Coming to Australia?

Started by Aerlik, December 25, 2011, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on December 26, 2011, 02:04:16 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 26, 2011, 01:44:03 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 26, 2011, 01:09:31 PM
yes this thread would confirm the disgusting stories i'm hearing from people who have made their way home for the holidays. i believe the irish in oz are making a right show of themselves.. monday clubs etc etc just the same shite that went on here during the building boom. but i have sobering news for them there are alot of reports of signs of the oz economy slowing down, a friend has been told by his austrialian employer that many of the big projects are being postponed as theres a slow down in demand. hes there 6 years the news came as a shock.

You don't need to be in oz to make show of yourself, you do it perfectly well on this board. I have sobering news  ::) Seriously, do you ever read the know it all sh1te you post.

By the way Monday club was happening long before the building boom  ::)
yeah your right. i'm not in austrailia are you? the jist of the thread is a poster whose basically embarrassed by the behaviour of his fellow countrymen. that concurs what i've heard from eyewitnesses in austrailia. as for the monday clubs they are part of the reason that this country was glad to see the arrival of eastern european workers who you could actually depend on. leaving these w**kers complaining that they'd no work. as for the austrailian economy slowing down i was told that news some months ago and i believe that it is relevant to this thread since the irish monday clubbers are the first t**sers to be out of work AGAIN

During the boom there was very few complaining that they had no work as we were as close to full employment as possible. Post boom the Easten European workers are just as depressed about their huge Irish mortgages, car insuance and lack of work.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

my point is that these guys have not learned. whats going on in Australia is a boom it cant last. instead of getting stuck in a making a few quid they're pissing it around the streets of Australia and they'll end up back here lamenting what they should have done without an arse in their trousers... slurp slurp.. burp burp
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Aerlik

If you come to Western Australia and you get pulled over by the cops in Perth's Northbridge area, at best you will get a Move On Notice.  If given one, MOVE THE f**k AWAY FROM THE AREA DESIGNATED.  The number of young, drunk f**king arseholes who think they are above the law and contradict the law then end up getting arrested and thrown in the slammer for the weekend is unbelievable.  Every weekend it is the same story.  You wouldn't do it at home.  Don't do it here.

The Irish are a very well established ethnic minority here in WA.  Sure the Governor General is a McCusker, a Derry man like myself.

Spread the word.  Tell your mates to pull their feckin heads in.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

lawnseed

Quote from: Aerlik on December 26, 2011, 02:32:07 PM
If you come to Western Australia and you get pulled over by the cops in Perth's Northbridge area, at best you will get a Move On Notice.  If given one, MOVE THE f**k AWAY FROM THE AREA DESIGNATED.  The number of young, drunk f**king arseholes who think they are above the law and contradict the law then end up getting arrested and thrown in the slammer for the weekend is unbelievable.  Every weekend it is the same story.  You wouldn't do it at home.  Don't do it here.

The Irish are a very well established ethnic minority here in WA.  Sure the Governor General is a McCusker, a Derry man like myself.

have you seen any signs of a slowdown aerlik. my mate works at pipelaying hes way out in the sticks he been told further plans have been 'put on hold' they've paid off some lads

AlriteHorse

Quote from: lawnseed on December 26, 2011, 02:38:07 PM

have you seen any signs of a slowdown aerlik. my mate works at pipelaying hes way out in the sticks he been told further plans have been 'put on hold' they've paid off some lads

Lawnseed, I'd be involved in a few of the large resources / infrastructure projects and the second half of the year was a hell of a lot quiter than expected. I've been waiting a few months for one tender to come through but the client keeps holding off on it. Hard to say if a few companies are just taking precautions but as there's still plenty of companies that are pretty much running at capacity. All just depends who you're speaking to. My cousin runs a ceiling fixing company here and hee tells me that companies are undercutting each other left right and centre just to pick up work.
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

lawnseed

Quote from: AlriteHorse on December 26, 2011, 02:50:40 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 26, 2011, 02:38:07 PM

Lawnseed, I'd be involved in a few of the large resources / infrastructure projects and the second half of the year was a hell of a lot quiter than expected. I've been waiting a few months for one tender to come through but the client keeps holding off on it. Hard to say if a few companies are just taking precautions but as there's still plenty of companies that are pretty much running at capacity. All just depends who you're speaking to. My cousin runs a ceiling fixing company here and hee tells me that companies are undercutting each other left right and centre just to pick up work.
thats what i heard. hope things pick up in the new year for you. no point in coming back here things are getting very tight. no problem getting a good tradesman for 60 a day

The Subbie

I work for a large multinational civil engineering company, I'm based in Sydney and we work mainly in the rail sector, I'm home for Christmas and was told by a director to" recruit like fcuk", we have a full order book for 2012 & tenders were stacking up before I left.
Back on topic, I went over to meet a mate of mine in Bondi 3 weeks ago and had the misfortune of arranging yonder in the junction, f**k me some of them boys and girls could dowith an Ojus Ojus hiding, people were crossing the street to get away from them and the shit they were at, it was a side of being Irish in oz that I didn't like one bit.
Anyway I'm away for a creamy pint of stout, happy Christmas one and all wherever yis are

Puckoon

This issue isn't unique to Australia. I think I've mentioned it before on here, but I was informed by an older lady in SF a few years ago that she could always tell when the new Irish came out. I asked her how could she tell and she said "they are the drunken sunburned ones with the bad manners".

This attitude of "its not my home, who cares if I wreck'er" is not doing anyone any favours.

LeoMc

You see the same thing in Belfast and probably the other University towns, young lads away from mammy for the first time, just multiplied by distance.

Captain Obvious

"You wouldn't do it at home.  Don't do it here." problem is they do & these guys shouldn't be allowed into Australia in the first place.

leenie

Quote from: LeoMc on December 26, 2011, 06:58:41 PM
You see the same thing in Belfast and probably the other University towns, young lads away from mammy for the first time, just multiplied by distance.

This is exactly what i was thinking...

I was quite blind-slighted to what actually goes on in Belfast with regards to the students but from living in the city for the last year and so and near the student area it is shocking some of the things. Having been a student myself years ago i am surprised. Now i'm no saint nor am i saying that when i was a students things didn't happen but i can't remember them being as bad...

Recently i was walking to work and it was 6.30am i was dandering up through the holylands when i came across 3 youngs fella's, wearing gaelic jerseys jumping up on down on a people carrier, being brave of myself and thinking they were fellow country people i thought i'd stop with them and tell them to wise up and go on home... Big Mistake, the abuse i got was unbelievable and i was told to keep walking or i'd know about it..... 

you'd wonder is the manners a lot worse know and bearing in mind some of these young lads were "the boom teenagers" where things we taking for granted....

and don't even get me started on "respecting your elders"
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mannix on December 26, 2011, 08:18:46 PM
One young lad from the west of Ireland arrived in Sydney, got off the plane and was busted within an hour buying drugs in a police sting. Anyway, he was held until alight home was arranged. He arrived in London and laid low pretending he was still in Australia. He's at home for good now after his wild adventure around the world( London).
The gas thing is everyone knows.

I suspect a Kerry lad I know ended back for similar reasons.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 26, 2011, 08:20:32 PM
One young lad from the west of Ireland arrived in Sydney, got off the plane and was busted within an hour buying drugs in a police sting. Anyway, he was held until alight home was arranged. He arrived in London and laid low pretending he was still in Australia. He's at home for good now after his wild adventure around the world( London).

thought you said a few posts ago that it was only two galway lads you knew of who made flutes of themselves in their Ozzie travels, this looks like a suspected 50% increase in the space of a few hours,
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: anglocelt39 on December 26, 2011, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 26, 2011, 08:20:32 PM

thought you said a few posts ago that it was only two galway lads you knew of who made flutes of themselves in their Ozzie travels, this looks like a suspected 50% increase in the space of a few hours,

The only lads I have seen to get up to this craic were 2 Galway lads. I suspect a Kerry lad of getting up to something coz he came back with his legs between his legs pretty quick, then again I might just think bad of the lad, coz I don't like him much. Its not a conspiracy you know  ::)

anglocelt39

so you spent three years on Oz and you saw two paddies making tits of themselves in that time, either you were in Solitary confinement or living in an enclosed order, on second thoughts I will withdraw the latter ..............
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds