O2 Network coverage problems (Armagh)

Started by Abble, December 13, 2011, 09:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

I've been having terrible problems with O2 network coverage of late. Since over 2 months ago the coverage on the mobile phone at home in Armagh was great. Then one weekend we noticed the phone was floating between 1 bar and no coverage at all, basically we couldnt text or use calls at the weekends for 2 months ongoing. This is still the case only the situation is now worsened to most days.
(this is same for my girlfriend and neighbours on O2)

O2 have confirmed for me that there is work going on at a nearby mast. However the network engineers aren't saying when this work will be completed AND O2 will not confirm for me if the service will ever be restored to how it was when i first took out my contract in Mar this year. (18 mth)

As a goodwill gesture they can give me 2 months free line rental.

But really as there is no confirmation being provided by O2 to a successful resolution, if i thought i could get out of this contract and move to a different network I would.

what are my best options at this stage? O2 customer complaints are prepared to provide me with a PAC ( i purchased phone from mobiles.co.uk)

Tony Baloney

Are you near the Portadown Road/Drumman end by any chance as I've noticed here has been no Internet coverage on O2 there for a while.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Abble on December 13, 2011, 10:32:50 PM
Drumcairn
Is there anything in the small print about quality of service? The O2 service all around Armagh has been seriously degraded for about a year now. At one stage I had no signal every night after 11pm for months. In fact it's just dropped off again whilst I'm typing this.

Abble

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2011, 10:40:00 PM
Quote from: Abble on December 13, 2011, 10:32:50 PM
Drumcairn
Is there anything in the small print about quality of service? The O2 service all around Armagh has been seriously degraded for about a year now. At one stage I had no signal every night after 11pm for months. In fact it's just dropped off again whilst I'm typing this.

I'd need to check that out. I'm thinking that if they were prepared to provide me with PAC that was O2 agreeing to allow me out of the contract. Though i want to be sure before going with another provided that the network coverage is good.

Customer complaints also mentioned this (though he re-iterated he still does not know what the exact nature of the work on our mast is), that sometimes a network engineer or some of these boys working on the mast are there to do 'optimisation' work. I think the gist of this was that aerials on a mast can sometimes be redirected to areas that contain greatest number of customers.

I wouldnt care, but as a customer no-one from O2 is answering what i want to know.

lawnseed

if they are offering you a pac then they'll expect you to pay the balance of the contract.. maybe? i had this problem with another network. basically i had a southern vodafone i noticed each time i came north the fone always went to this now defunked network and there was excellent service. so when i needed a nordie fone i went for one of these fones for the first ten days it was unbelieveable. i could have used it down a mineshaft! i was making calls from all the blackspots just to show off. then i went out of the country for a few days. when i came back the damn phone was useless it wouldnt work anywhere. i had to ring the b..rds on the housephone to tell them it was no good. then the shite started i hadnt complained soon enough.. they dont guarantee service.. i'd have to pay the rest of the phone line rental for the remaining 11 months.. . so when the bill came i paid that month and then stopped the direct debit and rang them to ask where to return the phone.. they didnt want to know and started getting heavy.. threatening law etc.. i was in breach of contract! so i told them i thought they had tried to pull a stroke somehow and that i now find them in breach of contract since they were unable to provide me with service at all. i told them i was looking forward to meeting the judge who was going to make me pay for a phone that didnt work. then the fukrs went bankrupt but not before they blacklisted me as a non-payer. if you have poor service try to make a deal with 02 and move. they could cause some hassel if you loose your temper. i didnt know i was blacklisted until i was pricing around for HP on a machine i was buying the only crowd that would give me a loan was one i had been with before. all over a mobile phone
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Cold tea

In Armagh City - 02 is crap last 5 weeks - I get text messages days after they are sent!

Candyman

There are 11 cell sites in Armagh, 2 of which are down at the moment!! They are "Armagh North" and "Stonebridge" so that would affect you Tony? Why everyone else is suffering is because the remaining 9 have to cope with the demand for service, usually supplied by eleven masts!!! ( just think of you car running on 3 cylinders instead of 4, only a lot worse ;-) )

Abble, they will give you a PAC code all day long, but they will also be sending the bill along with it for cancellation!! This works out at your monthly rental, including any VAS times the remaining term of your contract!! They have you by the short and curleys and there isn't a thing you can do about it...

It's a complete joke to be honest, and at present Armagh is like rats escaping a sinking ship, with everyone jumping to Vodafone!!!!!!

tbrick18

Draperstown similar recently, but I've been told it's because thieves are stealing copper from the masts!

Abble

Good lad Candyman. thanks.
It's just a pity O2 couldn't have just told me that (business reasons no doubt!). If i knew the service would return to how it was I'd have no qualms.
BUT if it was to continue for God knows how long, then I'm freeg'd. basically I'd have to buy my way out

BenDover

Suck it up and dig deep into your pockets, you were being robbed for that Nokia anyway. Have noticed the network issues myself lately which have been a pain in the proverbials!
Candyman - why is Vodafone the chosen new provider? Can you fiddle a nice calls/texts/data package?

AQMP

O2 has coverage problems in Fermanagh as well.

Candyman

Quote from: BenDover on December 14, 2011, 03:38:40 PM
Suck it up and dig deep into your pockets, you were being robbed for that Nokia anyway. Have noticed the network issues myself lately which have been a pain in the proverbials!
Candyman - why is Vodafone the chosen new provider? Can you fiddle a nice calls/texts/data package?
"fiddle"?? tut tut  :o

Candyman