Holy Hour & Good Friday

Started by AbbeySider, April 02, 2010, 02:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Does anyone else feel that little bit sombre during Holy hour or on Good Friday in general?

Im not awfully religious any more but I get more pensive or something on Good Friday.

Puckoon

I remember one friday (I dont think it was good friday, because if I remember correctly we usually were off school) in primary school and our teacher telling us the story of the crucifixion. Anyway we were all transfixed and the next thing the fecking sky went the darkest grey and the rain started lashin off the windows right at 3pm - the suggested hour of the crucifixion. Its stuck with me and I somehow always see the weather as being bad on good friday in my head.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I get an awful craving for a burger.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Minder

Always reminds me of watching Back To The Future, seemed to be on every Good Friday when I were a lad.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 02, 2010, 02:56:42 PM
Does anyone else feel that little bit sombre during Holy hour or on Good Friday in general?

Im not awfully religious any more but I get more pensive or something on Good Friday.
No

but I tell you, I was thinking today how I hated easter living at home as we'd be dragged to the chapel, it would be a hour on palm sunday, a hour (or more) on holy thursday, another hour good friday and another hour easter saturday/sunday and all we'd hear would be the same story over and over again!  Jeeze I hated that.  I'm not knocking it btw, if it's for you then great.

My parents should have never made me go to mass, I might go now if they didn't force me to. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 02, 2010, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 02, 2010, 03:00:36 PM

Have a fish burger :P
Doesn't satisfy my blood lust.
Suppose could go to the chapel for some of the alcoholic blood.

pintsofguinness

lol

If you want a burger, have a burger! I'd be willing to bet if there is a God he doesn't care!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 02, 2010, 03:09:19 PM

You are trying to shock and upset people... don't bother me but is likely your targets are in church.  Am not into religion either but that is their right and your comments are a bit tacky.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 02, 2010, 03:14:46 PM

You are trying to shock and upset people... don't bother me but is likely your targets are in church.  Am not into religion either but that is their right and your comments are a bit tacky.

Could be targetting me. You're prob wondering why I'm not at church. Because I listened to it all the time as a young child. It's not that I don't believe, but an over-load as pints said.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Shock and upset them? Is this a PG thread? Just being silly and light-hearted, apologies. As usual with religion, everything has to be taken ultra-serious.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 02, 2010, 03:17:22 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 02, 2010, 03:14:46 PM

Could be targetting me. You're prob wondering why I'm not at church. Because I listened to it all the time as a young child. It's not that I don't believe, but an over-load as pints said.
Targetting? Holy f**k (excuse the pun). I'm off. :o

Bensars

Its the day in the  year, despite it being a day of abstinence, that it is very hard to shift the thought of a big juicy bacon sandwich or a burger

longrunsthefox

With the Israelis attacking Gaza again, the abuse of children and other injustices in the world, I'd say God really gives a f** if you eat  a burger Bensars  :o

Bensars

Im sure thats the case. Just stating that while trying to adhere to no meat on good friday, the thought of a bacon sandwich or a burger are very appealing