Man found shot dead near Derry

Started by ziggysego, February 25, 2010, 01:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Man found shot dead near Derry

A man has been found shot dead on the outskirts of Derry.

His body was discovered on Braehead Road, near the border on the road to Letterkenny, before midnight.

The area has been cordoned off by police and traffic is being diverted. Forensic officers are currently examining the area.

Foyle MLA Martina Anderson said community workers who arrived at the scene before her said what they had seen was "horrendous".

She added: "The vast majority of people in Derry would absolutely condemn what has happened here in their city this evening."

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8535731.stm
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Latest news reports that: Was due to get married shortly and was known to police.
Tbc....

longrunsthefox

Doogie Browser

Has all the hallmarks of what used to be known as 'tout executions'.  One of the news reports mentioned he was approached to be an informer before Christmas too, I am only speculating though.
Terrible murder and not supported by the overwhelming majority of people in the 6 counties.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Aaron Boone

Seems a nice fella on the released picture.
Irishtimes.com says he had links to 32 County Soverrignty Committee.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8535731.stm

McGuinness has some nerve, he said he is outraged at the murder!  I wonder how the family of Frank Hegarty feel about that.  I wonder if wee Marty was outraged at that murder.

That's the thing really pisses me off about Shinners, in all the years they were criticised rightfully by others they always got self righteous and defended the most awful acts in terms of how it would promote 'the cause'

Now when it is someone else pulling the trigger or detonating a bomb, the shoe is on the other foot

Hypocritical fucks the lot of them
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

McGuinness is starting to bug me, a hypocrite.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Ulick

ardmhachaabu has hit the nail on the head there (unwittingly it must be said). Who is standing in front of the cameras to explain this?

haranguerer

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 25, 2010, 07:10:20 PM
McGuinness is starting to bug me, a hypocrite.

Is that not like saying a british soldier who killed someone in Iraq has no right to condemn a murder in his hometown?

Like it or not, the political process has essentially legitimised the IRA and what it did. Any war will have atrocities. Is Gordon Brown a hypocrite when he condemns murders, given that he oversees Britains actions in Iraq and elsewhere?

I found it very interesting that while listening to the BBC national (i.e. across the UK) news report on the bomb in Newry, the (english) correspondent drew a distinction between the dissidents and the PIRA by saying 'However, unlike the PIRA, the dissidents have little support in the community...'. An unexpected admission by the beeb, and perhaps history being rewritten before our eyes...