bad work and a saturation of good artists work with junk artists who will tattoo people for cheap. Unfortunately some people are still persuaded with this permanent form on the basis of price. Bad decision #1 (or #2, if its not your thing, or you don't see the point).