British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaaman2016

As a Loughinisland man I found todays Irish News deeply disturbing. Some of the revelation that are disclosed in the upcoming documentary made me think how could something like this happen in the latter end of the 20th Century and today's revelations no one seems to have batted an eyelid.

Just because it happened in Northern Ireland, doesn't mean it should be treated any differently . Imagine something like this happened in England?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: gaaman2016 on November 02, 2017, 08:56:04 PM
As a Loughinisland man I found todays Irish News deeply disturbing. Some of the revelation that are disclosed in the upcoming documentary made me think how could something like this happen in the latter end of the 20th Century and today's revelations no one seems to have batted an eyelid.

Just because it happened in Northern Ireland, doesn't mean it should be treated any differently . Imagine something like this happened in England?

The historical enquires team was disbanded because of "lack of funding".  Very convenient,  coupled with the need for DUP to agree to any future enquires on the past.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 18, 2016, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: GJL on June 17, 2016, 11:01:48 PM
Done it the other day. She is an old fashioned, stuck up traditional tory. Vile bitch.
What Tory isn't vile?

Tory Island !!!!

BennyCake

Nobody batted an eyelid because nobody is surprised. New details, and you sit and shake the head in disbelief of the things that went on. I can't imagine what these families are going through.

Each case will be deliberately batted away, and eventually there will be nobody alive to continue fighting. And eventually this HET won't even exist and the families will all be told to move on and stop living in the past.

Absolutely rotten to the core.

Oraisteach

What revelations about Loughinisland did the Irish News make today, and what's the name of the upcoming documentary?   I read Lethal Allies, and it was very disturbing.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: BennyCake on November 03, 2017, 12:58:20 AM
Nobody batted an eyelid because nobody is surprised. New details, and you sit and shake the head in disbelief of the things that went on. I can't imagine what these families are going through.

Each case will be deliberately batted away, and eventually there will be nobody alive to continue fighting. And eventually this HET won't even exist and the families will all be told to move on and stop living in the past.

Absolutely rotten to the core.

Well this is exactly what is happening. You only have to look at bloody sunday, a number of the soldiers in question are already dead so Im guessing as soon as the last guilty one drops we will miraculously find out some more details at which point nothing can actually be done.
I got quite angry the other day listening to Doug Beattie on the radio, Doug being from the very liberal wing of the UUP and someone who usually talks some sense. He decided  in response to the ILA (and equality) rant about SF and the IRA and the murders over the troubles and how SF deny equality to others when it suits. What any of this had to do with ILA I have no idea other than his tenuous equality link of course the former Seargent Major would have very little to say about all the wrongs carried out by the very people who were actually sent to protect the civillians. Only yesterday on asking for help for Nairacs body to be recovered did he call him a 'brave'man - a man whose name is linked to a whole number of collusion allegations. The UUP seem to be trying to out flank the TUV post election melt down - that will work, NOT.

gaaman2016

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 03, 2017, 01:51:33 AM
What revelations about Loughinisland did the Irish News make today, and what's the name of the upcoming documentary?   I read Lethal Allies, and it was very disturbing.

Documentary is called "No Stone Unturned" and is in cinemas next Friday

According to the Irish News, the documentary alleges
-One of the gang was a Special Branch Informant
-Informant told Special Branch when and where the attack would take place
-On the day of the attack, Informant told Special Branch attack was off due to mechanical issues with getaway car
-A women who was a civilian RUC worker twice informed the RUC that her husband was the shooter and informed the RUC who the other two members of the gang where.

Oraisteach

Over the Bar

You get a sense that  the deadlock at Stormont suits the British establishment very well since it puts historical inquiries on the back burner for a bit longer.

WT4E

Quote from: gaaman2016 on November 03, 2017, 08:54:18 AM

-On the day of the attack, Informant told Special Branch attack was off due to mechanical issues with getaway car
-A women who was a civilian RUC worker twice informed the RUC that her husband was the shooter and informed the RUC who the other two members of the gang where.

Does anyone know if/when this is available on DVD?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 03, 2017, 09:01:40 PM
You get a sense that  the deadlock at Stormont suits the British establishment very well since it puts historical inquiries on the back burner for a bit longer.

The deadlock suits them all because none of them want to be seen to concede an inch. That's what you get when you strip away the middleground and leave you with the extremists on each side
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 09, 2017, 08:18:48 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on November 03, 2017, 09:01:40 PM

The deadlock suits them all because none of them want to be seen to concede an inch. That's what you get when you strip away the middleground and leave you with the extremists on each side

The other view is that you have Unionist Supremacists on one side and those who refuse to accept Unionist Supremacy on the other. 

FL/MAYO

Quote from: gaaman2016 on November 03, 2017, 08:54:18 AM

I watched the documentary last night. They named the gang members and also have video footage of the shooter working in West Belfast. The shooter was an informer hence the attempted cover up.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

FL/MAYO