Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: farset on December 01, 2018, 07:23:36 PM
Quote from: delgany on December 01, 2018, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: farset on December 01, 2018, 06:54:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2018, 06:34:24 PM
Quote from: farset on December 01, 2018, 05:45:03 PM
They are up by 3 at half time.
Good on them. Something you'd expect from a senior team.

Hammered a team that were winning the Cavan senior championship five years ago! Some set up at St endas

Well then clearly that makes more the point that they were in the wrong championship for their ability, wee man.

For the St Enda's club and kids it's brilliant and I'm sure they'll go from strength to strength and as BS rightly pointed out, they've been on the receiving end of sectarianism in its most disgusting form BUT that doesn't take away the fact that a mid table Antrim Division 1 team won an Ulster Intermediate championship. You'd need to ask questions if they didn't win it.

In the context that Antrim are playing Division 4 of NFL and Cavan are in Div 2 . I think it's a fairly equitable match up.

So by that calculation, where does that put St Galls' win?

In all seriousness though, that's pure balls.

Take a walk pal and chill out. An Antrim team has just won an Ulster title. Lets celebrate and congratulate them. After everything they've been through they deserve it.

Don't begrudge them it and the impact it'll have on the club.

imtommygunn

Exactly. We are probably number 9 in ulster in the football. This is a great achievement and ultimately a big building block for the st endas club. Fair play to them.

Look at what kerry are doing if you want to see unfair. Division one clubs in junior.

U21 championship looks like it could be quite interesting. Rossa perhaps surprising winners at randalstown. They have a few good players mind. That fella mcenhill looks a great wee player. Looks like no clear favourites.

Milltown Row2

Again superb win, dominated from start to finish, now they have a couple weeks to get back to training and preparing for a semi final. One match from Croke Park
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: farset on December 01, 2018, 07:40:17 PM
Please don't try to equate their genuine and horrific loss to my and others' criticism that they have only won a championship that they shouldnt be in. I've lost two members of my family to loyalists. I know what it's like so don't equate what I'm saying to what you're accusing me of.

The impact for the club will be amazing for them and they will make hay. Of that I have no doubt.

BUT its my opinion that its a hallow victory and one that they should always have won anyway and they'll know that in their heart of hearts.

Anyway I'm away to take a walk and chill.
what a sick little mind space you exist in Farset. There is nothing about our club that trades on sympathy. We are lucky enough to have the bones of a young team who won feile, Paul mcgirr, mmmm is it just me or might there be trend appearing? Oh wait as a club you've never won didly at senior nor have you shown any potential as a contender at intermediate. But hey this year we get our shit together boo fcking boo. Keep er lit with that persecution complex, or perhaps divert your energies in a more positive direction. Btw I'm semi lit so this should not be construed as a rational debate.

brokencrossbar1

I came in here to congratulate St endas on a fantastic win and Christ the light....what the hell is going on😂. Great win for them and I would know a lot of these young lads. Under different circumstances my eldest lad could have been the playing with them as he was a belated part of that minor squad with Niall McKeown, Joe Maskey and Eoin Nagle so I saw them a few times. Great win and anyone trying to take away from it need to look at themselves. Also I recall that the team they beat in the final were an absolute monster Cavan club for years and we played them at least twice in Ulster senior championship.

Also a wee touch of Cross in the set up as the PRO is an old neighbour of mine at home and a member of the Donaldson family who are now heavily invested in our club as players and coaches. Well done to James and big congratulations to St Endas

themac_23

Great result for st Enda's, as BC said, a massive Cavan club who are used to playing senior Ulster, st Enda's will enjoy it and I'm sure fitzy will have them back focused for a good rattle at the AI. Absouluty no reason why not! As last man said, this team is backbones by lads who won an A feile, Paul McGirr etc, it shows that out the work in underage and it can bring success at senior level!hoping they  Go on and win the whole thing now

Milltown Row2

No reason not to go on and win it now, Antrim teams are expected to win Ulster in hurling, not always the case lately but traditionally they do, in football it's an achievement to win one game or as Dunloy and Moneyglass reach a final, to win it they are now on equal status with the other winners, they'll face the Connaught champions I think..

St endas have the right age structure within the team, plenty of fitness and they never panic, the Cavan team drew level straight after the break but St endas pulled away, they had a ball hit the crossbar and St Endas went straight up the other end and Maskey buried it.

I'll certainly be backing them in the next match. Three teams to support in the club series,  its just a pity Cushendun can't be there also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

skeog

Brilliant performance from a club who have suffered over the years.Enjoy the moment Antrim on the rise.

outinfront

I might be wrong. But I think 2 years ago the All-Ireland IFC winners were a team from Kerry who won division 1 (actually beating the senior championship winners in the league final).

outinfront

Also well done to Endas.  They beat a dogged team who are a traditional div 1 Cavan team. We failed in extra time and will see it as a case of "what could have been".

However surely it's time Antrim aligned leagues with a Championships (with winners playing grade above the following year)? It would do away with any of the criticism?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: outinfront on December 02, 2018, 03:51:26 PM
Also well done to Endas.  They beat a dogged team who are a traditional div 1 Cavan team. We failed in extra time and will see it as a case of "what could have been".

However surely it's time Antrim aligned leagues with a Championships (with winners playing grade above the following year)? It would do away with any of the criticism?

A hundred percent and this needs to be done throughout the country. Once it is uniformed then there won't be complaints. Kerry have a farce of a championship tbf..

Ballycastle were a div 2 team and played senior, and have done before when in div 2 .. someone had mentioned Rossa and the johnnies playing intermediate, they were Div 2 teams at the time.

bannside

Creggan beat Casements by two points to progress. A big strong team with quality in the right places.

That's St Brigids, Rossa, Creggan and Dunloy into the last four. All to play for and turning into a good competition.

Belfast GAA man

St Endas trying to slip back into A championship on appeal

Na Glinntí Glasa

was told last night that we play Rossa in the semi finals? not sure how true that is at this stage. anyone else heard the draw
hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 03, 2018, 08:22:35 AM
was told last night that we play Rossa in the semi finals? not sure how true that is at this stage. anyone else heard the draw

Cuchullian's v O D Ross's

and

Kickham's Creggan v St Brigid's