Man found shot dead near Derry

Started by ziggysego, February 25, 2010, 01:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 25, 2010, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2010, 07:20:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 25, 2010, 07:10:20 PM
McGuinness is starting to bug me, a hypocrite.

Is that not like saying a british soldier who killed someone in Iraq has no right to condemn a murder in his hometown?

Like it or not, the political process has essentially legitimised the IRA and what it did. Any war will have atrocities. Is Gordon Brown a hypocrite when he condemns murders, given that he oversees Britains actions in Iraq and elsewhere?

I found it very interesting that while listening to the BBC national (i.e. across the UK) news report on the bomb in Newry, the (english) correspondent drew a distinction between the dissidents and the PIRA by saying 'However, unlike the PIRA, the dissidents have little support in the community...'. An unexpected admission by the beeb, and perhaps history being rewritten before our eyes...
McGuinness is a hypocrite because he never had a problem when the PIRA were killing touts.  If he came on and condemned it and said there was no room for violence any more or whatever then fine but this "outraged" nonsense sticks in the throat.

How is he a hypocrite ::)if he had condemned the shooting when it was the PIRA doing it then he would be a hypocrite but he never has and never will so don't talk crap.He is condemning it now because he doesn't agree with it.As he said the war is over and thats what he believes.

glens abu

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 25, 2010, 06:46:19 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8535731.stm

McGuinness has some nerve, he said he is outraged at the murder!  I wonder how the family of Frank Hegarty feel about that.  I wonder if wee Marty was outraged at that murder.

That's the thing really pisses me off about Shinners, in all the years they were criticised rightfully by others they always got self righteous and defended the most awful acts in terms of how it would promote 'the cause'

Now when it is someone else pulling the trigger or detonating a bomb, the shoe is on the other foot

Hypocritical f**ks the lot of them

Ah you would know Willie,away and chase the smugglers

pintsofguinness

Quote from: glens abu on February 26, 2010, 11:32:04 AM

Is that not like saying a british soldier who killed someone in Iraq has no right to condemn a murder in his hometown?

Like it or not, the political process has essentially legitimised the IRA and what it did. Any war will have atrocities. Is Gordon Brown a hypocrite when he condemns murders, given that he oversees Britains actions in Iraq and elsewhere?

I found it very interesting that while listening to the BBC national (i.e. across the UK) news report on the bomb in Newry, the (english) correspondent drew a distinction between the dissidents and the PIRA by saying 'However, unlike the PIRA, the dissidents have little support in the community...'. An unexpected admission by the beeb, and perhaps history being rewritten before our eyes...
McGuinness is a hypocrite because he never had a problem when the PIRA were killing touts.  If he came on and condemned it and said there was no room for violence any more or whatever then fine but this "outraged" nonsense sticks in the throat.

How is he a hypocrite ::)if he had condemned the shooting when it was the PIRA doing it then he would be a hypocrite but he never has and never will so don't talk crap.He is condemning it now because he doesn't agree with it.As he said the war is over and thats what he believes.
Why dont you read my post again. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

glens abu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 26, 2010, 01:11:00 PM

I did,still don't see how he is a hypocrite if he was coming on condemning the PIRA for their past actions then I would agree with you,but he is not and never will.

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2010, 11:15:46 PM

The Real IRA has said it was responsible for the murder of a man in Londonderry on Wednesday.

I doubt they said THAT word anyway  ::)
I wonder what moral justification these self appointed pricks have for "executing" people?
The traditional I R A reasoning was that as the Irish people had never voted to overturn the 1918 Election the IRA Army Council was the legitimate Government of Ireland. With the Irish people voting to accept the Good Friday Agreement that has now been superceded and ........eventually the Army Council closed shop.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2010, 03:28:20 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2010, 11:15:46 PM

The Real IRA has said it was responsible for the murder of a man in Londonderry on Wednesday.

I doubt they said THAT word anyway  ::)

Funny you should say that. When I first posted the news here, on the BBC it was Derry Derry Derry. I checked in 10 minutes later to see what updates there was. No updates, but a couple of the Derrys had changed to Londonderry....
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: glens abu on February 26, 2010, 12:04:05 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 25, 2010, 06:46:19 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8535731.stm

McGuinness has some nerve, he said he is outraged at the murder!  I wonder how the family of Frank Hegarty feel about that.  I wonder if wee Marty was outraged at that murder.

That's the thing really pisses me off about Shinners, in all the years they were criticised rightfully by others they always got self righteous and defended the most awful acts in terms of how it would promote 'the cause'

Now when it is someone else pulling the trigger or detonating a bomb, the shoe is on the other foot

Hypocritical f**ks the lot of them

Ah you would know Willie,away and chase the smugglers
Do you have any braincells in that head of yours?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: glens abu on February 26, 2010, 02:42:31 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 26, 2010, 01:11:00 PM

I did,still don't see how he is a hypocrite if he was coming on condemning the PIRA for their past actions then I would agree with you,but he is not and never will.
Right then, so explain to us all how one set of murderers are right and another set wrong.  Care to also explain how wee Marty can say he is outraged by it yet he had his own considerable part to play in the torture and murder of Frank Hegarty?

I won't waste my time waiting on a sensible answer from you since you can only repeat SF bullshit
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Ulick

ardmhachaabu, considering that in all your contributions to this thread you have never once referred to the perpetrators or the victim, I think we can mark this down as a shameless exploitation of a tragic event for political point scoring. And you have the nerve to be calling others "hypocrites"...

ardmhachaabu

They are all scum in my eyes.  Happy now?

Nally Stand

This whole thread is turning into a farce. Most lads don't seem to give a f**k about the victim or the perpetrators but just want to throw abuse at McGuinness. Most of these posters have blatantly refused to even acknowledge the argument that just because he felt the circumstances of the day justified armed force in the past doesn't mean he has to always support it even though circumstances have changed.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 26, 2010, 09:15:25 PM
This whole thread is turning into a farce. Most lads don't seem to give a f**k about the victim or the perpetrators but just want to throw abuse at McGuinness. Most of these posters have blatantly refused to even acknowledge the argument that just because he felt the circumstances of the day justified armed force in the past doesn't mean he has to always support it even though circumstances have changed.
He doesnt have to support it but he could give it a rest with the "outraged" nonsense.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Nally Stand

And why? Perhaps he is outraged? Is there not good reason to be? This attack combined with the others threatens to destabilise a peace process that has taken a good fifteen years to create (and how many years of trouble to create the circumstances for peace), and all at the hands of an organisation he opposes and an organisation that would likely kill him given the chance.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 26, 2010, 09:51:00 PM
And why? Perhaps he is outraged? Is there not good reason to be? This attack combined with the others threatens to destabilise a peace process that has taken a good fifteen years to create (and how many years of trouble to create the circumstances for peace), and all at the hands of an organisation he opposes and an organisation that would likely kill him given the chance.

There is the same good reason to be outraged that existed when the provisionals he was in command of carried out similar acts of execution.

I think that is the point, would you agree?

Fear ón Srath Bán

This island is a different place than it was when the Provisionals were in their pomp. For those that can't see that, be glad that you can't, though some of us can never forget.

Fair dues to Mc Guinness.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...