Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsaff

that is madness. Surly you need some form of official documentation to transfer with DOB and address on it ? No Fault of Dunloys what so ever and was surprised when I heard the news but that clears it up. Going by the SG report the number 12 was Dermot Mcerlain hes been a county minor and u21 the past few seasons very good player great in the air

Flanker

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 21, 2018, 09:58:21 AM
aside from that madness going on last night U21 game was a really entertaining affair. Moneyglass set up very defensively even with the wind at their backs and did so very well.

a degree of fortune with a few of their goals but all in a draw was a fair result. the Number 12 for Moneyglass, Ronan Graham is he? was very good, excellent on the ball and very strong going forward. Coniall prenter at full forward was also very good.

that being said we were 9 down at one point and managed to score 1-06 to get a draw.
[DR does the draw potentially make things very messy.. Assume top 2 go into A competition, bottom 2 into B. If you were deducted the 2 points for the Aghagallon game that  would leave yourselves and Mglass on 3 each . How would that play out ...could get messy On a side note are all memberships not held on a central database with all dates of birth entered when a juvenille is first registered. Would the transfer form not be picking up the details  the membership database  that were registered in the first instance.....Was the guy in question registered correcly in the first instance by his original club ?/quote]

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

belfastsaff

'Going by the SG report the number 12 was Dermot Mcerlain hes been a county minor and u21 the past few seasons very good player great in the air'

Yes it was Dermot he's a super player and was very impressive last night.

At 9 points down with all that's been happening off the pitch we could have threw the head up but we didn't. Fantastic group of players and hopefully the result last night will be enough to take us into the A

Megaman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 21, 2018, 09:21:54 AM
problem is he did have id, problem with that is that it was fake!

I mean clubs cant check for things like this at all. Unless we ask for birth certs etc up front is the only way.

but you would assume that once a player is transferred that the information is always correct

Just out of interest, with the population and numbers Dunloy have,  why do yous need to take a player from another club?

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Megaman

'Just out of interest, with the population and numbers Dunloy have,  why do yous need to take a player from another club?'

The player had recently moved to live in Dunloy from a club within a different county. It would be normal practice for a transfer to take place when this happens and I myself know of quite a few. The circumstances of the actual transfer is the problem

Megaman

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on November 21, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
Megaman

'Just out of interest, with the population and numbers Dunloy have,  why do yous need to take a player from another club?'

The player had recently moved to live in Dunloy from a club within a different county. It would be normal practice for a transfer to take place when this happens and I myself know of quite a few. The circumstances of the actual transfer is the problem

Fair enough, wasnt saying they did anything wrong btw. Obviously the player is to blame which could affect the other players which is a shame.

delgany

Inter county  transfers are all processed on line now.
I wouldn't know what documents a player is asked for  but  it would be open to abuse

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Megaman

'Fair enough, wasnt saying they did anything wrong btw. Obviously the player is to blame which could affect the other players which is a shame'

Indeed it is a shame and the heart they showed last night showed just what it means to them and hopefully it continues but we will have to wait and see what happens

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2018, 08:59:14 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 21, 2018, 08:46:58 AM
it pure madness and ive never heard of anyone doing this before.

the fact that we got an official transfer form from the other club, signed by the relevant people to say all was in order that he was able to play U21 and senior football. we thought nothing off it until someone got suspicious about his age as they weren't sure if he was or wasn't 21 after the first game.

it wasnt till afterwards that we found out that he lied about his DOB and was actually in fact 22 and not 21 that we then notified the county ourselves.

Through absolutely no fault of our club we have been left in a position where we could be fined, deducted points etc. and the young fellas punished over the lies of someone. You assume that an official transfer form is an official document and you take it as gospel but it opens up the question now of how does a club check these things themselves?

It will from here on in ensure you ask the lad for a passport or other ID to keep yourself right

Does the transfer form not require the person in question to put on his current GAA ID and his old club secretary should be able to provide it if he doesn't know it.

Once the GAA had ratified the transfer then those details should be passed to Dunloy, but evidently a lot of things didn't happen.

How did he think he would get away with it?

Jeepers Creepers

Was a different name put on the teamsheet, nevermind bluffing his age?

Gold

But why did he want to play at an age lower than himself??!

Like what had he to gain?
If I won an u-16/u-21 now wtf would be the point? I'd know it was tainted as I'm ancient!

He had to be trying to impress some local girl or something (or doing it to keep up a lie he'd told about a false age or something).

It's a rare one as Bannside said.

Agree Dunloy should not be punished
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Na Glinntí Glasa

no his official name and his new player number that he got when he was registered with us. he was on the team sheet and played the first game. it was only after the game that we found out that he had lied about his DOB.

it seems from what ive heard is that he lied to his own club as well where he came from about it as well. i seen the transfer form myself and it was fully legit and signed by the required parties

Its def a first that ive had to be involved with in my time. everyone who is registered with us from anew is children and its the parents who fill in all the forms and the details that are used for the rest of their involvement with the club. you always take these things at face value and its very hard to get that wrong at a young age but its the adult transfers that can cause the problems now it seems.
hurl like f**k boi!

Stillwater2

Intercounty transfers are done online these days.

The new club instigates it, the player then completes his details, goes to his parent club for approval then both county sec's for approval.

So none of the above picked this up?

Seems all rather strange.

Hectic

Sounds like a bollix alright but at the same time shows how tight clubs have to be with their administration. Certainly for the like of AccessNI there are valid forms of ID that must be submitted. Do you blame the player or do you blame the administration process? Or both?

NAG1

Quote from: Hectic on November 21, 2018, 01:52:34 PM
Sounds like a bollix alright but at the same time shows how tight clubs have to be with their administration. Certainly for the like of AccessNI there are valid forms of ID that must be submitted. Do you blame the player or do you blame the administration process? Or both?

Not like they are dealing with a cub here, the lad is regarded as a senior player here so would know full well the rights and wrongs of this and cheating the system.