Twitter...Who do you follow?

Started by Dave, May 06, 2011, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Who do you follow?
Only just joined and wondered who people like to follow.
Is it all just dumb celebs talking crap or is there anyone interesting worth following?

Bingo

Footballers - LFC players, Ferdinand (self proclaimed king of twiiter), Rooney, Cesc, Wilshere, Roobie Savage. They all fairly bland - ferdinand and Savage about the best. Robbie Fowler has joined and is decent - he put on his famous Cup Final suit the other night and posted a picture.

Golfers - Westwood, McElroy, Poulter, Donald etc be all active on it.

Rugby - Kearney, Bowe and O'Driscoll post a bit.

Journo's - general decent to follow and pick the ones that you normally have interest in. They do promote themselves alot.

Big Sam is a must - a paradoy of Sam Alldedyce. Thinks call TheBig_Sam. Plenty of these comedy ones on the go.

Sky news girls - obviously!

Its endless really but plenty for your own interests.

DoireGael

paco

Quote from: Bingo on May 06, 2011, 12:39:36 PM
Footballers - LFC players, Ferdinand (self proclaimed king of twiiter), Rooney, Cesc, Wilshere, Roobie Savage. They all fairly bland - ferdinand and Savage about the best. Robbie Fowler has joined and is decent - he put on his famous Cup Final suit the other night and posted a picture.

Golfers - Westwood, McElroy, Poulter, Donald etc be all active on it.

Rugby - Kearney, Bowe and O'Driscoll post a bit.

Journo's - general decent to follow and pick the ones that you normally have interest in. They do promote themselves alot.

Big Sam is a must - a paradoy of Sam Alldedyce. Thinks call TheBig_Sam. Plenty of these comedy ones on the go.

Sky news girls - obviously!

Its endless really but plenty for your own interests.

Definitely. Absolutely hilarious! Not sure what their names are, but type Woy Hodgson into the search bar and Dimitar Berbatov, 2 fake accounts that I found funny. Not a patch on Big Sam though.

Tony Baloney

Is always plenty of banter with the golfers, especially Poulter and McIlroy - some of the stuff cuts to the bone. Also follow Westwood, GMAC and Luke Donald.

Flintoff, Darren Gough, Des Kelly (sports journo), Matt Dawson, Prof Brian Cox, Shane Warne (no pics of Liz as yet!), Dara O'Briain, Dermot O'Learny, Jimmy Carr (just posts jokes!), Chris Evans, Simon Pegg, BBC Breaking, engadget, James Cracknell, Wossy etc.

Overthebar!

fairly addictive alirght. O'Gara now trying to get more followers than BOD but can't see it
Piers morgan is a p***k, him and the utd players have a nice wee 'rivalry' going.
I am determined to get a reaction out of him sometime. few boys I know got a reaction out of lee dixon, jermaine beckford and wayne mccullough on it. was pretty funny

Minder

Think Twittet is a great job, I was very wary of "social media" but I believe it was ONeill that set me on the right path as I thought Facebook was the biggest pile of inane shite, he said you can control what reaches you so from that regard Twitter is good. I follow quite a few football journalists, Tony Barrett Times, Phil McNulty, Sid Lowe,Rory Smith, Oliver Kay Times, Guillem Balague and then  Eamonn Mallie, Guardian News, BBC Breaking news, Louis Theroux, Tony Parsons, Des Kelly, Engadget, Stuff Tv, Adam Schefter, Matt Williamson, Ross Tucker (NFL journalists for ESPN), Mike Tyson, Ian Poulter, Graeme McDowell, "**** of the day", Charlie Brooker, David Schneider.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Olly

Graham Norton, Brian Dowling, Stephen Fry, Will Young, Graeme le Saux, Freddie Ljungberg, Alex Attwood, Stephen Nolan, Elton John, KD Lang, Carl Lewis, Billy Jean King, Navratilova and Fr McCann.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

5 Sams

Quote from: Olly on May 06, 2011, 01:49:54 PM
Graham Norton, Brian Dowling, Stephen Fry, Will Young, Graeme le Saux, Freddie Ljungberg, Alex Attwood, Stephen Nolan, Elton John, KD Lang, Carl Lewis, Billy Jean King, Navratilova and Fr McCann.

:D :D
The Aristocrat Years

fitzroyalty

Cullyhanna and Armagh heart-throb Ciaran McKeever occasionally tweets - worth following...

Joxer

There is a Rooney spoof also - Kai Wayne. Some laugh!

ziggysego

The Eamonn Mallie spoof is good craic - EamonnWallie
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Anyone think that Twitter actually works better on mobile devices rather than on a PC? In that it's far easier to read.

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 06, 2011, 02:57:05 PM
Anyone think that Twitter actually works better on mobile devices rather than on a PC? In that it's far easier to read.
It does, I have maybe accessed it once on my laptop.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bamboo

Only joined the tweeting brigade last week but enjoy it so far. So easy to unfollow people that you get sick off/tweet to much ie SkySports. My whole page was full of SkySports news at times.

I follow a few of the guys mentioned above inc. footballers, golfers etc along with a few of the horseracing crew. Also follow Mumford and Sons and they tweeted late on Monday night about a gig they're doing in London next week and only for that i would have missed out on tickets as they went on sale on tuesday morning. There was no mention of it on their facebook page so Twitter has already served its purpose in that sense.

I find it far simpler to read on the iphone rather than the laptop, even if my laptop is on i'll check it via iphone.