Get up after this then...

Started by Aerlik, April 12, 2010, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW-x90N4ZBw

40mins later he was up and back on the pitch.

Some hard men in this game.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

Jordan Lewis is going for the ball not sure what the other guy is doing
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

stpauls

holy frick, that's gotta hurt!!!  :o

GalwayBayBoy

"Wonderful courage from both players" after one guy gets absolutely poleaxed when the other jumps straight into him :D

Dinny Breen

No sport in the world comes close to the courage of AFL players. Such an insular insecure nation are the Aussies.
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA][/url]

This dude got up and finished the game also last weekend.

Aerlik

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 12, 2010, 09:36:07 PM
No sport in the world comes close to the courage of AFL players. Such an insular insecure nation are the Aussies.

I'm inclined to agree and sadly the media are very much at fault for this.  Alot of chest-beating and self-glorification going on especially on Jan.26th. Australia/Invasion Day and April 25th. ANZAC/Cannon fodder for the poms Day.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

boojangles

Mother of God that was some whack. That mans my hero.

thejuice

That's a hell of a hit, fair play to him for returning. After seeing stuff like this, it really pisses me off to look at all the feigning of injury that's becoming prevalent in GAA.

In regards other comments, there must be nothing worse than being stuck in a room with an AFL fan and an NRL fan during a 'my sport is tougher than your sport' argument. You only have to look at the comments on the youtube link to get an idea of it. It's so bloody retarded. 
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

The glorification of cowardly cheap shots in that sport is nauseating. Same thing in American football. Some braindead steroid junkie takes out an opponent from the blind side and it's all high-fives and air punching and moronic roars from the commentators. What's to be applauded about bushwhacking a fella with no danger to yourself when he's at full tilt and not looking or expecting it? For people with normal values that's a cowardly assault.

Declan

Nothing brave about the bulldog player in that clip. Cheap shot

Estimator

Commentator = "Wonderful courage from both players"

Its almost identical to the Linden/Bellew incident a few years ago in the club championship (where Linden was moving to catch a ball dropping over his head and Bellew hit him) and I doubt anyone on here would mention courage or bravery.
Ulster League Champions 2009

johnneycool

Quote from: Declan on April 13, 2010, 11:47:01 AM
Nothing brave about the bulldog player in that clip. Cheap shot

Certainly a cheapshot as he was shrewd enough to get his arse/thigh area high enough to clabber your mans head.

Fair dues for the lad to being able to continue but as he didn't see the other lad i don't think bravery comes into it.