Your favourite music moment in the 6 counties

Started by T Fearon, September 27, 2010, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 27, 2010, 05:45:49 PM
energy106

Energy 106 the only station with a heart...we keep it in a fridge down the hall!

Fcuk that was a ball of sh1t!

stibhan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-qHZRkFkWU

they cut out the part where they actually came out to surprise her--noel edmonds just told her to play and they came out.

Nally Stand

Frances Black in Casement Park singing 'Something Inside So Strong' with the full stadium singing alongside her during the rally for the 25th Anniversary of the Hunger Strike. Hardly a contender in a Belfast Telegraph competition but still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up thinking about the atmosphere during it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: glens abu on September 27, 2010, 03:04:22 PM
Had to be "Something inside so Strong "when Big G regained the west
There is something wrong with you. Seek professional help immediately.

Hereiam

This is a no brainer. It has to be the mystical sound of the sash been poetically played though Omagh Town one night by one of them talented pipe bands.

gerry

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 27, 2010, 04:23:16 PM
Not in the category of 'Favourite' song but the one I will never ever forget is when Juliet Turner sang the song Broken Things during the peace rally following the Omagh bomb. The most emotional public moment I have ever experienced.
+1
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Orior

On a warm summer evening, while you're stooking the last few bales of hay and chewing on a straw, the sound of the lambegs from 1 or 2 mile away is rather pleasant.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J OGorman

1994 Ulster Hall: Joyrider, Ash & Therapy? What a night, which included Jake Burns joining Cairns n co on stage for a blistering version of Alternative Ulster

Maguire01

Quote from: J OGorman on September 27, 2010, 09:22:00 PM
1994 Ulster Hall: Joyrider, Ash & Therapy? What a night, which included Jake Burns joining Cairns n co on stage for a blistering version of Alternative Ulster
I think it was 1995. I saw the same show in The Point - my first ever gig and it was deadly.

charlieTully

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 27, 2010, 08:12:06 PM
Frances Black in Casement Park singing 'Something Inside So Strong' with the full stadium singing alongside her during the rally for the 25th Anniversary of the Hunger Strike. Hardly a contender in a Belfast Telegraph competition but still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up thinking about the atmosphere during it.

your easily pleased.

Shamrock Shore

I cannot comment as the only gig in the seperate broadcasting region I was ever at was last year in the Odyssey but I will await Dougal Maguire's input on this one.

He has a particular fondness for Brian Coll and the Buckaroos. And anyone that sings about Jesus. Can't bate a biha singing about Jesus.

glens abu

Ah unreal and Bik sing "Song for Marcella".That was a very emotional day alright.

glens abu

Quote from: charlieTully on September 28, 2010, 12:03:36 AM

your easily pleased.

What was your big song Charlie,The Mountains of Mourne played where ? :'(

J OGorman

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 27, 2010, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 27, 2010, 09:22:00 PM
I think it was 1995. I saw the same show in The Point - my first ever gig and it was deadly.

minds a bit hazy Maguire! But what a night of music from the north's finest. Yer one Skin from Skunk Anansi (?) also made an appearance and staged dived, fair play to her