Government apologises over Majella O'Hare killing

Started by pintsofguinness, March 28, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

The sad thing is your sitting in front of your computer screen laughing at your previous post thinking that you have just gained the high moral ground.
I agree with your original post to a degree but because its from you and your past history i know your only on here trying to win points on the back of this tragedy.
Id sooner have the sewer rats from callcutta than anything that comes from you.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 29, 2011, 01:18:06 PM
Quote from: unitedireland on March 29, 2011, 12:08:58 PM
Point taken it may not have been appropriate to mention my dislikes but will the guy get jail this was meant to be the key issue.
It was your comment - 'And people wonder why we don't like the Brits' - which brought me into this discussion. If a Daily Mail writer was to voice a similar opinion - 'And people wonder why we don't like the Irish' -in response to an IRA murder of 35 years ago, there would be outraged screams on here, mostly from the same people who have been spewing out a load of personal abuse on this thread. People who use the death of a child to promote their own brand of ethnic bigotry should hang their heads in shame.

In my opinion, that is exactly what you are doing.

Unfortunate that the thread has taken this particular route. Have you achieved what you set out to do?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Myles Na G.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 29, 2011, 01:32:20 PM
Point taken it may not have been appropriate to mention my dislikes but will the guy get jail this was meant to be the key issue.
It was your comment - 'And people wonder why we don't like the Brits' - which brought me into this discussion. If a Daily Mail writer was to voice a similar opinion - 'And people wonder why we don't like the Irish' -in response to an IRA murder of 35 years ago, there would be outraged screams on here, mostly from the same people who have been spewing out a load of personal abuse on this thread. People who use the death of a child to promote their own brand of ethnic bigotry should hang their heads in shame.

In my opinion, that is exactly what you are doing.Unfortunate that the thread has taken this particular route. Have you achieved what you set out to do?
In what way am I promoting ethnic bigotry? By arguing that the British are / were no worse than the Irish when it comes to committing murder? By arguing that it's wrong to condemn a people because of the actions of an individual or a small group? How does that promote bigotry? Serious question.

deiseach

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 29, 2011, 01:44:04 PM
In what way am I promoting ethnic bigotry? By arguing that the British are / were no worse than the Irish when it comes to committing murder? By arguing that it's wrong to condemn a people because of the actions of an individual or a small group? How does that promote bigotry? Serious question.

Because what makes this case different is the cover-up. The O'Hares were entitled to expect justice as equal citizens of the United Kingdom. Instead they were told that it would be an appalling vista that a soldier could ever commit murder. Quite apart from the IRA having no right to murder Maurice Gibson, they denied us any opportunity to see that symbol of the level to which British justice was corrupted exposed to public ridicule.

fitzroyalty

In other words you couldn't wait to run your mouth off, not that I would class the original so-called 'provocative' comment as anti-British bigotry in the first place. For a start, he (I would be quite certain) was referring to the BA and not the British people in general so your little analogy is way off. Nothing more than whataboutery, the most common trait found among Unionists when it comes to stuff like this. Whatever your accusations about 'political football' by posters on this thread you are certainly no better yourself.  >:(