Six Nations 2012

Started by Karl Kennedy, July 09, 2011, 09:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

This is some slaughter. Haven't seen an irish pack bullied like this in a long time

bennydorano

When will players learn to keep their bakes shut pre-game.  Free motivation for England.

Capt Pat

No complaints today really, but we made way too many mistakes. Darcy shouldn't have been playing on current form. The ref gave a few bad decisionns against us as well and the scrum got demolished but it was our own stupid mistakes from start to finish that did us in.

PS. I completely disagree with the way the scrum is given too much importance by the refs. I don't understand why England deserve to get a free three points at the start of the game. The rules simply allow a stronger scrum to convert a scrum into a penalty which is not quite fair.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 17, 2012, 07:03:50 PM
No complaints today really, but we made way too many mistakes. Darcy shouldn't have been playing on current form. The ref gave a few bad decisionns against us as well and the scrum got demolished but it was our own stupid mistakes from start to finish that did us in.

PS. I completely disagree with the way the scrum is given too much importance by the refs. I don't understand why England deserve to get a free three points at the start of the game. The rules simply allow a stronger scrum to convert a scrum into a penalty which is not quite fair.

Watch rugby league then!

Ireland were a shambles, Kidney has run his course.
#newbridgeornowhere

Celt_Man

Embarassing....

Scum was a disaster, humaliating in that second half.... 

I know all my other comments are based on with a scum in full retreat but - O'Leary was shocking when he came, barely done anything right...

D'arcy is gone and O'Callaghan not far behind him - Ryan has to start. end of discussion on that matter....

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

What are those players there for. They have run their course and given great service but it is time to build towards the next world cup.

GalwayBayBoy

Probably the worst Ireland performance since the 90's. The scrum was an utter embarrassment and unfortunately for Ireland it was a wet day and greasy ball which led to loads of scrums. England didn't have to do much bar keep scrummaging to win the game easily.

Kidney needs a boot up the hole. Persisting with O'Leary who is barely AIL standard anymore and Darcy who despite being a great servant is now so far over the hill it's actually unfair to keep putting him out there. Kidney won't change though so get rid.

Oak Leafer

Slightly off topic following this evenings disappointing game, but could some of the more knowledgeable Irish rugby fans let me know who they think is the next big Irish Rugby Union Star?

Bord na Mona man

Probably the worst Irish scrummaging performance since Twickenham in 1986 when England bulldozed over a couple of pushover tries from the '22.

I'd say it's game over for Kidney. The ultra-conservatism is starting to bite. If he's left in charge, the average age of the team will increase one year for every year he's left there. A couple of years back Munster were left with a team crammed with over 30s and in serious need of rebuilding.

Some of the Irish players might regret the remarks they made about England during the week. The best thing to do is let your performances do the talking.

Celt_Man

Thought something had happened alright in that first half... I reckon the Ref knew something was up too

QuoteThe one sour note for England was an allegation of biting made by Ireland against an unnamed player which could, if proven, have serious ramifications.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2012/0317/ireland_england_sixnations_report.html
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 17, 2012, 09:11:27 PM
Thought something had happened alright in that first half... I reckon the Ref knew something was up too

QuoteThe one sour note for England was an allegation of biting made by Ireland against an unnamed player which could, if proven, have serious ramifications.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2012/0317/ireland_england_sixnations_report.html

Bet any money it's Hartley.

under the bar

Well done  England on gaining common-wealth sports & olympic games advantage by granting british citizenship to the best atheletes from 3rd world ex-empire nations.  Ireland to follow!

orangeman

Not good form from whoever is responsible.

oakleafgael

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 17, 2012, 09:13:17 PM

Bet any money it's Hartley.

It was, he is a nut job. Bite on DOC. Could be looking at a long ban if they find evidence with his past form.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Oak Leafer on March 17, 2012, 08:27:49 PM
Slightly off topic following this evenings disappointing game, but could some of the more knowledgeable Irish rugby fans let me know who they think is the next big Irish Rugby Union Star?

Luke McGrath scrum half leinster. He's perfect.