Was Cowen badly hungover on the radio this morning?

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 14, 2010, 10:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2010, 09:34:14 AM
You're wrong Zap, but it's not important.

Fair enough maybe she was being honest but if I canvassed you I'd have told you the same.

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on September 18, 2010, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2010, 09:34:14 AM
You're wrong Zap, but it's not important.

Fair enough maybe she was being honest but if I canvassed you I'd have told you the same.
I am shocked Zap, now you are saying that we can't trust a word that comes out of your mouth.

stephenite

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2010, 02:23:10 PM
I said, sorry Jan, I'll probably be voting Cowen #1.

So in a roundabout way you're responsible for the entire country going down the pan? :P

Zapatista

Quote from: Main Street on September 18, 2010, 11:43:41 AM
I am shocked Zap, now you are saying that we can't trust a word that comes out of your mouth.

Ach now that's a little harsh :'(

Bogball XV

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 17, 2010, 10:58:29 PM
Cowen never wanted to be where he is.

Cowen would have preferred the quiet life, a solictor in Offaly, going to football matches and then a few pints over the weekend.

His Dad's death in a car accident in 1984 changed all that and he was thrust in, at the age of 24, to "diffind the sayte". (His accident prolonged the career of CJ Haughey by 8 years)

Cowen is in a hole politically and should stop digging. The country needs a general election to vent steam. I don't care what loons are in charge the nex time - hey, we could get a Michael Lowry majority government, but at least the people will have spoken and this is what the country needs right now.
Are you sure Ber died in an accident, thought it was heart problems myself.
That aside, I don't know that I believe any of the rest of it, i mean he'd just qualified as a solicitor and was working in the uncle's practice, who knows if he'd have liked that or not?  Once he hit the big time he wasn't exactly a shrinking violet, sure he was a minister in absolutely no time and if it was the quiet life he wanted, he could have turned down the portfolio.  From the small amount I know of the man, I think he'd be reasonably likeable, but he should never have been minister for finance and whilst he's a better taoiseach than ahern, he hasn't made much of a job of that either.

ludermor

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0927/breaking28.html

When i saw the headline in the Irish Times i thought Brian Lenihan had turned in Cowan!

muppet

David Davin Power at the 2009 Ard Fheis. Keep watching the guy with the beard near Davin Power's left shoulder. Don't take your eyes off him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elLmrCmOqo&feature=player_embedded
MWWSI 2017

ludermor

That has popped up here a few times, he surely has a conflict of interest with his connections to FF and the fact that he owns one of ireland biggest drain cleaning businesses.

Bogball XV

Only just got round to listening to this - it was rather underwhelming, I don't really know what all the fuss was about at all as he sounded grand to me.
Ffs you used to have a taoiseach who barely string 2 words together in a comprehensible sentence and yet ye loved him, now, poor biffo gets abuse cos he was a wee bit hoarse.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 29, 2010, 02:13:30 PM
Only just got round to listening to this - it was rather underwhelming, I don't really know what all the fuss was about at all as he sounded grand to me.
Ffs you used to have a taoiseach who barely string 2 words together in a comprehensible sentence and yet ye loved him, now, poor biffo gets abuse cos he was a wee bit hoarse.

Maybe it because Cowan is a Culchie!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.