Your funeral

Started by Olly, May 18, 2010, 02:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

I have been giving this serious thought lately and have finally taken the courage and told my solicitor that I want to be cremeated and scattered. I always abhorred the thought of being burned in a box but I recently had a death in the family (my dog) and knowing that he is under the ground in the garden breaks my heart, especially when it's cold. I have an awful temptation around midnight with a few drinks in me to go outside, dig him up and cuddle him in the hope that he opens his eyes one last time and smiles. However he is 6 months dead and is probably rotting and full of maggots so that'd be even more scarring.

I told my solictor that I want something by Westlife at my cremeation and I want champagne and laughter even canned laughter if people are moping about and being sad.

What are other people doing?

Also, I have asked him to make me be scattered down Donegall Street in Belfast.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Ulick

Why would you tell your solicitor these things - is he also an undertaker?

Olly

Because I know my family will want to have a traditional Catholic burial but I have ordered my solicitor to take control of the whole thing and call the police if anyone objects and to show them the letter I wrote.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggysego

I've been in contact with Aikens Promotions. They're going to get 20-something models to come to my funeral. At the point of burial, they're going to throw themselves on my coffin and start bawling their eyes. Shouting that I was the most amazing lover they ever had.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on May 18, 2010, 02:56:47 PM
I've been in contact with Aikens Promotions. They're going to get 20-something models to come to my funeral. At the point of burial, they're going to throw themselves on my coffin and start bawling their eyes. Shouting that I was the most amazing lover they ever had.

Ziggy this will be the first one of your parties that I am ever looking forward to then!!  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Reminds me of the RTE radio presenter out on the streets and asked man how he'd like to be buried. Yer man replies, ...'to the balls in Bibi Gaskin."
Whatever happened to her by the way? 

delboy

I'd like to get my send off on a tuesday cos its brown bin day, throw me in with the grass clippings and veg peelings to compost, save a fortune on coffins and all that nonsense :D

muppet

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 18, 2010, 03:03:35 PM
Reminds me of the RTE radio presenter out on the streets and asked man how he'd like to be buried. Yer man replies, ...'to the balls in Bibi Gaskin."

Yer man found her.
MWWSI 2017

Olly

Did you hear this on the radio or is it an urban myth?

The Real Laoislad

Didn't she go to India to run a hotel or something?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Didn't she move to India and open a hotel??

Doogie Browser

One of my mates says he hopes he dies on a Friday so his funeral can be on a Sunday at the main mass and everyone will think how big a crowd turned out for his funeral!

Orior

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 18, 2010, 03:29:17 PM
One of my mates says he hopes he dies on a Friday so his funeral can be on a Sunday at the main mass and everyone will think how big a crowd turned out for his funeral!

Thats a very good idea.

*puts note in calendar*
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

sammymaguire

balls deep in this?  :o

I am not gonna die.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

armaghniac

Gerry Ryan: (during a discussion on whether people would like to be buried
or cremated when they die) - "Would you like to be buried or cremated?"
Caller: "Oh, buried Gerry."
Gerry Ryan: "And where would you like to be buried?"