The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Puckoon on January 25, 2010, 11:30:11 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 11:24:07 PM
This is an internet discussion board, we are discussing the US, not my input or yours.  I am not questioning what you are doing, you have no right to question what I am doing

You are making a blanket statement that the US is doing nothing of good in Haiti, right?
I wasn't actually
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Puckoon

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 10:58:47 PM
TO, I guess nothing, it would actually involve the US doing something good before they could be praised for it though

?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 11:09:55 PM
Quote from: stew on January 25, 2010, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 10:58:47 PM
TO, I guess nothing, it would actually involve the US doing something good before they could be praised for it though

See this is the kind of idiotic comment I am talking about. The yanks are a very generous people and Haiti is a prime example of that. Enough said.
Very touchy stew.  I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours, you seem to think America can do no wrong and is above criticism, welcome to the real world.

I will assess what the US have actually done in Haiti after they have left, thanks.
^^
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: give her dixie on January 25, 2010, 11:30:43 PM
For nearly 2 weeks now the US have done nothing but put troops on the ground. Occupation all over again.
16,000 at the last count, while doctors perform amputations without even painkillers.
Millions of people have been starving, and left homeless, and the US send in their killing machines.

They have tied up the airport, while thousands of tonnes of aid doesn't get delivered.
A French plane carrying a mobile hospital gets refused for 3 DAYS to land, so Uncle Sam can get more troops on the ground.

This is New Orleans all over again. Starve the people for days, then they loot for food, and then Uncle Sam tells us they can't deliver food because of "Security Concerns".
Even John O' Shea buys into their propaganda, and refuses to deliver Irish Aid. All he wants is cash, and plenty of it. Shame on him big time for his stance on this one. This is him on Al Jazeera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X0-3FQqN3c

Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, France, Turkey, etc, etc, have all been on the ground working from the start and we don't hear a word about their work.

The US should hang their heads in shame for their role in Haiti right now, and for their continued illegal interference over the years there.

There really is no help for people like you, you are too far gone and too much hate in your heart.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Keyser soze

Well I didn't come on here to bash everything the USA has done, I merely commented on the thread title and pointed out that maybe the USA has some sort of moral imperative to intervene in Haiti in a more positive way than it has done in the past.

I did neglect to comment that they are doing some good there now. I would be more impressed if they hadn't mounted a military operation before their humanitarian effort.

If you want to start a thread on US foreign policy please do, but i'd advise you to bunker down and get a hard hat on!!

give her dixie

"There really is no help for people like you, you are too far gone and too much hate in your heart". 

Stew, it's people like me who have a heart can say what I said.

If you had of seen the same handy work of the US as me, then you wouldn't be so quick to put me down.

Again, I will repeat myself. "The US need to hang their head in shame for their role in Haiti right now."

And don't start me on their other achievements.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Massey-135

Stew, I think when people slag off America they are referring to their successive governments and not the country as a whole. You say the yanks are a very generous people and you're probably right. I'm sure the ordinary man in the street over there is as good as anywhere else, but time and time again their governments cover themselves in shame, it's just you rarely get to hear these stories in the mainstream media. They deserve all the stick they get if you ask me

Tyrones own

We'll hardly hold our breaths for a positive slant on the US in even the slightest manner
from a man that frequents Al Jazeera for his news.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

We'll hardly hold our breaths for a positive slant on the US in even the slightest manner
from a man that frequents Al Jazeera for his news.

You talking about John O' Shea?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tyrones own

If it was O'Shea that posted the above link to a report from Al Jazeera.....then yes!
  - Walter Lippmann

fearbrags

We all need to get our news  from fox (fair and balanced)!
And  our history from  Pat Robertson.

Tyrones own

Quote from: fearbrags on January 26, 2010, 04:59:27 AM
We all need to get our news  from fox (fair and balanced)!
And  our history from  Pat Robertson.

Na... simply lifting a news paper or reading a book would be a fairly good start for a young lad like yourself!
Having said that, Fox news' ratings are very impressive of late..could that possibly speak for itself?
  - Walter Lippmann

Zapatista

Quote from: stew on January 25, 2010, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on January 25, 2010, 09:43:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 25, 2010, 09:34:16 PM
I am not disagreeing, I just think France were more culpable.

It's form for France too. There are a few Countries (including this one) picking up the pieces after them in Africa too.

Aye, America is an awful country altogether, I am sure that the big men on here that bash it at every opportunity would never visit it or if they did I am sure they would sit in a bar and hold court, letting the big, bad yanks know exactly what they think of their country/government.

The hypocrisy on this board is unbelievable at times.

My post was about France ???

I think you might have a bit of a siege mentality when it comes to criticism of the US.

ha ha derry

Until law and order is established in Haiti it will be difficult to distribute aid packages. The only people capable of providing this service is the US military. Those UN clowns haven,t a clue. Haiti gangs are recieving food packs and selling them on the black market.

JohnDenver

Just send in the A-Team to sort it out.