Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2018, 11:56:42 PM
All you did was move the files onto an SD card?

Yeah. Not all of them are corrupted either, but most are

gallsman

What happens if you move them back?

How old is the phone?

macdanger2

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 12:05:53 AM
What happens if you move them back?

How old is the phone?

Haven't tried moving them back to the phone actually, will give that a go. Phone is ~6 months old

armaghniac

There are SD Card scan apps that can find lost files and the like on SD cards. One of these might be worth a try.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FermGael

Looks like my oneplus3 has bit the dust.
Any recommendations ?
Was looking at the Xiaomi Mi 8.
Any one any experience of Xiaomi's and getting one ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

gallsman

Quote from: FermGael on September 16, 2018, 12:58:04 PM
Any recommendations ?

If you like OnePlus the new ones are incredible and the 6T will be coming shortly. They've got pricier though.

A budget option is the new Pocophone they is being touted as a OnePlus challenger.

The Motorola G series are always good budget phones too.

laoislad

I've the Motorola G6 and it's a great phone.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

I got a new fairly basic Samsung contract phone in June, it's now saying my memory is near full (16gb), how the f**k could that be??? I've done the file clearing and App uninstalling, something I'm missing?? Only thing I can think of is the mp3 player on it, i was using a YouTube converter link for it, but theres only only 20 odd songs on it. Not insured either.

gallsman

16gb is nothing these days. The operating system probably takes up close to half of that.

Taylor

Quote from: bennydorano on October 05, 2018, 10:16:50 AM
I got a new fairly basic Samsung contract phone in June, it's now saying my memory is near full (16gb), how the f**k could that be??? I've done the file clearing and App uninstalling, something I'm missing?? Only thing I can think of is the mp3 player on it, i was using a YouTube converter link for it, but theres only only 20 odd songs on it. Not insured either.

Same - its an absolute nightmare.
Spend my time clearing things and have almost no apps on the phone.

Waste of time.

Dont even think you can add memory to the phone  ::)

Stall the Bailer

If you get a lot of photos and videos through WhatsApp these will be stored on your phone and will take up a lot of space.

Boycey

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 05, 2018, 10:45:57 AM
If you get a lot of photos and videos through WhatsApp these will be stored on your phone and will take up a lot of space.

You can turn that storage of in WhatsApp I think...

As stated above 16gb is feck all nowadays but there is a way to claw back a couple of gb regularly.. If you know the passwords to your social media accounts simply delete the apps and reinstall this will remove all the crap that's built up in the app, Everytime you update it adds to the size of the app

In iOS I think you have to delete and reinstall but in Android you can go into settings>storage and go down though each app. I have plenty of free space anyway but gained 3gb there by clearing storage and cache from Facebook, Snapchat and spotify. Remember be sure you know passwords before you clear storage, cache can be removed anyway.

gallsman

You don't even need to do that, just go into the individual apps in settings and clear their caches.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on October 05, 2018, 11:12:50 AM
You don't even need to do that, just go into the individual apps in settings and clear their caches.

Some apps seem to storage intensive, some cache intensive. No harm doing both.

How's Root going for u?

take_yer_points

Quote from: gallsman on September 16, 2018, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: FermGael on September 16, 2018, 12:58:04 PM
Any recommendations ?

If you like OnePlus the new ones are incredible and the 6T will be coming shortly. They've got pricier though.

A budget option is the new Pocophone they is being touted as a OnePlus challenger.

The Motorola G series are always good budget phones too.

I had a OnePlus 2 and upgraded to the 5T earlier in the year. Brilliant phone