Cormac Trust & Pieta House Golf Classic.

Started by Bud Wiser, January 22, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: heffo on January 28, 2011, 11:26:53 AM
Well done to Bud & MS on their work so far on this - the ad looks great

agree as well.

all the very best with this guys
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Billys Boots

Best of luck tomorrow lads, I'll be there in spirit - hopefully will manage to get rid of commitments for the May weekend.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

the Deel Rover

great stuff lads hope ye have a great day out tomorrow . like Billly hope to make it to the big one in may like i said before can't hit a balll but i could caddy for some one
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

heffo

Great day was had by all - I didn't stick around for the Steak as I'm running to Parnell pk, but there were sixty out today playing golf.

Fair play to Bud, Magpie Seanie, Conal Keaney & Avon Rí for all their efforts and hopefully the time sheets for the two days in May will fill out.

Bud Wiser

I learned a hard lesson yesterday Heffo, and first thing I have to do is apologise for not being able to spend the time I should have with yourself and Muppet and Magpie Seannie, I really am sorry and it got to the stage where poor Mag's after coming all the way from Sligo and then back to Avon Ri must have been asking himself what kind of a person am I at all.

By half past three this morning everyone thought it was great but thats not how it looked to me and apart from the problems before the game.  We had penciled in some starting times for 10.30am so when the all clear was given at 12pm I had 60 golfers all descending on the first tee box to try and get home before dark at 5pm.  Pure mayhem. Why?  Because the clown in PGA refused to let us do a shotgun start from the 1st and 10th, until a lot of trouble had been caused and then he allowed it 30 minutes later when it was too late. The music started at 9pm with Fairly Lively and we had a Johnny Cash band called A Band Named Sue.  It ended up at around 3.30am with anyone who could play a guitar or banjo by holding it at either end on stage for a Live Mike hour.  This end of things was great craic altogether but all in all I deserved a slap on the knuckles. Lesson learned as they say.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Sounded like a great night.

It ended up at around 3.30am with anyone who could play a guitar or banjo by holding it at either end on stage for a Live Mike hour.

magpie seanie

Bud, I had a great day and really enjoyed the craic. I've organised a few things myself and I know what it takes and didn't expect you to be babysitting the likes of me all day! You were more than generous with your time and looked after us all very well. We had a good chat early on about the big event which filled in a few gaps for me in what we need to be doing in the weeks to come. Enjoyed the meal, unfortunately I missed out on what seems to have been a good session. That will be rectified in May hopefully. I've a couple of teams guaranteed already.

Really enjoyed the game of golf in the company of Heffo and Muppet. Two sound lads. Its a funny little setup this DB but most folk I've met off it are A1. Despite none of us being regular golfers the scramble format meant we all contributed and I think we were not a million miles away from a prize! The course was good too, nice to have played it. Left a few golf balls after me including a few sitting on top of he ice in the middle of lakes! Weird!

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 30, 2011, 10:03:39 PM
Bud, I had a great day and really enjoyed the craic. I've organised a few things myself and I know what it takes and didn't expect you to be babysitting the likes of me all day! You were more than generous with your time and looked after us all very well. We had a good chat early on about the big event which filled in a few gaps for me in what we need to be doing in the weeks to come. Enjoyed the meal, unfortunately I missed out on what seems to have been a good session. That will be rectified in May hopefully. I've a couple of teams guaranteed already.

Really enjoyed the game of golf in the company of Heffo and Muppet. Two sound lads. Its a funny little setup this DB but most folk I've met off it are A1. Despite none of us being regular golfers the scramble format meant we all contributed and I think we were not a million miles away from a prize! The course was good too, nice to have played it. Left a few golf balls after me including a few sitting on top of he ice in the middle of lakes! Weird!

Yes I held the flag a few times.

Despite my awful golf it was a very enjoyable day out with the two lads and a mate of Seanie's. Missed the dinner (apologies Bud) but will rectify that the next time. I hope to have a team or two playing on the Friday and I plan to stay overnight so the pints will be flowing.
MWWSI 2017

Bud Wiser

Thanks. I hope we get better weather in May.  I forget as to who said I should put up a few packages offering the different elements of the two day event.  We settled on charging just €50 per game.  I will get prices from B&B's, Tulfarris Hotel and of course Avon Ri and put all the different packages together this week and put them along with a few pics of yesterday on the website.  Thanks again lads.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Hi Lads and Lassies,

I posted a few details about last Saturday here including a few pictures and the results.

http://www.avonrigolf.com/contact.html

AZOffaly

Hey Bud,

Anything I can do? When/How will we start entering teams for the thing in May?

Bud Wiser

Im gonna go over to Tulfarris tomorrow to see what packages they have to offer for accommodation. Avon Ri are helping but we don't want to bve seen to hog the whole thing.  What I will do then is I will revamp the website by the following means:

I will put up all the alternative packages on the website, for example:

One days golf at South County only with no accommodation.
One days golf at S.C with accommodation at Avon Ri
One days Golf at SC with Accommodation at Tulfarris (if you select this I will organise that your booking goes straight there)

Then I will have one days at Tulfarris etc

Then two days etc.

Meals, etc etc etc,

While I am building the page I will password protect it and I will give yourself AZ, Muppet, Magpie and Heffo a password.  Then we can release the bookingv page to coincide with the Dubs first game in Croke Park when the add will appear in the program.

What do ye think of that?

I am taking a break from it 'till next Monday though other than getting prices. I had a right few clowns to deal with on Saturday, one for example shouting and roaring that he was special and wanted to get on the tee box before everybody or his money back and another who unbelievably turned up with a torn piece of paper that offered a free round of golf at PGA. He then decided not to play and wanted cash back instead of the useless voucher - and drove all the way from PGA to Blessington to demand it !!!  I doubt very much if we will have repeats of this type of carry on given that what we are doing is for two worthy charities.  Needless to say, none of the messers were from the GAA board here but I have to say this to get it out of my system. 

muppet

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 03, 2011, 05:35:36 PM
Im gonna go over to Tulfarris tomorrow to see what packages they have to offer for accommodation. Avon Ri are helping but we don't want to bve seen to hog the whole thing.  What I will do then is I will revamp the website by the following means:

I will put up all the alternative packages on the website, for example:

One days golf at South County only with no accommodation.
One days golf at S.C with accommodation at Avon Ri
One days Golf at SC with Accommodation at Tulfarris (if you select this I will organise that your booking goes straight there)

Then I will have one days at Tulfarris etc

Then two days etc.

Meals, etc etc etc,

While I am building the page I will password protect it and I will give yourself AZ, Muppet, Magpie and Heffo a password.  Then we can release the bookingv page to coincide with the Dubs first game in Croke Park when the add will appear in the program.

What do ye think of that?

I am taking a break from it 'till next Monday though other than getting prices. I had a right few clowns to deal with on Saturday, one for example shouting and roaring that he was special and wanted to get on the tee box before everybody or his money back and another who unbelievably turned up with a torn piece of paper that offered a free round of golf at PGA. He then decided not to play and wanted cash back instead of the useless voucher - and drove all the way from PGA to Blessington to demand it !!!  I doubt very much if we will have repeats of this type of carry on given that what we are doing is for two worthy charities.  Needless to say, none of the messers were from the GAA board here but I have to say this to get it out of my system.

That was Jean Clause Trichet.
MWWSI 2017

Bud Wiser

OK Ladies & Gentlemen.

I have revamped the website www.avonrigolf.com a bit now to make it all easier.  There is no longer need to explain in detail what we are about.
Please remember the charities concerned in all of this and consider the work they do so it is not all about golf. 

Please, please, please make your booking as early as possible. This will make a big difference and be a great help to all of us.

All contributions will be fully acknowledged and every single payment will be openly accounted for. 

As you will see on the website, entry fees are set as low as €50 and that represents incredible value so start clicking now.

If you already sent an enquiry on the old booking form please send it again now.  This is a fresh clean Tee Time Application so register now.

Thanks.
www.avonrigolf.com

AZOffaly

Bud, what about people who don't have an official handicap? I don't have one, and I'm sure quite a few of the casual golfers won't have one either.