Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 335256 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #4845 on: January 13, 2018, 12:30:52 AM »
Anyone who buys the ‘he’s too dumb to have done it on purpose’ excuse must believe McElduff has the sort of incredible luck that would be better served in a bookmakers than a parliamentary office.

No one is silly enough for that excuse to fly, lads.
Leo Varadkar buys it

LV said he hopes he isn’t re-elected too. First time you’ve heard doublespeak from a politician?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:37:48 AM by Syferus »

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: January 13, 2018, 12:34:37 AM »
You really are demented.
Careful now

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #4847 on: January 13, 2018, 12:47:55 AM »
Anyone who buys the ‘he’s too dumb to have done it on purpsoe’ excuse must believe McElduff has the sort of incredible luck that would be better served in a bookmakers than a parliamentary office.

No one is buying that excuse lads.

Is it just me or are all westies clueless ! between Syfillis and Rossfan i don't know which is the biggest tit!
All "Westies" have a level of brains ( excent nerdy geeky Syfīn  of course) and  humour which seems  to be far beyond the ken of Nordies .
2017 Double Connacht Champions

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: January 13, 2018, 08:13:28 AM »
Anyone who buys the ‘he’s too dumb to have done it on purpsoe’ excuse must believe McElduff has the sort of incredible luck that would be better served in a bookmakers than a parliamentary office.

Is it just me or are all westies clueless ! between Syfillis and Rossfan i don't know which is the biggest tit!
All "Westies" have a level of brains ( excent nerdy geeky Syfīn  of course) and  humour which seems  to be far beyond the ken of Nordies .

Doesn't look like it, it also doesn't look like ye were fitted with a backbone.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: January 13, 2018, 09:54:17 AM »

Doesn't look like it, it also doesn't look like ye were fitted with a backbone.

Same way Gaughan, Stagg and McNeela from Mayo haven't I suppose?  They'd be share my views more to be honest. By the way, RIP Rosaleen Sands. Don't remember that being on RTÉ news during the week.  ::)
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: January 13, 2018, 10:04:09 AM »
Reflecting on the week that it's been I would make the following observations
1 McElduff has a sense of humour worse than Tony Fearon's
2 McElduff needs to grow up.
3 McElduff meant no harm with his antic - he didn't notice the brand or make the connection
4 Unionist politicians know this
5 Kingsmill victims don't because Kingsmill is at the forefront of their minds & they think this is the same for everyone
6 Kingsmill victims are therefore upset over this
7 Unionist politicians, instead of trying to assist victims by explaining that McElduff is a harmless bollix and its nothing to get excited over, exploit the episode for their own political gain
8 Unionist politicians have more to be ashamed of than McElduff
I'm not 100% convinved that there was malicious intent in McElduff's actions, however, you cannot say for sure that he meant no harm.  There is just too much of a coincidence I'm afraid.  As such, Points 4, 7 and 8 above are horseshit.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: January 13, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »
I believe it was a huge coincidence and that Barry is no way nasty to set out to slag off the victims of the Kingsmills killings. Like the chances of winning the lotto are millions to one but someone wins it. This was the very unfortunate flipside of that and I suspect many opportunist unionists know that.

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: January 13, 2018, 10:14:50 AM »
I believe it was a huge coincidence and that Barry is no way nasty to set out to slag off the victims of the Kingsmills killings. Like the chances of winning the lotto are millions to one but someone wins it. This was the very unfortunate flipside of that and I suspect many opportunist unionists know that.
I would say many are unsure.  As I stated, you cannot say for sure either way.  A strong case, however, could be made that it was intentional.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: January 13, 2018, 10:15:59 AM »
I made no connection to the bread and this atrocity.These atrocities are more recognisable not by the location but by phrases like "Ten Protestant workmen", "The Reavey Brothers", etc.

I do not want to get into any whataboutery,they were all innocent people,but I contend Ian Paisley's malicious lies about Eugene Reavey's alleged IRA membership,at a time when his elderly mother was still alive,and refusal to apologise was far worse than Mc Elduff acting the lig.

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: January 13, 2018, 11:03:18 AM »
Anyone who buys the ‘he’s too dumb to have done it on purpose’ excuse must believe McElduff has the sort of incredible luck that would be better served in a bookmakers than a parliamentary office.

No one is silly enough for that excuse to fly, lads.
Right, expert. Explain to me, what benefit, political or otherwise, McElduff would have by deliberately tweeting something like this?

No nationalist or republican public representative would stand to benefit from behaviour of this nature. It’s not like when Unionists need a few extra votes, or or under pressure of some sort and they can resort to this sort of shite (albeit usually more subtle) in order to get a few votes or support from Loyalists.

You might not even have to wait until the end of the month for an example  this, when the flags of a certain BA regiment go up followed by predictable deafening silence

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: January 13, 2018, 11:04:41 AM »
I'd agree with Tony but Paisley disgusting remarks happened years ago and he's now dead.
Barry's idiocy happened last week so is all the rage.
3 months time it will be forgotten.
Meanwhile John O'Dowd was condemning Kingsmill out of hand the other night and Snarlene is in Killarney today to make some speech or other.
Choreography or coincidences?

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: January 13, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »
Reflecting on the week that it's been I would make the following observations
1 McElduff has a sense of humour worse than Tony Fearon's
2 McElduff needs to grow up.
3 McElduff meant no harm with his antic - he didn't notice the brand or make the connection
4 Unionist politicians know this
5 Kingsmill victims don't because Kingsmill is at the forefront of their minds & they think this is the same for everyone
6 Kingsmill victims are therefore upset over this
7 Unionist politicians, instead of trying to assist victims by explaining that McElduff is a harmless bollix and its nothing to get excited over, exploit the episode for their own political gain
8 Unionist politicians have more to be ashamed of than McElduff
I'm not 100% convinved that there was malicious intent in McElduff's actions, however, you cannot say for sure that he meant no harm.  There is just too much of a coincidence I'm afraid.  As such, Points 4, 7 and 8 above are horseshit.
On point 4, William Crawley has said that Unionists politicians off the record have stated that they didn’t think he intended any offence. That’s not to say he didn’t cause a huge amount - he did.
Point 7 - see Christopher Stanford, and his tweet that he had to delete.
Point 8 - Would not say it is horseshit but certainly don’t agree, no real moral high ground in all of this

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: January 13, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
I'd agree with Tony but Paisley disgusting remarks happened years ago and he's now dead.
Meanwhile John O'Dowd was condemning Kingsmill out of hand the other night and Snarlene is in Killarney today to make some speech or other.
What do you mean “out of hand?” John O’Dowd’s family suffered immense loss that same week in Jan 1976 so maybe he’s in a better position to speak and empathise with Kingsmill relatives?

Armamike

• View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: January 13, 2018, 11:15:28 AM »
On the face of it 3 months suspension isn't that big a deal but I'd say longer term Barry's career is over.
I'll have a shower and then phone my brother up

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: January 13, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
What do you mean “out of hand?” John O’Dowd’s family suffered immense loss that same week in Jan 1976 so maybe he’s in a better position to speak and empathise with Kingsmill relatives?
Unreservedly
Categorically
Emphatically.
In no uncertain terms.
I know John had relatives brutally murdered too.