Most liked household?

Parkers
Kennedys
Robinsons
House of Trousers
Freemans
Scullys

Stagmeister

Whats the story with Macca hittin his burd again?? Cant believe it!! I really thought he'd turned over a new leaf....Is Rick still in jail??

tyroneboi

Quote from: Stagmeister on May 18, 2007, 02:02:55 PM
Whats the story with Macca hittin his burd again?? Cant believe it!! I really thought he'd turned over a new leaf....Is Rick still in jail??

Start your own home and away thread please and dont be using the neighbours one!!

ziggysego

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 18, 2007, 02:40:14 PM
Quote from: Stagmeister on May 18, 2007, 02:02:55 PM

Start your own home and away thread please and dont be using the neighbours one!!

I was wondering what that reference was about.

Take it somewhere else stagmeister. Your kind are not welcome here!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 17, 2007, 07:21:19 PM
Also has anyone heard Skye's new song in real life? lets just say she is no kylie minogue!!

Is she jason donovan's sister?

ziggysego

Quote from: gawa316 on May 18, 2007, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on May 17, 2007, 07:21:19 PM
Also has anyone heard Skye's new song in real life? lets just say she is no kylie minogue!!

Is she jason donovan's sister?

Half-sister
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Neighbours coverage dropped by the BBC after 21 years!

"The BBC has pulled out of a bidding war for the long-running Australian daytime soap Neighbours.

The show has aired twice a day since 1986, but the BBC has now withdrawn from talks to renew its contract.

BBC One controller Peter Fincham said he had been asked to pay £300m over eight years - "roughly three times" what the BBC had already been paying.

"We'd love to have kept it but not at any price," he said. The show will end on BBC One next spring."
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

ziggysego

It's a sad day for Neighbours fan everywhere.

Hopefully this news on impact on RTÉ, which up until now only shows episodes in parallel to the BBC. Bank Holiday or no Bank Holiday in the south.
Testing Accessibility

Will Hunting

I'd say this will mean RTÉ will lose the rights as well. What a sad day this is alright.

I suppose ITV or Channel 5 will be the preferred options, just so long as it doesn't end up on Living or some crap like that!

Still, it'll never be the same again  :(

ExiledGael

Yep this is the end of the show as we know it!
It's been good, so many memories

Stranworst

Sad sad reading there, and that's just the Home and Away reference! Worst show on tv bar none.

ziggysego

Channel 5 have just announced they have won the rights to show Neighbours from 2008.

Long-running Australian soap opera Neighbours will move to Five after the BBC pulled out of bidding for the show.

The channel will begin showing the soap, which launched the careers of Kylie Minogue and Guy Pearce, in 2008.

"Neighbours will be a greatly prized part of our schedule and suitably cherished by us," said Lisa Opie, Five's managing editor of content.

The BBC withdrew from talks to keep the show, saying it had been asked to pay three times the current price.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6669769.stm

I guess that means we get an omibus.
Testing Accessibility

Lamh Dhearg Alba

A sad day indeed :'( :'( and Channel 5 have now secured the rights too. The only good that can come out of this is a Neighbours omnibus.....

ziggysego

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 18, 2007, 05:32:34 PM
A sad day indeed :'( :'( and Channel 5 have now secured the rights too. The only good that can come out of this is a Neighbours omnibus.....

As Will Hunting said, it could have been the Living Channel. Now that would have been a disaster.
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

Omnibus sunday morning? if so it will make the hangovers just that bit more managable.

Also, on another issue- now BBC has lost neighbours how can it justify its license fee?  >:(
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggysego

Found this comment on the BBC website

QuoteAdded: Friday, 18 May, 2007, 15:50 GMT 16:50 UK

Thank god common sense has prevailed and the BBC has pulled the plug on this pile of rubbish. It should have been cancelled a long time ago. If the BBC can't stump up ten million for live television rights to the Northern Ireland football home games, how can it justify £300 million to a outdated soap like nieghbours.

Graeme Kilpatrick, Belfast

Never one to miss an opportunity to proclaim "We Exist" them lot!  >:(
Testing Accessibility