Football V Soccer

Started by 5 Sams, July 11, 2010, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

I paid £18 to get soaked to the skin last night watching our boys grind out a great result against Longford. I'm after watching half an hour of the "biggest sporting occasion on the planet".  I'll never complain about prices for matches again. What a load of dung from "supposedly" the best two soccer teams in the world.
The Aristocrat Years

pintsofguinness

You've poor football games just like you have poor soccer ones.

This is more entertaining than some of the recent All Ireland finals.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 11, 2010, 08:01:59 PM
I paid £18 to get soaked to the skin last night watching our boys grind out a great result against Longford. I'm after watching half an hour of the "biggest sporting occasion on the planet".  I'll never complain about prices for matches again. What a load of dung from "supposedly" the best two soccer teams in the world.

What games on in the Soccer, Man.Utd V Brazil in the World Series Grand Final is it!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

How long before we have the "why do we have these threads" are we that insecure etc etc

I agree the game is awful, the fear of losing is a powerful thing...
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

I had a nice roast beef for the dinner today.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

soccer is alright, its just not as good to play or watch as real football (Gaelic football)

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 08:28:53 PM

Was it one of those meat in the bag dinners with instant mash?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 08:28:53 PM

Was it one of those meat in the bag dinners with instant mash?

Don't know what kind of mush ye eat in Roscommon, this was Mammy Laoislads cooking so it was the best of the best
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donnellys Hollow

Would they ever end this dung and get the Sunday Game on
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 11, 2010, 08:01:59 PM
I started a similar thread a while back.  Soccer is mind numbing shite imnsho
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

AZOffaly

American Football is shite, Rugby is much better.

Rugby is shite, Soccer is much better.

Soccer is shite, football is much better.

Football is shite, hurling is much better.

I've heard/read all of these statements from time to time, and they are all as pointless as each other.

The Real Laoislad

I dug up my garden and sowed new grass a few weeks back, i can't keep the bloody thing cut it's growing so fast, only thing is parts of it are growing much faster than other parts and is very patchy as a result, anyone know why that would be?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mac hinery

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 10:44:29 PM
I dug up my garden and sowed new grass a few weeks back, i can't keep the bloody thing cut it's growing so fast, only thing is parts of it are growing much faster than other parts and is very patchy as a result, anyone know why that would be?

Yes, the neighbours dog is dumping in the patches that are growing faster.  Ask the neighbour to get round and spread the shite out evenly after the mutt has done it's business.

ardmhachaabu

:D
How mature of youse  ::)
It's really pathetic youse can't take different opinions to yours as being equally valid.  Says a lot about the pair of youse though

Top notch  ;D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something