La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

It's back this weekend Barcelona & Real Madrid clear favourites again but should be some battle for Spains number 1

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/la-liga/2010-2011/results/2010_08.html

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Current paddypower odds

La Liga title
Barcelona 8/11
Real Madrid 6/5
Seville 25/1
Atletico  Madrid 33/1
Valencia 50/1

Top Goalscorer
D Villa 4/1
Messi 5/1
C Ronaldo 11/2
Higuain 7/1
Forlan 12/1
Ibrahimovic 14/1
Fabiano 14/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Can't wait! We'll see what Madrid are made of with an away fixture to Mallorca on Sunday, looking forward to seeing Villa, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta playing together.

ross4life

paco

I'll believe it when I see it. These "talks" have been going on for a while and I doubt if Milan could afford him, plus it's highly unlikely he would go out on loan.

gallsman

Quote from: paco on August 26, 2010, 04:48:08 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. These "talks" have been going on for a while and I doubt if Milan could afford him, plus it's highly unlikely he would go out on loan.

Italian transfers (especially those of the big clubs) are always a bit murky. I presume you heard about how Kevin-Prince Boateng arrived there?

Big clubs in Italy, particularly Milan and Inter, have a habit of buying and selling each other's players or former players. Don't be surprised if the deal happens.

paco

I haven't heard of that particular deal Gallsman, although I'll look it up now. I'm hoping the deal does go through, as Bojan was excellent last season any time he got a chance and I'm confident it would be the same this season, doubtful that Ibrahimovic would be happy to be an impact sub. It would also mean more football for Pedro if he left.

paco

Valencia looking good 3-1 up away to Malaga, Aduriz has impressed on his debut, scoring one and setting up another. Interesting to see if Mallorca can continue their brilliant home record from last season when they host Real Madrid tomorrow night, they might struggle having lost 2 of their best players.

ONeill

Great start for Athletic Bilbao.

Gora Bilbao !!!
& the whole Euskadi!

& Aupa Athletic!!!!!!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paco

Ibrahimovic away to Milan on loan, bit surprised at that because his agent (who seems to be a ****) said he wouldn't go out on loan.

ross4life

Quote from: paco on August 28, 2010, 09:21:02 PM
Ibrahimovic away to Milan on loan, bit surprised at that because his agent (who seems to be a ****) said he wouldn't go out on loan.

Well if they get Robinho before the deadline they will have a decent forward line of Ibrahimovic, Pato & Ronaldinho

ross4life

Straight forward win for Barca tonight 3-0 in the end & villa got his debut goal, Real Madrid live now should be a good one

ross4life

Disappointing 0-0 already playing catch up to barca

paco

Quote from: ross4life on August 29, 2010, 09:52:38 PM
Disappointing 0-0 already playing catch up to barca

:) They were awful.

David McKeown

The last 20 minutes saw Real have Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuian, Ozil, and  Khedria on the pitch at the same time. Very unMourinho like team and transfers this summer 
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner