Free Cheese

Started by 5 Sams, November 05, 2010, 10:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Will people be handed out Vouchers with their dole for cheese and will it become currency like the Butter Vouchers did all those years ago? 

Never understood how that worked.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gerrykeegan

In a previous job, there were four girls who did nothing all except count butter vouchers, they were always in good form and I couldn't fathom it out.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Bogball XV

Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2010, 11:38:18 AM
The EEC beef was good stuff as well.

The butter wrecked a load of arteries.

Glad to get back to Flora.

http://www.stop-trans-fat.com/butter-v-margarine.html

muppet

I can't believe it's not butter there're giving out.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: aontroim on November 05, 2010, 10:55:04 AM
I have a vague memory that free cheese was handed out in the North a while back - 10/15yrs ago - to pensioners?  Think there were other handouts in addition to the cheese.

A little earlier than that, if my memory is correct. It was during the 80s. I think the free cheese was distributed by the Post Office.
Testing Accessibility

gerry

Poor joe duffy up to his eyes today with it.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

boojangles

'If they haven't got bread let them eat Cheese'

Hardy

Cheeses! They cheddar thrown in a bottle of wine as well. It's the least they gouda done.

Capt Pat

I can understand the point of free cheese but what was the point of free butter. At least you can just eat the cheese. You can't eat butter on its own.

muppet

Let them eat Cheesecake!
MWWSI 2017

gerry

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2010, 03:21:56 PM
I can understand the point of free cheese but what was the point of free butter. At least you can just eat the cheese. You can't eat butter on its own.

People where saying that most people would use butter but would not use cheese everyday..
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

OverTheBlackSpot

Would this be classed as Free Derry ? ;D

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on November 05, 2010, 11:49:29 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2010, 11:38:18 AM
The EEC beef was good stuff as well.

The butter wrecked a load of arteries.

Glad to get back to Flora.

Please tell me you don't commit the mortal sin of Ireland and put flora on boiled spuds?

Relax. EEC butter went on the spuds. Flora for the bread.

mylestheslasher

All joking aside. The notion of free food of one sort of another for poorer people has been ongoing in Ireland for ages, this is nothing new. What we got today was an idiotic minister (the brainless Brendan Smith) making an announcement implying that this was something new, a fantastic new give away from the government! I don't know if that is the most depressing thing or whether it is the idea that Smith can see nothing wrong with following up on announcements of huge cuts and higher tax (totaling 6bn) by offering poor people free cheese.

Bogball XV