The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

50 games in the final set of the Anderson Isner semi final before Anderson came out on top. Amazing stuff.

Nadal and Djokovic could be a long match too.

Boycey

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on July 13, 2018, 08:48:52 PM
A relative sprint for Isner who was also involved in this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_tennis_match_records

And promptly lost his next match in straights if I recall correctly. Anderson will be banjaxed but so will whoever wins this one giving it'll go into tomorrow.

imtommygunn

Possibly not as banjaxed though. These two guys are relentless. They must be a nightmare to play.

Tony Baloney

Serious fitness levels from top players in tennis.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 13, 2018, 10:14:04 PM
Possibly not as banjaxed though. These two guys are relentless. They must be a nightmare to play.

Aye but if they also go deep into a fifth that's played tomorrow. I suspect as well that it would have to be played after the women's final rather than before, so they could be playing quite late tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Then again, Anderson now has two insanely long five setters in his legs in three days.

imtommygunn

Oh didn't realise it could be played after. Might increase tiredness.

I rarely watch tennis but these two guys are phenomenal- great to watch. I think djokovic maybe will have a bit more in the end.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 13, 2018, 10:27:17 PM
Oh didn't realise it could be played after. Might increase tiredness.

I rarely watch tennis but these two guys are phenomenal- great to watch. I think djokovic maybe will have a bit more in the end.

I'm not sure but I'd imagine that as there's all the pomp and ceremony of a final, royal visits etc, the start time of the women's would be set in stone. Don't know if it could be moved to Court 1 either.

macdanger2

Is there any chance that these tennis players are not on PEDs?

gallsman

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 13, 2018, 10:51:25 PM

God no. Brilliant stuff to watch though.

They've just said that they'll have the choice to play either before or after the women's.

imtommygunn

Players choice whether before or after apparently....

Interesting point on 5th set should go to tie break at 12 each in a grand slam. Makes sense.

macdanger2

Quote from: gallsman on July 13, 2018, 11:06:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 13, 2018, 10:51:25 PM

God no. Brilliant stuff to watch though.

They've just said that they'll have the choice to play either before or after the women's.

Ah yeah, great entertainment

gallsman

They're still going. Brilliant stuff altogether. Maybe Anderson will end up being the least tired tomorrow.

Milltown Row2

Hard to separate but fair fucks to both players!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 14, 2018, 04:21:16 PM
Hard to separate but fair f**ks to both players!

Haven't seen it properly but was Serena Williams badly done there getting docked a a game?

Her interview after was very good and her words for Osaka but it seems very harsh.

Not a good US Open for the officials!!