DUP call for death penalty

Started by ziggysego, November 10, 2011, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 10, 2011, 05:53:10 PM
Some people have been watching too much CSI (which is really a sci-fi show since so much of the technology they use doesn't actually exist) where the detectives always get their man using the supposed silver bullet of forensic evidence. The real world is a bit different. It was state-of-the-art forensic evidence that was used to convict the Birmingham Six. It took years to figure out that the same substance on their fingers came from something as innocent as playing cards and not explosives.  If they'd been executed they would have never been able to hear their exonerations.

Actually afaik they knew about this at the time, the convections were just to appease the public, and if the death penalty was inforce the judge would have used it.
Tbc....

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2011, 10:37:13 PM
The US executed Aileen Wournos even though she was insane . She passed a sanity test
the day before this film was taken. It is very sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yFBcjII3QAE

Sad?  She still killed 7 men and deserved her sentence. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2011, 09:00:01 AM
The US executed Aileen Wournos even though she was insane . She passed a sanity test

The law says the condemned can't be executed if insane.
She deserved to spend the rest of her life in prison.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2011, 09:48:07 AM

As you said though, she passed a sanity test and the 3 pyschiatrists involved deemed her fit to be executed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2011, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2011, 09:48:07 AM

As you said though, she passed a sanity test and the 3 pyschiatrists involved deemed her fit to be executed.

Did you see the video? The sanity test was like a EZ bank stress test. 

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2011, 10:48:04 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 10, 2011, 03:49:55 PM
Hang 'em , shoot 'em ,etc has never stopped crime yet .
It's only a basis to satisfy the bloodlust of Right wing simple minded nutters.

Liberal arseholes like yourself make me puke, if your kid was raped you would probably keep the same ideals, in short you will always protect the scum of society, you are beyond hope.

This has nothing to do with liberal or conservative, it is about common decency and how important it is to protect the children of society.
The feeling is more than mutual buck.  >:(
Your extremist bitter philosophy has never worked and never will in eradicating crimes.

I prefer to try and live up to the ideals promulgated by that Chap who roamed around Palestine around 2,000 years ago. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Groucho

Why no death penalty here :o

A U.S. soldier has been convicted on charges involving the random murders of three unarmed Afghan civilians last year.

Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs was found guilty Thursday by a military jury after a weeklong court martial at an Army post in Washington state.  The 26-year-old soldier was sentenced to life in prison, but is eligible for parole after serving at least eight years. :o :o :o :o

Prosecutors said Gibbs led a five-member rogue U.S. army unit, described as a "kill team."  The charges against him ranged from murder to chopping fingers off victims to keep as trophies. 

His victims included a 15-year-old unarmed boy -- picked at random in a field and shot.  Soldiers posed with the boy's body for photos. 

Gibbs pled not guilty, while three other members of the unit admitted guilt and received more lenient sentences.  Two of them testified against him during the court martial, while the fifth soldier is awaiting trial.

The atrocities were exposed during a probe of drug abuse and other offenses in Gibbs' 5th Stryker Brigade unit.  Gibbs was found guilty of beating a fellow soldier who reported the drug use to his superiors. 

The crimes are considered among the worst atrocities during the decade-long war in Afghanistan.

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2011, 12:38:14 PM

Liberal arseholes like yourself make me puke, if your kid was raped you would probably keep the same ideals, in short you will always protect the scum of society, you are beyond hope.

This has nothing to do with liberal or conservative, it is about common decency and how important it is to protect the children of society.
Your extremist bitter philosophy has never worked and never will in eradicating crimes.

I prefer to try and live up to the ideals promulgated by that Chap who roamed around Palestine around 2,000 years ago. ;)

Good for you, an eye for an eye and all that.

the only thing I am bitter about is the AIF of 03 and the fact the brits are still in six counties of Ireland, that's it.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on November 11, 2011, 04:38:30 PM

the only thing I am bitter about is the AIF of 03 and the fact the brits are still in six counties of Ireland, that's it.

and liberals . sometimes

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Bet he was just the Ming of his day and the whole story got out of control on one wacky trip man.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rossfan

[/quote]

An eye for an eye was the philosophy of your Old Testamnet Jewish buddies. Also that makes everyone blind.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Groucho

Quote from: Groucho on November 11, 2011, 01:44:17 PM
Why no death penalty here :o

A U.S. soldier has been convicted on charges involving the random murders of three unarmed Afghan civilians last year.

Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs was found guilty Thursday by a military jury after a weeklong court martial at an Army post in Washington state.  The 26-year-old soldier was sentenced to life in prison, but is eligible for parole after serving at least eight years. :o :o :o :o

Prosecutors said Gibbs led a five-member rogue U.S. army unit, described as a "kill team."  The charges against him ranged from murder to chopping fingers off victims to keep as trophies. 

His victims included a 15-year-old unarmed boy -- picked at random in a field and shot.  Soldiers posed with the boy's body for photos. 

Gibbs pled not guilty, while three other members of the unit admitted guilt and received more lenient sentences.  Two of them testified against him during the court martial, while the fifth soldier is awaiting trial.

The atrocities were exposed during a probe of drug abuse and other offenses in Gibbs' 5th Stryker Brigade unit.  Gibbs was found guilty of beating a fellow soldier who reported the drug use to his superiors. 

The crimes are considered among the worst atrocities during the decade-long war in Afghanistan.

Nice side step by all..... :o :o :o :o :o :o
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

ardal

Yeah? You support the death penalty. I think you should be bitter about your lack of humanity, intelligence, objectivity, neutrality. I'm so glad you had no say for the Hills, McGuire's etc of this world.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well this thread seems to have died a death!
Tbc....

omagh_gael

i think this is a grand scheme by the DUP to cause friction in the GAA community. It clearly has worked. The sneaky bastards.