Disillusioned George Lee Walks Away

Started by AbbeySider, February 08, 2010, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 08, 2010, 01:55:47 PM
FFS I just heard Lee on Newstalk in the car.

He reckons that Kenny offered him and immediate front bench position when he was tendering his resignation!

1 - That was a private conversation
2 - its a poor and desperate attempt by Kenny
3 - wtf is Lee thinking saying that on radio? 

He is on RTE 1 now

Heard that.

Lee is trying to sound sincere and comes across as very naive.

It is a massive blow to FG and a huge fillip for FF. In fact George Lee may have handed them the next election. 
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I always got the impression that George Lee was not a 'dyed in the wool' Fine Gael party man, but an economist who allied himself with Fine Gael as a way to get a platform to speak about his ideas on the economy. It was always likely that he'd find Party Whips etc hard to swallow.

That always has a negative affect on the die hard party members of any party. I'd say Lee just got sick of the politics of politics.

AbbeySider

Lee is getting ROASTED on RTE 1 radio now

AZOffaly

muppet

Willie O'Dea described him as FG's bidet.

He said they thought he brought them a bit of class but they didn't know how to use him.
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

I thought Sean O'Rourke on Live at One summed it up in a question.

He asked George was it a case of him joining Fine Gael or was he of the view that Fine Gael were joining him!

Lee may just have put a hole below Dame Edna Kenny's waterline

Zapatista

Lee is an awfull bollix. Who the F does he think he is. There is no reason he can't stay on as an independant. He didn't take to the job and so quits like a spoilt child. More under represented people left behind. He took a massive vote on a Fg ticket and now decides he doesn't want the job because the job he really wanted is gone. Lenihan is the most popular minister and Bruton has the FG job leaving poor george as a mere TD having to deal with bread and butter issues. So long George, you won't be missed.

If I remember right Enda got slated and told he was doing a bad job when Lee first decided to  he had a mid life crisis and was leaving RTE. Apparently Kenny didn't meet with Lee and wasn't the one who brought him on board which made Kenny look rediculous yet Lee thought he'd walk into a big job? Sod off George Lee. I hope you go to the dole que like the rest of us who lost/quit our jobs.

If this p***k walks back into rte I think I'll be sick.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on February 08, 2010, 02:09:26 PM
Willie O'Dea described him as FG's bidet.

He said they thought he brought them a bit of class but they didn't know how to use him.

Willie's time would be better spent solving the problems rather than scoring political points. Why is the default setting in politics always have a go at the other crowd? It loses it's effect. Does anybody really listen anymore when FG take a cut off FF, FF off FG, Labour off Greens etc?

It's like a child's playground.

Declan

QuoteHe asked George was it a case of him joining Fine Gael or was he of the view that Fine Gael were joining him!

How did he answer that one?

rossie mad

serious blow for fine gael.
the only party to gain from this will be labour in my eyes.

that bungling fool kenny shouldnt be leading the second party of this state.
Ive said it before and the best politician in that house by a mile is richard bruton.
Talks sense and gets his point across and is very assured in a debate and then compare that to the other excuse for a politician.
i would cringe if he was to be taoiseach and i would love to see a connacht man taoiseach but not that tool.

Fine gael will have to come all guns blazing in the next six months and criticise the goverment on a daily basis (which in fairness is easy to do these times) to the heat off themselves after this own goal.

Zapatista

Quote from: rossie mad on February 08, 2010, 02:14:52 PM
serious blow for fine gael.
the only party to gain from this will be labour in my eyes.

that bungling fool kenny shouldnt be leading the second party of this state.

He is a p***k but he's nowhere near the bungling fools ahern and cawen are.

Tubberman

Daft woman on liveline now saying this is the most honourable thing a politician has done in the history of the state.
FFS, what a clown!

He's coming across as very naive blabbering on Liveline. His economic knowledge should have been used by FG, but he's only elected 9 months - he can't expect to be forming party policy already.

He has already applied to go back to RTE, but can't go back to the same role.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Declan

Quotehe can't expect to be forming party policy already.

Any particular reason why not?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Zapatista on February 08, 2010, 02:12:56 PM
Lee is an awfull bollix. Who the F does he think he is. There is no reason he can't stay on as an independant. He didn't take to the job and so quits like a spoilt child. More under represented people left behind. He took a massive vote on a Fg ticket and now decides he doesn't want the job because the job he really wanted is gone. Lenihan is the most popular minister and Bruton has the FG job leaving poor george as a mere TD having to deal with bread and butter issues. So long George, you won't be missed.

If I remember right Enda got slated and told he was doing a bad job when Lee first decided to  he had a mid life crisis and was leaving RTE. Apparently Kenny didn't meet with Lee and wasn't the one who brought him on board which made Kenny look rediculous yet Lee thought he'd walk into a big job? Sod off George Lee. I hope you go to the dole que like the rest of us who lost/quit our jobs.

If this p***k walks back into rte I think I'll be sick.

He wrote a letter to RTE ALREADY saying he resigned and indicated he wants back !