Football V Soccer

Started by 5 Sams, July 11, 2010, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 10:44:29 PM
I dug up my garden and sowed new grass a few weeks back, i can't keep the bloody thing cut it's growing so fast, only thing is parts of it are growing much faster than other parts and is very patchy as a result, anyone know why that would be?

Herpes.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

If youse didn't enjoy watching the world cup final you had the choice of Beaches or Sleepless in Seattle.

Once again it is a tired argument. For every shit Association Football match there is a shit Gaelic Football match. All a matter of opinion.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mac hinery on July 12, 2010, 12:11:56 AM
I dug up my garden and sowed new grass a few weeks back, i can't keep the bloody thing cut it's growing so fast, only thing is parts of it are growing much faster than other parts and is very patchy as a result, anyone know why that would be?

Yes, the neighbours dog is dumping in the patches that are growing faster.  Ask the neighbour to get round and spread the shite out evenly after the mutt has done it's business.

Thanks for the suggestion only the neighbours don't have a dog,unless it's the neighbours wife she is a bit of a dog alright but I doubt she is coming into the garden in the middle of the night and pooing on my garden.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2010, 10:40:45 PM
American Football is shite, Rugby is much better.

Rugby is shite, Soccer is much better.

Soccer is shite, football is much better.

Football is shite, hurling is much better.

I've heard/read all of these statements from time to time, and they are all as pointless as each other.

Yup, each to their own.  I hate these arguments.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 09:26:15 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 08:28:53 PM
I had a nice roast beef for the dinner today.

Was it one of those meat in the bag dinners with instant mash?

Don't know what kind of mush ye eat in Roscommon, this was Mammy Laoislads cooking so it was the best of the best

OY! Not as nice as Mammy Farrandeelin's cooking!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Redhand Santa

Soccer can be boring enough at the best of times but this world cup took it to a new level. Over hyped rubbish.

Mac hinery

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 12, 2010, 07:33:37 AM

Yes, the neighbours dog is dumping in the patches that are growing faster.  Ask the neighbour to get round and spread the shite out evenly after the mutt has done it's business.

Thanks for the suggestion only the neighbours don't have a dog,unless it's the neighbours wife she is a bit of a dog alright but I doubt she is coming into the garden in the middle of the night and pooing on my garden.

We are living in strange times

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mac hinery on July 12, 2010, 02:30:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 12, 2010, 07:33:37 AM

We are living in strange times

True,she is a Dub I suppose so anything is possible
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Myles Na G.

Gaelic football: Irish country boys at play. Discuss.  :)

Puckoon

Thats a pretty stupid and pathetic attempt Myles - one that falls flat on its face.

The current AI Club champions hail from Belfast.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Puckoon on July 12, 2010, 04:13:55 PM
Thats a pretty stupid and pathetic attempt Myles - one that falls flat on its face.

First time in 40 years the championship has come to Belfast, is it not? The phrase 'exception proving the rule' springs to mind.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 12, 2010, 04:26:55 PM

First time in 40 years the championship has come to Belfast, is it not? The phrase 'exception proving the rule' springs to mind.

What exactly is your point?  Who really cares what part of the country they come from?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on July 12, 2010, 04:32:45 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 12, 2010, 04:26:55 PM

What exactly is your point?  Who really cares what part of the country they come from?
No point, really. Just pointing out that GAA is the country man's sport. Those of us living in the city prefer the global game of football, rather than the parish pump stuff.

Puckoon

You speak for an entire demographic now?

The Real Laoislad

Spaghetti and Meatballs for din dins tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.